Now illegal to use wrong pronouns in Canada; Bill C16 passes

No significant portion of liberals in the US want hate speech laws, or secondary justice systems. Your hysteria makes you seem like a complete moron. I'm completely against this bill and its passage in Canada. Grow up.

Oh ok. It's just limited to every other western nation. Surely liberals in the U.S. woudlnt go this far. Why the fuck wouldn't they. And it's not anti hate speech. It's Mandatory speech. I'm done with thread. It's just so disgusting.

#FourTermTrump

Oh shut the fuck up. You won't realize what's happening til a boot is on your neck. Do you even comprehend what just got passed? Canada is setting up secondary court systems, to enforce laws that mandate speech you don't agree with. Why the fuck would you think liberals in the U.S. wouldn't support this? All you need to do is say it's hate speech protection and helps the environment.
This isn't new for Canada and isn't a result of college kids that you don't like.

Oh ok. It's just limited to every other western nation. Surely liberals in the U.S. woudlnt go this far. Why the fuck wouldn't they. And it's not anti hate speech. It's Mandatory speech. I'm done with thread. It's just so disgusting.

#FourTermTrump

{<jimmies}

Jesus, is there some sort of shit in the air that is affecting North America specifically? America is going in one bumfuck direction, and Canada the other. The motto of 2017 is going to be "Fuck measure!!"

This isn't new for Canada and isn't a result of college kids that you don't like.

Oh ok it's all great then. Great point. No seriously, your smug ass post really convinced me. Explain where Peterson's arguments were wrong or gtfo.

Anyone who needs to be identified by these ridiculous pronouns is confused and should be embarrassed. Wanting to be referred to as these labels is one thing but demanding others use them... not gunna happen...

This is absolute madness if im understanding this correctly. You can get two years for calling a he a he?

Oh it's a fact that I thought it was college kids who got this passed into law? I can tell you're not mentally equipped to be having this conversation.
Yes because you were talking about the writing on the wall, when no one else is considering suppressing our free speech in America. We're far more free to express our thoughts than we were in the 50s.

This shit can't be what I am understanding it to be...I mean I think Canada and I think of a couple toothless hockey players punching each other for no reason while a full stadium applauds. Has Canada fallen this far?

This shit can't be what I am understanding it to be...I mean I think Canada and I think of a couple toothless hockey players punching each other for no reason while a full stadium applauds. Has Canada fallen this far?

I doubt anyone will be getting arrested for calling an it, a she or a he.

This is just some protection from discrimination in the work place more than anything.

I am not against referring to someone as whatever it is they might identify as. If I say "Yea I spoke to him earlier" and I get corrected saying I should have said "xim" or whatever else it could be then to me that is fine. So long as people do not get bent out of shape because I mistake their "gender" just based upon appearances then I am fine. Brining the courts into it is something I do not quite understand outside of using the laws to protect people in the workplace, etc. like others have mentioned.

That said people these days are way too sensitive and this whole thing seems like nonsense.

Canada needs God not the Godless destructive soulless ideology of liberalism.

God will judge Canada and all those who bring this filth into society trying to pass it off as 'normal'. To invert the gender roles, God's plan and to invert everything else is to undermine God.

So sherdog, let's all pick our pronouns that our Canadian bretherns will have to refer to us by under penalty of law. Here are a few examples:
tumblr_luiy8hIFrQ1qzxfha.jpg

For now on I'd like all Canadian posters to use the hse pronoun when referring to me. Thank you for your tolerance.

Fuck that. This is clearly an assault on the English language. I will not let a group of minorities butcher our language like this.

Stupid, stupid law. Just asinine.

This is why I voted Trump. Yea, he fucks up a lot. But he hasn't made MANDATORY SPEECH legal. You stupid mother fuckers. If someone got in trouble for this, they are justified to murder who ever tries to enforce the law. It is anti civilization. It is barbaric. It's a war on the mind. A war on any semblance of freedom of thought. Jesus Christ.

You voted for Trump because Canada is retarded? Great logic. Give an idiot keys to America because Canada is going batshit crazy with attempts at tolerance.

Oh they will bring this to the U.S THE SECOND THEY CAN. That much is obvious. Fucking idiot liberals would LOVE IT

No, they won't and can't. Idiot kids at Berkeley are a minority in this country, despite every conservative here attempting to pretend they are the entire left. 90% of the liberals here disagree with this.

I doubt anyone will be getting arrested for calling an it, a she or a he.

This is just some protection from discrimination in the work place more than anything.

This reminds me of the days before Trump when you were a rational adult. Good post.

Bill C-16 does not impinge on freedom of speech in any way in Canada. Things are no different than they were before in that regard. Literally the only change that Bill C-16 has made is the addition of “gender identity or expression” to the list of protected categories. That’s it. That’s literally all. What this means is, transgenders officially now have become a group of people who have the right to receive equal treatment and equal protection under the law. It is a nod from the government of Canada that transgenders deserve respect, and that their diversity has value. Recognizing, valuing, and protecting diversity is a core part of the Constitution of Canada, and I think it's a good thing. I see freedom of hateful expression in the US as something repugnant, and I'm proud to live in a country where you can be a hateful and racist as you like in the privacy of your own home, and as an anonymous asshole on the Internet, but if you try that shit in public, if you spew hatred towards someone based on race, religion, etcetera, the law is definitely not on your side. And Bill C-16 simply spells out that transgenders are a protected group. That's fucking it.

Not sure exactly what the laws are in the US, but in Canada you can't say any old thing if it's hateful. You are not protected by the Constitution if you start calling a Black person the N word, or a woman the C word. You are not protected if you started verbally harassing or discriminating against people based on race, religion, and now transgender. This is all Bill C-16 is - adding transgenders to the list of protected groups. Bill C-16 simply adds transgenders to the list of categories of people protected from discrimination. You can't discriminate against someone in Canada based on, for example, race religion, sex, and disability. Now transgender has been added to the list. That is literally all. I know I'm being repetitive, but some of you people on here need a couple of extra knocks on the head.

There will not be one case in Canada - guaranteed - of anyone bothering to hire a lawyer and go to the courts to challenge the use of pronouns.

Last edited:
Back