Now that Kevin Lee has been humbled

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm starting to like him, I'm watching all of his fights, and he's very talented, and skilled for a 25 year old, and it's crazy to think that if he had about a minute left in the first round against El Cucky, he might've won.

Are you saying that had he won, you would have not liked him? or continued to despise him for being "Cocky"?

Kevin Lee vs. Colby..

Lee said he was moving up, yeah he doesnt deserve it but who the f cares nowadays.

Yea, because it takes a loss to make you like someone that's cocky, "Ya know?".

The Reem has been KTFOed more times he can remember and he's still cocky lol

Conor just got schooled by Floyd and he's worse than ever

I don't see the L = humbled equation lol

I'm starting to like him, I'm watching all of his fights, and he's very talented, and skilled for a 25 year old, and it's crazy to think that if he had about a minute left in the first round against El Cucky, he might've won.

I was never a fan on the contrary. His true character showed the moment the fight was over, I don't think it was a lack of humility, I think it's his public persona to generate interest the McGregor way.
Anyway now I really like the guy.

Yea, because it takes a loss to make you like someone that's cocky, "Ya know?".

I don't understand your thinking though, is someone in this sport not supposed to believe in their abilities as a mixed martial artist to succeed and become champion? I get being humble and modest, but in a sport like this, you have to be confident as hell in your abilities to beat anyone who is put in front of you. The kind of hunger Kevin Lee had for the Championship was appropriately followed by his insane confidence in his abilities to do so, there should be nothing wrong with that. Conor McGregor didn't become Mystic Mac and Champ Champ by staying quite, he was bold enough to put his dreams and visions out there and work to make them a reality. I don't see how you can knock someone like that and Kevin Lee for doing the same.

You can't have the mindset of the Champion and not believe you are the best in my opinion, and all the greats of fighting think like this. Ali is one of them and with his quotes like "To be a Champion, you must believe you are the best, if you're not, pretend you are" and "The man who has no Imagination, has no wings" he pretty much confirmed that. Why in todays society is it shunned upon to be insanely confident in your abilities and brazenly put your dreams out to the world and make your intentions known?

Also, your boy Mike Perry did the same thing claiming he'd beat Robbie Lawler, is he cocky too?

Meh, for a long time Kevin Lee was a loud mouth who's sh*t talk fell short of his fighting skill.

That said, loved how humble he was in the post fight interview, hopefully he learns from that experience to be a bit more like GSP/Rose.

kevin lee i dont think believed in his hype. he was putting up an act for the cam to get more clout.

He would not have won even with no rounds. Fisrt he wasnt even hitting Tony didnt you notice Tony didnt have a scratch on him? Second Tony like Max like Nate is an attrition fighter. Make you blow your load then swallow you later. You dont have much choice but to throw kitchen sink at them or they will fuck u up at range. So eveyone looks good aginst them in the first round. Anyway. He'll be a champ prob one day after Tony and Khabib retire.

Last edited:
Back