Not to take away from Kevin Lee win but out of last 12 fighters who missed

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
fighters who miss weight seem to have an advantage of some sort. Out of the last 12 UFC fighters who came in overweight, eleven went on to win their respective bouts now.

The extra two pounds meant shit. Find another excuse.

I don't think its the extra 2 pounds, but the effort and toll it takes to shed them. One fighter took that toll and one didn't. There is probably a very good reason that its so lopsided that its 11 W vs 1 L

I don't think its the extra 2 pounds, but the effort and toll it takes to shed them. One fighter took that toll and one didn't. There is probably a very good reason that its so lopsided that its 11 W vs 1 L

That is such an impossible thing to quantify, and thus, irrelevant.

You are taking a bit away from his win. As you should. He won and he probably would've won within the proper weight but he had a small advantage that has some probability of having made some difference. To what degree who knows.. probably small but sometimes all it takes is a small opportunity.

That is such an impossible thing to quantify, and thus, irrelevant.

Not really. If 1 or two pounds does not make a difference, then title fights wouldnt require you to make weight on the dot. Obviously it makes a difference when you have to go through hell to cut those last two poundd but your opponent doesnt.

He was only one pound over. I agree that missing weight is bs but that one pound didn’t do anything. If lee was a former ww and missed by 5lbs that would be a huge difference in how he shows up the next day but the 1lb he was over didn’t play a huge part if any in this fight.

fighters who miss weight seem to have an advantage of some sort. Out of the last 12 UFC fighters who came in overweight, eleven went on to win their respective bouts now.
or maybe they were just better at fighting than their opponent?, im not sure but its just a suggestion, because last I checked they both rehydrate and eat after wards( gaining some of their original weight back) so its still pretty much fair game

I believe the fighter who made weight isn't going to to have as hard a time as the fighter who had been struggling to shed an extra few pounds. The one who made weight had very little problems by comparison, the who who didn't had been struggling to make weight for several hours prior and may have resulted in issues such as de-hydration or some other side effect.

He was only one pound over. I agree that missing weight is bs but that one pound didn’t do anything. If lee was a former ww and missed by 5lbs that would be a huge difference in how he shows up the next day but the 1lb he was over didn’t play a huge part if any in this fight.

Look at the last 12 UFC fighters who missed weight surely not a coincidence almost all of the fighters won the fights......Common now if no edge why cut the weight at all?

And how many of those 12 were the odds on favourite in those fights too?

Maybe it's just me, but it does seem like missing weight isn't as frowned on as much as it used to be.

Waiting for someone to miss weight more than once & Dana not to say anything about forcing them to move up in weight classes.

Not really. If 1 or two pounds does not make a difference, then title fights wouldnt require you to make weight on the dot. Obviously it makes a difference when you have to go through hell to cut those last two poundd but your opponent doesnt.

Rules are rules; Regardless of how much difference a pound or two more does or doesn't make, the weight limit has to stop somewhere and they enforce the rules accordingly when someone misses weight. Doesn't mean the extra pounds made any real difference; it's two f'n pounds for goodness sake.

No one walks into the octagon the same thing as they weighed on the scales, so who cares.

Maybe it's just me, but it does seem like missing weight isn't as frowned on as much as it used to be.

Waiting for someone to miss weight more than once & Dana not to say anything about forcing them to move up in weight classes.
Missing weight is a big deal at the top of the division...who wants to risk that when the title is within reach

Are you retarded? Just because you can't quantify something to exactitude doesn't make it irrelevant.

If you can't properly measure and quantify something, you can't inject it as an argument to support your side. The word DUH comes to mind.

Look at the last 12 UFC fighters who missed weight surely not a coincidence almost all of the fighters won the fights......Common now if no edge why cut the weight at all?

To be fair the issue is about the concept of a limit. We all agree that 0.2 lbs don't make a difference. When doest it start to become relevant is the question and also as someone pointed out you have to cross the 11 wins with how much of a favorite each of those winners were to begin with.

Back