Now that the first round is over, who was the worst champ?

Forrest beat him too. Good stuff. You're missing the point, the 2nd greatest of all time nearly lost to a gatekeeper.
Yea I was there in Oakland for 117. It was great fight. Silva pulled off a great triangle on a game Sonnen.

Yea I was there in Oakland for 117. It was great fight. Silva pulled off a great triangle on a game Sonnen.

Can you imagine if that was the only Silva fight you'd even seen in your life? You'd be like "dude has no future in the UFC, he barely squeaked that one out." Any of the champs that have lost so far we haven't necessarily seen what made them champs. Although obviously some of their credentials are a bit sketchy.

Can you imagine if that was the only Silva fight you'd even seen in your life? You'd be like "dude has no future in the UFC, he barely squeaked that one out." Any of the champs that have lost so far we haven't necessarily seen what made them champs. Although obviously some of their credentials are a bit sketchy.

It was crazy. I was the only one in the skybox rooting for Silva. I was trying to educate the other poor slobs how great Anderson was. One of the best fights imo

I don't know why the subject changed. But Silva/Sonnen 1 is one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Respect to both.

I don't know why the subject changed. But Silva/Sonnen 1 is one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Respect to both.

The point was that Silva is one of the greatest fighters in any combat sport ever, and he nearly lost to someone no one would consider anywhere near his league. It sucks to judge these fighters on a single fight they lost, they may have obliterated 12 guys in a row and then lost their TUF fight. That's all I'm saying.

I'm suprised no one said Yoni. He, Rizzo and Terrance were actually the only fighters who showed absolutely nothing in their fights. . And with all the hype surrounding Sherbatov, it looks even worse.

The point was that Silva is one of the greatest fighters in any combat sport ever, and he nearly lost to someone no one would consider anywhere near his league. It sucks to judge these fighters on a single fight they lost, they may have obliterated 12 guys in a row and then lost their TUF fight. That's all I'm saying.

I get your point, its unfair to judge a fighter from one fight on TUF. Wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the guys that didn't look impressive in the TUF house went on to have a solid UFC career. Happens quite often.

Rizzo for me. Supposed to be a BJJ black belt, looked more like a blue belt. Schnell had an awful fight but still beat Rizzo easily.

Mitchell just got caught early before he had a chance to show what he can do. Zulu looked like he had good stand up, just his wrestling & ground game was lacking.

1. Terrence Mitchell

2. Rizzo

3. Hiro. Yes sorry but against evrybody's opinion i think Hiro looked like garbage in his fight against Zulu. Zulu is basically a white belt and Hiro had all the trouble in the world to submit him

4. Yoni. He was the #2 seed but he literally gave up in his fight against Shelton. It was at the end of the 2nd round i think when shelton hit him with a double against the cage. Not a very good sign

Everybody else looked good even in defeat

1. Terrence Mitchell

2. Rizzo

3. Hiro. Yes sorry but against evrybody's opinion i think Hiro looked like garbage in his fight against Zulu. Zulu is basically a white belt and Hiro had all the trouble in the world to submit him

4. Yoni. He was the #2 seed but he literally gave up in his fight against Shelton. It was at the end of the 2nd round i think when shelton hit him with a double against the cage. Not a very good sign

Everybody else looked good even in defeat

I'm not b ready to make an. Honest assessment on Mitchell, he got zerged by a stronger opponent. That could have happened to anyone, Even José Aldo got booped on the nose quick.
As far as the Rizzo goes he is the worst kind of loser, a poor loser. That speaks volumes about a person's ability, imo. That guy is just a tool that lives off momma and daddy.
Yoni was rather underwhelming too, I agree with you there.
Hiro, well ... we will see I suppose.

I'm not b ready to make an. Honest assessment on Mitchell, he got zerged by a stronger opponent. That could have happened to anyone,

Yeah kind of true. Even though Mitchell got starched, I'd be more interested to see how he fairs in a second fight then Rizzo.

I'm not b ready to make an. Honest assessment on Mitchell, he got zerged by a stronger opponent. That could have happened to anyone, Even José Aldo got booped on the nose quick.

Yeah kind of true. Even though Mitchell got starched, I'd be more interested to see how he fairs in a second fight then Rizzo.

Yeah it's true, i've been harsh on him but he lost in a brutal fashion so it may have clouded my judglent. He's surely better than that. I'll be interested too to see how the guy can fare against another opponent, let's say yoni maybe

Hiro, well ... we will see I suppose.

I'd be shocked if he gets past Antolin honestly. He looks really limited in my eyes, i'm surprised nobody bring the point after the zulu fight

I'm suprised no one said Yoni. He, Rizzo and Terrance were actually the only fighters who showed absolutely nothing in their fights. . And with all the hype surrounding Sherbatov, it looks even worse.

I said yoni bruh

I gotta go with Rizzo too...

Zulu didn't look great but that was also a bad match up for him.

...and that 6foot 125er from Alaska...well that was quick

I'd be shocked if he gets past Antolin honestly. He looks really limited in my eyes, i'm surprised nobody bring the point after the zulu fight
Yeah didn't look that impressive...
But Sherbatov was able to get the TD here and there and transitioned to his back more than one time...and that is exactly Hiros game.

Well, we will see...

Charlie Alaniz came off like a crazy person and a dickhead, and then tapped to a headlock.

Yeah didn't look that impressive...
But Sherbatov was able to get the TD here and there and transitioned to his back more than one time...and that is exactly Hiros game.

Well, we will see...
Antolin fought Page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back