NRA about to collapse due to illegal activity

Yeah, we need a lobby truly committed to gun rights. Not these controlled opposition assholes.

Yeah, an uncontrolled, unhinged, and unprincipled opposition devoted only to disinformational outrage is preferable

Read the fucking OP to see my mysterious sources.

So you don't know?

Doesn't really seem like it's went anywhere . . . appears to be being held hostage by some NY financial institutions or departments according to the "sources" in your OP.

In the new document — an amended complaint filed in U.S. District Court in late July — the NRA says it cannot access financial services essential to its operations and is facing “irrecoverable loss and irreparable harm.”

Specifically, the NRA warns that it has lost insurance coverage — endangering day-to-day operations. “Insurance coverage is necessary for the NRA to continue its existence,” the complaint reads. Without general liability coverage, it adds, the “NRA cannot maintain its physical premises, convene off-site meetings and events, operate educational programs … or hold rallies, conventions and assemblies.”

The complaint says the NRA’s video streaming service and magazines may soon shut down.

“The NRA’s inability to obtain insurance in connection with media liability raises risks that are especially acute; if insurers remain afraid to transact with the NRA, there is a substantial risk that NRATV will be forced to cease operating.” The group also warns it “could be forced to cease circulation of various print publications and magazines.”

In addition to its insurance troubles, the NRA court filing also claims that “abuses” by Cuomo and the New York State Department of Financial Services “will imminently deprive the NRA of basic bank-depository services … and other financial services essential to the NRA’s corporate existence.”

Yeah, an uncontrolled, unhinged, and unprincipled opposition devoted only to disinformational outrage is preferable
Lay off the communism bro, it's destroying your mind.

Fake news, New York is threatening businesses that work with the NRA, if they lost their insurance it would be problematic but no way in hell are they going bankrupt

Fake news, New York is threatening businesses that work with the NRA, if they lost their insurance it would be problematic but no way in hell are they going bankrupt
It's a quote from the NRA. Blame them.

So you don't know?

Doesn't really seem like it's went anywhere . . . appears to be being held hostage by some NY financial institutions or departments according to the "sources" in your OP.

In the new document — an amended complaint filed in U.S. District Court in late July — the NRA says it cannot access financial services essential to its operations and is facing “irrecoverable loss and irreparable harm.”

Specifically, the NRA warns that it has lost insurance coverage — endangering day-to-day operations. “Insurance coverage is necessary for the NRA to continue its existence,” the complaint reads. Without general liability coverage, it adds, the “NRA cannot maintain its physical premises, convene off-site meetings and events, operate educational programs … or hold rallies, conventions and assemblies.”

The complaint says the NRA’s video streaming service and magazines may soon shut down.

“The NRA’s inability to obtain insurance in connection with media liability raises risks that are especially acute; if insurers remain afraid to transact with the NRA, there is a substantial risk that NRATV will be forced to cease operating.” The group also warns it “could be forced to cease circulation of various print publications and magazines.”

In addition to its insurance troubles, the NRA court filing also claims that “abuses” by Cuomo and the New York State Department of Financial Services “will imminently deprive the NRA of basic bank-depository services … and other financial services essential to the NRA’s corporate existence.”

Lol I'm glad that the first time you look up information, possibly in your entire life, it was a completely meaningless endeavor. When i made that comment I was referring to the people in the thread who said that the NRA couldn't possibly be going broke because of the tens of millions they collected from their members and they must actually be devising a crafty stratagem.

It was amazing to me that their paying members heard that they don't have enough money to function and choose to immediately disbelieve them at their word (instead choosing to believe that the NRA is secretly engaging in secretly-wonderful behaviour), instead of considering that the NRA might be telling the truth and wondering what happened to the money.

Are you up to speed now? No one said the money was missing, I was marveling that the NRA's members being that certain that the NRA was flush with millions and secretly doing something deliciously devious, instead of considering the NRA might be telling the truth.

most people wouldn't support an organization that they must immediately assume is lying.

If you actually believe the National Rifle Association is about to be destroyed financially, I have 400 acres in Alaska I'd like to sell you.

Lol I'm glad that the first time you look up information, possibly in your entire life, it was a completely meaningless endeavor. When i made that comment I was referring to the people in the thread who said that the NRA couldn't possibly be going broke because of the tens of millions they collected from their members and they must actually be devising a crafty stratagem.

Don't ever change . . . ever . . . continue down the path to become the biggest dick on Sherdog . . . you can do it.

It was amazing to me that their paying members heard that they don't have enough money to function and choose to immediately disbelieve them at their word (instead choosing to believe that the NRA is secretly engaging in secretly-wonderful behaviour), instead of considering that the NRA might be telling the truth and wondering what happened to the money.

They have the money . . . they can't access the funds . . . if a business can't access their money of course they can't function . . .

My goodness.

Are you up to speed now? No one said the money was missing, I was marveling that the NRA's members being that certain that the NRA was flush with millions and secretly doing something deliciously devious, instead of considering the NRA might be telling the truth.

most people wouldn't support an organization that they must immediately assume is lying.

Thank goodness I have you to "bring me up to speed" . . . I would be lost without you.

They have the money . . . they can't access the funds . . . if a business can't access their money of course they can't function . . .

My goodness.

What does it matter what reason they give if their members assume there's a secret, pleasing set of facts that nobody knows?

Found some buttons for you guys to wear:

il_570xN.1431660266_idwc.jpg

LMAO. All these articles will help them raise money.

The left is always counting their chickens before they hatch.

In the end, the NRA will be just fine. They have to defeat Cuomo in the courts, but the NRA can play a long game that can outlast any one politicians career.

The media reports that the NRA is in dire financial straits every couple of years. These reports are more wishful thinking than a prediction of the future. The NRA always has major swings in the amount of cash on hand because they spend their liquid cash on winning elections. They always get more cash because they serve a very real and useful purpose to its members.

If you're concerned you should do what I did, donate at least $100 to the National Rifle Association, or the NRA-ILA (National Rifle Association-Institute for Legislative Action) or the NRA-PVF (National Rifle Association-Political Victory
Fund).

https://donate.nra.org/donate
I agree the NRA will be just fine. I also think the NRA has a hand in this "the NRA is in financial trouble" narrative. I know from past discussions we've had you've stated their ability to mobilize a strong voter base on a moment's notice, but let's not overlook the fact that just like any single cause movement they are a perpetuating institution that needs to generate support and sometimes they need things like this to motivate people. They are an advocacy group, but they are also a business and businesses need money to survive. So while the media is reporting it, it seems kind of naive to assume the NRA isn't feeding this narrative.
When Dana Loesch stated that the news media loved the mass shootings due to the ratings, she was absolutely correct. What she conveniently left out was so does the NRA and the gun manufacturers. The increase in exposure, interest and funds to the NRA go up after these incidents re-ignite the debates. The gun manufacturers love it because people start using the "B" word and there is always a rush to buy a weapon that is threatened with a ban. After a shooting involving an AR platform I can always count on at least two or three people calling me with the "which one should I buy?" question because they fear they will be banned. I pretty much just tell them get the one you like best, because I know (pretty much from experience and observations of past events) they will fire the thing once or twice at a range and it will end up collecting dust somewhere within a month or so after purchase.

What does it matter what reason they give if their members assume there's a secret, pleasing set of facts that nobody knows?

That information was in your sources . . . there is no secret. They're dumping money into a lawsuit. They can't access money or process payments, etc. What is this super, top secret set of facts that nobody seems to know about?

Back