Novels

$uperman

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that reading novels is part of personal development? I personally think it is part of it.

Benefits are:

- Improving empathy because you learn how the characters feel and you learn their motivations.
- Understanding society better because novels also give a view on society.
- Language because reading improves language skills.

Do you guys think that reading novels is part of personal development? I personally think it is part of it.

Benefits are:

- Improving empathy because you learn how the characters feel and you learn their motivations.
- Understanding society better because novels also give a view on society.
- Language because reading improves language skills.

The first two could be said about watching a film or a series so they arent valid points for reading a novel over doing other things

The main benefit i think is language skills improving. Also good for getting your imagination working

The first two could be said about watching a film or a series so they arent valid points for reading a novel over doing other things

The main benefit i think is language skills improving. Also good for getting your imagination working

Reading books goes slower than watching movies. When I read books I have more time to think about the characters and the story. I feel that watching movies is more passive.

My first language arts teacher in secondary school was a black woman.

The difference with reading is that your imagination is given the chance to fill in the blanks, whereas film and TV do the visualization for you.

Imagination is a valuable resource to cultivate, given how many of our inventions and concepts have their root in fiction.

Back