Not the Official Stop the White Belts Petition Thread

Rizzo

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of this website since it was first created a decade ago and times have definitely changed. Being a MMA fan 10 years ago was a lot different than it is now, while its great that TUF brought the sport to the common eye it also unfortunately attracted a lot of the "trolls" we see plaguing these forums now. Sherdog mods do a decent job of banning these people but unfortunately allow them to just re-register with a new username and continue on with their trolling (whats the point of banning if someone can come right back).

Anytime we see a thread title that makes us shake our heads...95% of the time its by a white belt. I think a lot of the clutter and useless threads can be averted if sherdog changes its policy by making it so someone has to be at a certain post count before creating threads. Sure someone could probably spam for a few days and get there but chances are a mod will catch them and ban them. Even if a few sneak by its still WAY better than the current epidemic we have.

I enjoy talking about MMA, I dont want to sift through 10 pages of garbage to see one actual intelligent MMA conversation going on.

Join the petition...down with white belts!!!

I received props when I was a whitebelt and made my first thread.

I'll agree, there have been so many BS threads. 100n threads on Sonnen, 100 threads on JOnes. I'd like to talk real topics without beating the same ones to death over and over and over again

Its not just Sherdog forums pal, its the whole world!

Maybe they could make it so you have to be a blue belt to make new threads. I think that would cut down the amount of troll threads.

But theres always going to idiots. Its just lack of education.

Let them say what they want you fascist!

I don't have a problem with that. There should be some sort of vetting process before a member can begin to start threads.

irony: when this thread gets wastelanded because it has nothing to do with the UFC

I think if you take that away it would discourage people from signing up. So they won't do it..

Most of the trolls on this site resides in the OT. They seem to be plats. Should we kick out all the plats too?

Not really, there are shit posters of all belts and broods.
Everyone makes shit threads here and there, yourself included

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f44/ufc-has-jumped-shark-2112073/

Hell, im posting in a shit thread right now.

You are right trolls arent just with the newbies BUT the majority of the truly ridiculous threads ARE made by white belts, thats just a fact.

And the thread of mine you referenced? That was not a troll thread, I made plenty of logical reasons behind by opinion. Big difference in being an uneducated troll and having an opinion one way or the other.

down with greenbelts

Senor ...

How could you?

68a416f1-852a-4034-a1a0-1d63a6184382.jpg

Back