Now that Rory McDonald beat Paul Daley

I would assume he makes a little less for his show / win money but ends up making substantially more with private sponsors. We all saw him rocking monster energy gear :)

Well we have to remember Rory had a separate sponsorship with Reebok, he was one of the dozen or half dozen fighter that Reebok gave extra money too, and it was likely 6 figures, which is why Rory said his current Bellator sponsorship is less money than his previous Reebok one in the UFC. He wasn't like the other fighters getting a piddly sponsorship from Reebok.

He will likely have that money as soon as he becomes champ. Guy is a killer and he's mentally ready. His post interview was excellent. When he goes in the cage it's to finish the opponent. He's a finisher like Miocic. These types are rare. Super high skill set, looking to finish.

He did wreck Daley, and he essentially dominated Woodley. I wish he stuck around. I don't want to try summarize his career for him, especially because he is indeed very young, but as of now, Rory is one of those guys who "could have won THE world title."

Like I said, it's too early. Rory might have a nice, short Bellator run, and come back to the UFC before he's 30.

And @MMAAAM is racist

Nah he's one of the guys who should have won the world title. He's GSP's heir to the throne. He was owning Lawler until he wasn't. He's beaten Woodley and Maia which is probably the next title fight. He is top 5 for sure. Thompson beat him but he was understandably gun shy after that Lawler war.

The funny thing is even though Rory finished Daley with ease, Daley is better than a lot of the UFC's Welterweights and deserves to be in the UFC too.

No he isn't lmao. WW is a division filled with wrestling/grappling monsters. Daley has always been an overrated glorified journeyman who has no idea what to do once he gets put on his back 15 seconds into a fight.

Nah he's one of the guys who should have won the world title. He's GSP's heir to the throne. He was owning Lawler until he wasn't. He's beaten Woodley and Maia which is probably the next title fight. He is top 5 for sure. Thompson beat him but he was understandably gun shy after that Lawler war.

A lot of the same shit can be said for Shields. Both came close. Rory might still get there.

A lot of the same shit can be said for Shields. Both came close. Rory might still get there.

Yeah. Difference is Rory is well rounded and was kind of a prodigy of sorts. He came up on mma, Shields came up different. Different age and different time is all but yeah Shields has one hell of a resume.

Yeah. Difference is Rory is well rounded and was kind of a prodigy of sorts. He came up on mma, Shields came up different. Different age and different time is all but yeah Shields has one hell of a resume.
Of course there are differences. Versatility doesn't entitle Rory to any more respect. Rory didn't lose a controversial decision like Condit or Johny. He was finished in round 5. Chael Sonnen shouldn't have been a champion either. Then again, he wasn't versatile.

Except he made more yesterday then he did in any fight in the UFC.
Yeah, but Bellator = zero legacy

Rory will win some easy fights, make some money, raise his stock as George likes to say and Dana will come running with his cheque book.

I would assume he makes a little less for his show / win money but ends up making substantially more with private sponsors. We all saw him rocking monster energy gear :)
Thought it was the sponsors he made less on. Could be wrong.

What's racist about saying Tyrone? It's not like Tyron sounds any whiter? Am I missing something ?

Yeah, but Bellator = zero legacy

Rory will win some easy fights, make some money, raise his stock as George likes to say and Dana will come running with his cheque book.
Fighters don't fight for legacy bro they fight to get paid. Until the Reebok deal is gone Rory will be in Bellator. Lima and Larkin are both capable of beating Rory and not easy fights at all.

Fighters don't fight for legacy bro they fight to get paid. Until the Reebok deal is gone Rory will be in Bellator. Lima and Larkin are both capable of beating Rory and not easy fights at all.
I think he'll beat both without much trouble.

I think he'll beat both without much trouble.
Larkin is a more dynamic striker with better take down d then Wonderboy and Lima is basically Rory with less wrestling but more KO power. Both have great chances.

Back