Not the Official Stop the White Belts Petition Thread

Unfair to legitimate posters trying to contribute

Won't happen, just deal or ignore them
They can contribute. They can post. Just not post threads for 3 months. not too hard. These trolls ruin the forum. You wonder why fighters rarely post here.

If a legit non troll wants to post, they can wait. Trolls creat multiple accounts to just make shit threads all day.

The "Rhonda doesn't feel that bad about it" thread was started by a five year old account with nearly one thousand posts.

The Wahlberg thread was started by whitebelt with one hundred posts.

There is no correlation between a high post count/old join date and good posting/thread starting. None at all.

And what about outsidehammer?

People in the Heavies were offering to fellate him they loved him so much and he was a thread-starting whitebelt.

I have been a member of this website since it was first created a decade ago and times have definitely changed. Being a MMA fan 10 years ago was a lot different than it is now, while its great that TUF brought the sport to the common eye it also unfortunately attracted a lot of the "trolls" we see plaguing these forums now. Sherdog mods do a decent job of banning these people but unfortunately allow them to just re-register with a new username and continue on with their trolling (whats the point of banning if someone can come right back).

Anytime we see a thread title that makes us shake our heads...95% of the time its by a white belt. I think a lot of the clutter and useless threads can be averted if sherdog changes its policy by making it so someone has to be at a certain post count before creating threads. Sure someone could probably spam for a few days and get there but chances are a mod will catch them and ban them. Even if a few sneak by its still WAY better than the current epidemic we have.

I enjoy talking about MMA, I dont want to sift through 10 pages of garbage to see one actual intelligent MMA conversation going on.

Join the petition...down with white belts!!!

This thread has been done to death, if you're such an awesome poster being green and all, use the effing search option next time.

Id suggest to make it impossible for someone of any belt, to make a thread whitouht using the search engine first.

Now that would be cool!

The "Rhonda doesn't feel that bad about it" thread was started by a five year old account with nearly one thousand posts.

There is no correlation between a high post count/old join date and good posting/thread starting. None at all.
Not the point. Obviously there are good WB posters. But there are wayyyyyyy more trolls.

For every 1 legit WB account made daily there are prob 10 recently banned trolls making new accounts.

Having to wait a few months and post a certain amount would cut down

Can't edit on my phone..

Doing this would cut down on there ad revenue. Which I doubt SD would do.

Not the point. Obviously there are good WB posters. But there are wayyyyyyy more trolls.

For every 1 legit WB account made daily there are prob 10 recently banned trolls making new accounts.

Having to wait a few months and post a certain amount would cut down

I honestly fail to see why troll threads are such a big deal to anyone who isn't a moderator. If you see a ridiculous thread title, don't open the thread. If you read a shitty OP, just go to a different thread.

To each his own and all, I just don't see why it's such an issue.

I honestly fail to see why troll threads are such a big deal to anyone who isn't a moderator. If you see a ridiculous thread title, don't open the thread. If you read a shitty OP, just go to a different thread.

e.

Because trolls are smart. They make legit titles, then you go in and realize it's a troll thread.

ESP on fight nights.

Not even troll threads. Just repeat dumb threads that don't belong in the UFC discussion.

Actually, the numbers on that aren't really what one might assume.

For example, just this morning, I reviewed over 50 new account requests for registration. Of those, only 3 showed a prior account associated with the new one being registered. I reviewed another 30 something registration requests early this afternoon and flagged only 2 of them. This ratio is more the rule than the exception.

Now, how many of those other legit accounts that were approved will turn out to be troll accounts, idiot posters with short life spans, or productive long term forum members is anybody's guess.

Well would this be a legit account NOS? Say I get banned from my home IP adress. So I go to some other wifi network down the road and sign up. The I go back home and post there...

Would that flag? Just curious

Well would this be a legit account NOS? Say I get banned from my home IP adress. So I go to some other wifi network down the road and sign up. The I go back home and post there...

Would that flag? Just curious

I would be able to link the 2 accounts, if not immediately then sooner rather than later with little or no trouble at all. Whether it's legit or not depends on what you do with it and what the history is associated with the banned account.

Without revealing any specifics for obvious reasons, for someone who knows how to do it there are many was to legitimately link accounts to the same person. The only thing that allows some to survive longer than others is the sheer volume of new registrations. For those using proxies, thinking that's the way to avoid a ban, it's just becomes a game of attrition, and they eventually get tired of re-registering over and over long before we get tired of banning them.

Not everyone that re-registers after a ban is doing it to troll either. Some people just keep fucking up and it takes an account or 2 for them to finally get their shit together without stepping all over their own dicks at every turn.

That's cool. Just curious

I'm one of them. Didn't troll but just screwed up a few times. Some people just gotta learn the ropes haha.

Does my IP addy show the business name?

Like does it say blah blah orthopedics?

Back