Nov 2013: Hendricks vs Woodley - Who would’ve won?

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Mods add a poll please.

Woodley knocked out Koscheck on the same card that Hendricks got schooled by GSP.

If these two guys fought back then, both in their prime, who would’ve won? How?

Isn't Woodley in his prime currently ? , in any case i think Hendricks , pre USADA Hendricks was a beast.

Hendricks got schooled? Did you even watch the fight?

If it’s pre-USADA Hendricks vs. prime woodley, I’d probably go with Woodley.

If it’s pre-USADA Hendricks vs. 2013 Woodley, I go hendricks

Josh was already cooked and GSP didn't school Hendricks that card lol

Even if you think GSP won, I can't imagine how even the most diehard GSP fan could describe the win as "schooling" Hendricks.

3/10 thinly-veiled Hendricks bashing thread.

yeah thinly veiled hendricks bashing thread. in no way he got schooled. it was a really close fight and hendricks not trying in the fifth round arguably cost him the fight

I agree that GSP won, but I'd hardly call it schooling.

I'd take Woodley. I think Hendricks had got KO'd by Wb by that point.

2012-2013 Hendricks was dominant. He would take Wood.

Pre-USADA Hendricks KOs Woodley and has more successful restaurants than Gordon Ramsay.

Pre-USADA Hendricks for sure. I think Hendricks in 2013 is a better fighter than Woodley is now.

Woodley was not as refined at the time, especially with his ability to dictate a fight to "ration" his cardio, but Hendricks had trouble there as well. He's lost many third rounds, including against Pierce and Koscheck. Hendricks also had tough times with almost every wrestler he has faced, up to and including GSP. The only exception is Fitch and that has proven to be an anomaly at this point.

I think Woodley with his power, speed, and wrestling would have been a more than formidable opponent for even prime Hendricks. Depending on a three or five round fight, I'd lean to Hendricks winning but I'd put money on it being a close, hotly contested decision and not a finish. Actually, if anyone were to get a finish, I would say it would be more likely to be Woodley. Hendricks has always been pretty hittable but his chin carried him through. Wouldn't be the best thing against Woodley.

Pre-USADA Hendricks hits just as hard, is a southpaw and is a pressure fighter. He whoops Woodley.

Woodley knocked out Koscheck on the same card that Hendricks got schooled by GSP.
n6x3pt.png

Easy retort. Will never get over it.

Back