Now illegal to use wrong pronouns in Canada; Bill C16 passes

I have no real issues with this, as trannies might as well have the same protections as jews, blacks, women, natives, disabled.

Free speech died in Canada decades ago when it became illegal to deny the holocaust.

I have no real issues with this, as trannies might as well have the same protections as jews, blacks, women, natives, disabled.

Free speech died in Canada decades ago when it became illegal to deny the holocaust.

It died with Pierre Trudeau's not withstanding clause in the charter. The shitstain running the country now is finishing what his scumbag father started.

Every politician who voted yes for this fucking bill should be referred to as the pronoun "dumbfuck".

Fucking sad state of affairs. So if don't believe in more than 2 genders and I tell someone I don't, am I spreading "hate propaganda"? It's insanity. We're legislating insanity.

Disappointing.

LOL at him almost calling it bullshit around the 4:05 mark.

He made everyone of them look like the fools they are and yet this thing still passes.

They need to clearly define the harassment section with 'misgendering' someone. Denying them employment, rentals, food etc because they have gender dysphoria -- but people who do not use their desired pronoun because they have no idea what a zer or zee is shouldn't be brought up on harassment charges.

If anything, this gives the conservatives another piece of ammo to take back parliament -- this shit use to be enough to urge a non confidence vote

Edit* technically it hasn't passed final senate review and has not gone into assent yet. If that can be delayed to past June 23rd when parliament goes on break, it could have to go through the cycle again. So, there is still hope for amendments

Last edited:
It died with Pierre Trudeau's not withstanding clause in the charter. The shitstain running the country now is finishing what his scumbag father started.

The notwithstanding clause allows govts to ignore such laws.

Bill C-16 does not impinge on freedom of speech in any way in Canada. Things are no different than they were before in that regard. Literally the only change that Bill C-16 has made is the addition of “gender identity or expression” to the list of protected categories. That’s it. That’s literally all.

<snip>

Not sure exactly what the laws are in the US, but in Canada you can't say any old thing if it's hateful.
You are not protected by the Constitution if you start calling a Black person the N word, or a woman the C word. You are not protected if you started verbally harassing or discriminating against people based on race, religion, and now transgender.

First you say that that bill does not impinge on free speech.

Then in the same post, you tell us that it is no illegally to verbally discriminate against someone passed on gender identity.

Nice doublethink. "This does not limit your free speech. It just limits the things you can say"

Disappointing.

LOL at him almost calling it bullshit around the 4:05 mark.

He made everyone of them look like the fools they are and yet this thing still passes.

Honestly, I think he might have been better off hiding his powerlevel. He absolutely humiliated them on every point...which probably just embarrassed them and made them more entrenched/vindictive.

Has this bill officially passed? I thought it was in the third reading.

Honestly, I think he might have been better off hiding his powerlevel. He absolutely humiliated them on every point...which probably just embarrassed them and made them more entrenched/vindictive.

What are they gonna do? Deny his research grant?

They can't hide how much they despise this guy. It was clear as day in their tone and the look on their faces.

All because he spits that truth.

When Obama left office, he was threatening NC schools with funding for not putting trannies in the girls restrooms. If Hillary were elected, she was gonna be Obama 2.0. This crap was right around the corner.

Yes, I am sure grown man trannies were lining up to enter school girls bathrooms. That whole thing was just nonsense. You righties really are a scared bunch.

They can't hide how much they despise this guy. It was clear as day in their tone and the look on their faces.

All because he spits that truth.

I think it was just that they didn't know much about what it was they were passing, and aren't familiar with the underlying issues that Peterson was talking about.

That 'I'm a free speech guy' was cringe worthy, trying to making a case about 'feelings' but it's obvious that Petersons points couldn't be reduced to such trivialities.

So to me, it just seems like they hadn't put much thought into it, and they were talking to Peterson who has probably put thausands of hours and a professional background into it.

Anybody else notice Mrs Doubtfire at the hearing?

DAJF-MfXUAEuyPr.jpg

@RhinoRush @Bald1, I'm going with "thon." Please be mindful, as I'd hate this to become an issue.

Thanks.

Every politician who voted yes for this fucking bill should be referred to as the pronoun "dumbfuck".

Fucking sad state of affairs. So if don't believe in more than 2 genders and I tell someone I don't, am I spreading "hate propaganda"? It's insanity. We're legislating insanity.

If you say you won't refer to trannies with their preferred pronoun, which can change daily, then yes you may be looking at a substantial fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back