Nothing wrong with Drew Chatman Flip

KnightfromtheWhiteland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WHAT RULE DID DREW CHATMAN VIOLATE TO GET DQ'd? It's disrespectful, dangerous, etc. but wasn't Dan Hendos Flying Forearm Smash to an unconscious bisping like 10000x more damage?? Watch the video and you'll see this:

Drew throws kick, Ayala catches it and kicks out Drews same leg, goes to ground n pound and Ayala accidently hits his chin on the way down on Drew's knee and knocks himself out. Drew gets up as fast as he can (like he had this shit PLANNED), the ref is thinking about getting in the middle BUT HESITATES AND DOESNT PHYSICALLY INTERVENE IN ANY WAY, and Drew quickly STEPS UP on his back and does a flip off it. After this flip, the ref physically intervenes.
  1. Striking to the spine or the back of the head = A strike has to travel from point A to B, he just stood on/put all his weight on an opponent, how is different from taking back mount/grappling?
  2. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee OR Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee= Referee didn't physically intervene until after the flip and gave no verbal ques whatsoever
  3. Engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes injury to an opponent = VERY unsportsmanlike but NO INJURY.....
I don't agree with the flip, but I don't agree with all the haters either because there is no logic as to what Chatman did wrong? I want to see Sage Northcutt KO his next opponent and then do a 450 Frog Splash because it doesnt break any rules

I’m not entirely sure I agree with the DQ but there was plenty wrong with what he did.

Since the ref hadn’t really stopped the fight do you think that can be construed as an illegal spinal attack? I don’t believe it’s legal to stomp, kick, punch, and knee that area. Let alone use it as a launching pad for theatrics on a knocked out fighter.

HONESTLY there is nothing wrong. People are just pussy about stuff. They don’t like how it made them FEEL so they complain and fined him. If Conor did it nothing would happen.

At the end of the day the ref didn’t stop the fight and HE should be penis sized for his negligence

tenor.gif

WHAT RULE DID DREW CHATMAN VIOLATE TO GET DQ'd? It's disrespectful, dangerous, etc. but wasn't Dan Hendos Flying Forearm Smash to an unconscious bisping like 10000x more damage?? Watch the video and you'll see this:

Drew throws kick, Ayala catches it and kicks out Drews same leg, goes to ground n pound and Ayala accidently hits his chin on the way down on Drew's knee and knocks himself out. Drew gets up as fast as he can (like he had this shit PLANNED), the ref is thinking about getting in the middle BUT HESITATES AND DOESNT PHYSICALLY INTERVENE IN ANY WAY, and Drew quickly STEPS UP on his back and does a flip off it. After this flip, the ref physically intervenes.
  1. Striking to the spine or the back of the head = A strike has to travel from point A to B, he just stood on/put all his weight on an opponent, how is different from taking back mount/grappling?
  2. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee OR Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee= Referee didn't physically intervene until after the flip and gave no verbal ques whatsoever
  3. Engaging in any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes injury to an opponent = VERY unsportsmanlike but NO INJURY.....
I don't agree with the flip, but I don't agree with all the haters either because there is no logic as to what Chatman did wrong? I want to see Sage Northcutt KO his next opponent and then do a 450 Frog Splash because it doesnt break any rules
I was a little surprised by the dq because even though it was completely fucked up, he didn't really break any rules. Maybe a no contest for a late strike. Also, kinda ridiculous to be celebrating like that on such a weak, fluke victory... his opponent basically koed himself

yeah they should just let guys jump feet first on their opponents spine after the fight, nothing wrong with that! renzo also did nothing wrong when he stepped on that guys neck.

you're an idiot, chatman fucking JUMPED on the guys spine.

doesn't matter if the fight was still going or the ref stopped it, he jumped on a guys spine and then flipped onto it when he knew he was out, and even if the guy wasn't out you don't fucking do that.

Last edited:

Lay on your back and allow me to jump on your spine dumbass

Oh well neither one bothers me really. Its wrong to do after the fight but if the fight wasn't stopped yet then who cares.
I think it is just fake outrage. A fighter who spread hate speech is now fighting for an interim UFC title, and people want to be outraged about a front flip. I don't get it. Just my opinion.

I’m not entirely sure I agree with the DQ but there was plenty wrong with what he did.

Since the ref hadn’t really stopped the fight do you think that can be construed as an illegal spinal attack? I don’t believe it’s legal to stomp, kick, punch, and knee that area. Let alone use it as a launching pad for theatrics on a knocked out fighter.

He did nothing wrong. He didn't "attack" the spine in anyway. If putting pressure on the spine is wrong, why is the Twister allowed? Are you saying if an opponent lies flat on his back/face down you can't jump on top of them?? You say there is plenty wrong with what he did, and i agree too, but you didn't adress the actual issue you made it about yourself. The issue is : WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK!?!?!?

I was a little surprised by the dq because even though it was completely fucked up, he didn't really break any rules. Maybe a no contest for a late strike. Also, kinda ridiculous to be celebrating like that on such a weak, fluke victory... his opponent basically koed himself

How is no contest for a late strike? The bell hadnt rung to signify the end of the round, the ref never intervened physically. Why is no one talking about it like this: A fighter knocked out an opponent and had enough time to get to his feet climb on opponent back and do a flip without the referee interevening.

GARBAGE REFEREEING FROM REFS WHO NEVER FOUGHT AND NEVER WILL

How is no contest for a late strike? The bell hadnt rung to signify the end of the round, the ref never intervened physically. Why is no one talking about it like this: A fighter knocked out an opponent and had enough time to get to his feet climb on opponent back and do a flip without the referee interevening.

GARBAGE REFEREEING FROM REFS WHO NEVER FOUGHT AND NEVER WILL
That's what I'm saying, it was pretty ridiculous but he didn't seem to actually be violating any rules... weird situation but I'm guessing that he's not thinking it was such a funny idea anymore

He did nothing wrong. He didn't "attack" the spine in anyway. If putting pressure on the spine is wrong, why is the Twister allowed? Are you saying if an opponent lies flat on his back/face down you can't jump on top of them?? You say there is plenty wrong with what he did, and i agree too, but you didn't adress the actual issue you made it about yourself. The issue is : WHAT RULE DID HE BREAK!?!?!?

I’m not saying anything. I was asking. Could it be ruled as such?

-Strikes to the spine or back of the head or anything behind the ears

-Stomping an opponent on the ground

He did do a two feet stomp on an illegal portion of the body for strikes while the fight was going on. If I did that on your head would you still consider it not to be a stomp?

Did it cause any injury to the other fighter?

-Any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to opponent

Or did the ref consider the fight stopped(which would be incorrect) and decide

-Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee

Or maybe the ref said something to Chatman before the flip that was disregarded

-Flagrant disregard of the referee’s instructions

I don’t know what the official reason for the DQ was... But I’d imagine the official could be use atleast a couple of those clear rules listed under the unified rules...especially the two in regards to stomping, down opponents, and the spinal area.

Lay on your back and allow me to jump on your spine dumbass

This is your logic: Rapist rapes your family member, then goes to jail and you realize hes been abused/tortured for 20 years by his family. Now if you don't feel bad and show sympathy, then you are a bad person because you support torture on children. and now everyone forgets about the rape.

I'm not saying I agree with the spinal jump its horrible, the ISSUE is what rule did he break to get DQ'd? I can't find one rule infraction that occured. He could easily dispute this DQ. I definitely would. Chatman would win the case because he broke NO RULES and then (here comes the big surprise your ignorant ass cant see because you're short sighted) everyone realizes how problematic the current rule is and WILL BAN strikes after an opponent is visibly unconscious.

Back