Not official : Doctors say Holloway may have experienced a mini stroke

What caused the stroke? And are you a sportsman now?

I was around 24 at the time. I had years of drinking many beers everyday and my body was physically addicted. I tried quitting cold turkey and had a TIA/mini-stroke. At the time, I was really dizzy and couldn't form a sentence properly. If I wanted to say something like "I feel funny", it came out as "I funny feel". The vision issues were there too.

I went to a neurologist, neuro-opthamologist, and of course a general physician. From my recollection, mini-strokes can be in varying degrees. I had to watch out for further symptoms, but I ended up being fine in the long term. I'm 36 now and haven't had any sort of problems. Again, my understanding is that TIAs can vary greatly though.

As for sports, I have not competed in anything that would take me getting licensed by a commission. I have hit a lot of athletic achievements since then though in regards to lifting, running, burpees, etc.

I was around 24 at the time. I had years of drinking many beers everyday and my body was physically addicted. I tried quitting cold turkey and had a TIA/mini-stroke. At the time, I was really dizzy and couldn't form a sentence properly. If I wanted to say something like "I feel funny", it came out as "I funny feel". The vision issues were there too.

I went to a neurologist, neuro-opthamologist, and of course a general physician. From my recollection, mini-strokes can be in varying degrees. I had to watch out for further symptoms, but I ended up being fine in the long term. I'm 36 now and haven't had any sort of problems. Again, my understanding is that TIAs can vary greatly though.

As for sports, I have not competed in anything that would take me getting licensed by a commission. I have hit a lot of athletic achievements since then though in regards to lifting, running, burpees, etc.

That's great. You're doing all correctly, and physical activity for you is a blessing actually.

I only being good at sports on higher level was the same as living healthy life...

You have absolute ZERO knowledge in medical science and you're unrelated to it in any possible way.
I embarrassed you and shoved the truth straight into your stupid face, and now you're desperately trying to save it.

You did better with gifs.
Wanna start putting funny gifs again?

Shoved truth?

{<jordan}

Did you do anything here other than have your points get destroyed by other posters? Reoccuring theme for you on Sherdog, no? That's why I can sit back and post gifs; I already know what always happens to you in threads.

Shoved truth?

{<jordan}

Did you do anything here other than have your points get destroyed by other posters? Reoccuring theme for you on Sherdog, no? That's why I can sit back and post gifs; I already know what always happens to you in threads.

Dude...I'm blushing. One more stalker of mine, that's amazing - kinda uncomfortable though.

No one "destroyed my points", I'm having intelligent conversations with intelligent people - I now it's hard for you to understand since you cannot relate.

Any more gifs?

That's great. You're doing all correctly, and physical activity for you is a blessing actually.

I only being good at sports on higher level was the same as living healthy life...

If it's a minor TIA, I don't think he should be affected physically and should be able to perform fine. As far as licensing, who knows. One could easily assume that once it's on your record, you won't get licensed. That seems logical, but keep in mind fighters experience head trauma and KOs yet still get licensed. I

Dude...I'm blushing. One more stalker of mine, that's amazing - kinda uncomfortable though.

No one "destroyed my points", I'm having intelligent conversations with intelligent people - I now it's hard for you to understand since you cannot relate.

Any more gifs?

You are just getting proven wrong over and over.

Oblivion just schooled you too, and he wasn't even trying to.

They have a term for folks like you - wrong & strong.

Instead of just ranting like some kind of crazed lunatic, why don't you tell me why it isn't dehydration, then go back through the thread and read the whole thing over. Keep reading until you figure out why I can throw gifs at you like you've been pilloried for our amusement.

Until then...
giphy.gif

Someone made a thread about this yesterday but it was swiftly deleted due to lack of sources.

Hope Max is okay. He's way too young to be done already.

I don't think I've ever heard about a sportsman recovering his SPORTS career after a stroke...correct me if I'm wrong pls

You might be right...but, If this did occur it's because of his water depletion...my guess is when he normalizes this, he will recover.. I'm not sure about any athletes..but if it's not severe, he most likely will return after time to recover...but you never know.

You are right people recover to normal health status but there is a world of difference to recovering and being a world class competitive athlete again. Like @AimedWithV wrote this is doubtful. But if possible hell yeah he should go for it if thats his goal.

I guess time will tell.

Not in a straight way. Actually , there are a lot of obese people that suffer mini strokes.

However, if you're weak from the weight cut, a head strike in a training can have more impact, simply because you're weak and your whole muscle tone is down.
Like an infant.
I would think it also has to do with your body being dehydrated, and hence less fluid in the skull to protect the brain from shocks of strikes. This whole thing is terrible for Max, but I hope this forces the UFC and ACs to enforce weight cut restrictions. Excessive weight cutting is too common.

Back