noticed something in Ngannou vs Reem finish.

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

so what exactly was reem trying to do with that first " punch " with his right? he goes to throw one and then just kinda stops and lowers it?

and then he just swings this shitty left arm punch with nothing on it?

i'm really not one of those guys that thinks UFC fixes fights and i've always shit on everyone that believes that, but i just don't understand what reem was doing.

and i'm not making excuses because i like ngannou, and i've never liked reem and think it's absolutely hilarious when he gets knocked out.

all i can think of is that he was panicking and threw his technique out the window, but what was that first punch?
He's fighting scared :/

Don't ready too much into it TS. It's just some hesitation from Overeem and reacting to Nganous movement and actions.

francis went for a left that landed, then right. overeem ate the quick left, then stopped his own right hand. then overeem went to adjust.

then the KO.
Yeah, the angle doesn't show it well but he boops him with that lead left. Overeem got panicky. The right after didn't help. There has to be better angles showing what's happening leading up, rather than the best angle of Alistair getting brutalized.

so what exactly was reem trying to do with that first " punch " with his right? he goes to throw one and then just kinda stops and lowers it?

i'm really not one of those guys that thinks UFC fixes fights and i've always shit on everyone that believes that, but i just don't understand what reem was doing.

and i'm not making excuses because i like ngannou, and i've never liked reem and think it's absolutely hilarious when he gets knocked out.

all i can think of is that he was panicking and threw his technique out the window, but what was that first punch?

Overeem was scared to get countered obviously Ngannou saw that shit coming and even moved his head getting ready to counter his whole game plan was to not exchange with Ngannou in the pocket and look what happened when he did he got fucking destroyed lol

Overeem was scared to get countered obviously Ngannou saw that shit coming and even moved his head getting ready to counter his whole game plan was to not exchange with Ngannou in the pocket and look what happened when he did he got fucking destroyed lol

The way how Ngannou sees Overeem is not gonna really throw the punch is a thing of beauty he calculated and countered that so nice .

Hard to watch that sloppy shit for us who remembers golden glory trained overeem who fought in both k1 and mma.

He had crisp and clean striking with tight defense.

Whoa... I just saw the setup from another angle and check out the tell before the KO.
5:32 timestamped

check out Alistairs fingers motion to him

Last edited:
Reem's rhythm got thrown off by the short left hand that Ngannou landed. Ngannou had also already moved his head to roll with Reem's punch, causing Reem to pull his fist. Reem made the mistake of throwing a left hand and got caught in the process.

People talk about Ngannou being super inexperienced, but he has been boxing for nearly a decade.

Last edited:
That wide looping left traveled about 6 feet but had no horsepower to it

Im not even a Stipe fan,but i just think Stiopic,with that immagrant blood& mentality,is gonna put on an absolute clinic,he is gonna make it look easy& make Francis look bad.(like the Hunt& Nelson fights)..i gets the hype,Francis has scary power&can obvously sleep Stipe with one shot,but so can any HW on the roster&Stipe has fought some heavy hitters&shown that he has the fight IQ&skills to avoid there power for the most part.

If there was a fight for Reem to go back to his more technical kickboxing roots, it should have been this one. Instead of the goofy striking he's been implementing ever since he got with Jacksons. He just doesn't have the chin to be that sloppy with his striking especially with a guy who hits as hard as Ngannou. When he throws the left hook, his right arm is practically behind him.
When it comes to his punches he seemed to be more successful countering behind his guard as oppose to leading. I mean he's never used much of a jab to setup his hands to begin with. & to think he actually wanted to box with Klitschko lol.

It was just trash technique getting beat by much faster and much more explosive trash technique

Well in a thread yesterday some people suggested that it was a dive.

<36>

Yea Reem took a uppercut right that almost killed him for the company, gj OP.

Looks like he was trying faking a left haymaker, then right ducking the counter and counter that with a left hook. Not a bad idea, it just ended horribly.

That wide looping left traveled about 6 feet but had no horsepower to it
Honestly if he just threw the hook tighter he was in position to be the one with the knockout. Was actually slicker than given credit for. Given the outcome understandable.

Back