November 3 1899

Sunfish

Martinez Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone know the big fight on that day in history? Bonus points if your post doesn't seem like a copy and paste job from Wikipedia.

Anyone know the big fight on that day in history? Bonus points if your post doesn't seem like a copy and paste job from Wikipedia.

I'm gonna guess Jeffries-Fitz without looking it up.

I just remember Grandland Rice writing an article about Fitz and using the "pound-for-pound" phrase to describe him and for some reason I think it came in November of that year.

Whatever it is @Seano probably saw it live.

tom-brady-needs-a-high-five.gif

My guess was wrong, but the last name of both participants have made an appearance already.

My guess was wrong, but the last name of both participants have made an appearance already.
Great call sir. I was bored and wanted to see which regulars were awake. I'm impressed too that you didn't go fuck it, google. If it wasn't sent to me in an email I wouldn't have called it.

Great call sir. I was bored and wanted to see which regulars were awake. I'm impressed too that you didn't go fuck it, google. If it wasn't sent to me in an email I wouldn't have called it.

I think people would need to google it to get your answer, Sun. I was also a decade ahead with my Grandland Rice reference. Fitz was called that back then by some sports writer in Philly I believe, but Rice didn't start associating him with that phrase until around 1910-ish or thereabouts. I'm probably barely awake myself.

P.S. I'm also calling robbery on the fight Sun is looking for here because why the fuck not.

Given we have some weirdo saying manny pacquiao is shit posting round here I thought one for the regulars was a nice changeup.

I'm guessing one of the fighters here was an Irish heavyweight, if Im not mistaken

I'm guessing one of the fighters here was an Irish heavyweight, if Im not mistaken
Both American dude, I didn't have a fucking idea when I was sent the email so just chuck names out there, nobody is judging.

Back