Not impressed by Conor's performance against Alverez. Showed exactly why Conor will lose.

I have to say as a "Hater", this type of comment makes me respect the real MMA fans, that like Conor. No matter how hard I try, I can't bash this Conor fan.. @MescalineDreams Here's another quality, fair, and unbiased Conor fan. Anyone can spot the difference from your so called unbiased, expert analysis, and this guys truly unbiased opinion.
What was the thread you made today called again? Oh yeah "Khabib is pretty Overrated atm". Very unbiased of you. And you still don't consider yourself a Fanboy?
you don't ever actually respond to any of my posts Intelligently. You just repeat the same shit over and over again.

You're a waste of space here my man

also lold @ expert analysis, he's an undercover Conor hater.

This isn't meant to be a Conor bashing thread. I create these threads because I know that I provide deep, intellectual, fight analysis for all of the forum to think about and enjoy. I am a fan of Conor, so all of his rapid fanboys who managed to escape the Asylum better not call me out for being a hater just because I feel the man is in big trouble come fight night. I am about to open the eyes of people who think Conor will win and change the opinion of even the most diehard Conor fan with the analysis. Let's begin shall we?

Alverez is a decent fighter but it's questionable whether or not he's above the Dustin Poirier's of the world. He was champ and somehow beat RDA but everybody knows RDA wins that fight 9/10 times and no fluke punch will ever change that.

The Alverez fight had Conor looking like a million bucks. Partly because Alverez just isn't that much of a smart fighter. Alverez came into the fight trying to use his boxing to setup his shitty takedowns. That was the first problem. At one point he runs directly at Conor with a combo just like Aldo did and got blasted. For too long he tried to box a skilled boxer with a 5 inch reach advantage instead of mixing in his takedowns and paid the price. Not to mention, he isn't that much of a great wrestler to begin with.

He gave Conor way too much time to think instead of coming in aggressive and didn't chain his takedown attempts well enough when he did come into range.

The thing is, when watching that fight, Conor couldn't have been much better .....and you know what? If that fight happened the same way that it did, only you replace Alverez with Khabib, Khabib most likely wins. Alverez got hit around a bunch during that fight but there was no one punch KO like so many people seem to think Conor is capable of doing to anybody. Eddie got hit but still had plenty of time to regain himself and go for takedown attempts. Conor clearly changed his stance for this fight in order to make it hard for Eddie to get his hands on him and guess what? He still did. Got Conor in the clinch and in situations that Khabib would have no doubt taken him down in.

You see.....the problem is most people are too blind to realize that while that was an excellent performance, smart people like me see all of the oppenings that Conor left that would have gave someone like Khabib a great oppertunity to have success.

Khabib is also taller that Alverez. I was shocked to see the height difference between the two, especially when Alverez is listed at 5'9 by the UFC but that clearly wasn't the case. Conor had at least 2 inches on him. That combined with the huge reach advantage spelled trouble for before the fight even started. The fact is, Conor will always beat people he dwarfs. It's like Jon Jones. Jones only really ever had problems with Gus because he was the same size as him. Those guys are too good at distance control and are too skilled for smaller fighters to be effective on them because they are bigger but yet still just as fast and skilled as their opponents. They don't lose anything while also having the height and reach advantage. What happened when Conor fought Nate? He was getting hit and lost because for once, he was fighting someone who couldn't completely bully.

Now I know what you're thinking. Khabib is taller than Conor but has a worse reach than Alverez.....that's true, but Khabib won't need to box Conor much at all. The fact that Khabib is just as tall as Conor and will be level with him is good because we all know how Conor's confidence is shook when he can't dwarf someone.

There ya go

Who Alverez ?

Most of the time. I smoke a lot of weed. Doesn't mean I was wrong with what I posted.
It's a little odd that you smoke so much weed and you're still so stupid.. lol

Back when I used to smoke, It always allowed me to see things from different angles. Seems you lack any ability to do so though.

Weed is an amplifier but I guess there's only so much It can do when there Isn't much to work with.

This isn't meant to be a Conor bashing thread. I create these threads because I know that I provide deep, intellectual, fight analysis for all of the forum to think about and enjoy. I am a fan of Conor, so all of his rapid fanboys who managed to escape the Asylum better not call me out for being a hater just because I feel the man is in big trouble come fight night. I am about to open the eyes of people who think Conor will win and change the opinion of even the most diehard Conor fan with the analysis. Let's begin shall we?

Alverez is a decent fighter but it's questionable whether or not he's above the Dustin Poirier's of the world. He was champ and somehow beat RDA but everybody knows RDA wins that fight 9/10 times and no fluke punch will ever change that.

The Alverez fight had Conor looking like a million bucks. Partly because Alverez just isn't that much of a smart fighter. Alverez came into the fight trying to use his boxing to setup his shitty takedowns. That was the first problem. At one point he runs directly at Conor with a combo just like Aldo did and got blasted. For too long he tried to box a skilled boxer with a 5 inch reach advantage instead of mixing in his takedowns and paid the price. Not to mention, he isn't that much of a great wrestler to begin with.

He gave Conor way too much time to think instead of coming in aggressive and didn't chain his takedown attempts well enough when he did come into range.

The thing is, when watching that fight, Conor couldn't have been much better .....and you know what? If that fight happened the same way that it did, only you replace Alverez with Khabib, Khabib most likely wins. Alverez got hit around a bunch during that fight but there was no one punch KO like so many people seem to think Conor is capable of doing to anybody. Eddie got hit but still had plenty of time to regain himself and go for takedown attempts. Conor clearly changed his stance for this fight in order to make it hard for Eddie to get his hands on him and guess what? He still did. Got Conor in the clinch and in situations that Khabib would have no doubt taken him down in.

You see.....the problem is most people are too blind to realize that while that was an excellent performance, smart people like me see all of the oppenings that Conor left that would have gave someone like Khabib a great oppertunity to have success.

Khabib is also taller that Alverez. I was shocked to see the height difference between the two, especially when Alverez is listed at 5'9 by the UFC but that clearly wasn't the case. Conor had at least 2 inches on him. That combined with the huge reach advantage spelled trouble for Alverez before the fight even started. The fact is, Conor will always beat people he dwarfs. It's like Jon Jones. Jones only really ever had problems with Gus because he was the same size as him. Those guys are too good at distance control and are too skilled for smaller fighters to be effective on them because they are bigger but yet still just as fast and skilled as their opponents. They don't lose anything while also having the height and reach advantage. What happened when Conor fought Nate? He was getting hit and lost because for once, he was fighting someone who couldn't completely bully.

Now I know what you're thinking. Khabib is taller than Conor but has a worse reach than Alverez.....that's true, but Khabib won't need to box Conor much at all. The fact that Khabib is just as tall as Conor and will be level with him is good because we all know how Conor's confidence is shook when he can't dwarf someone.

There ya go
That was a very solid post, respect homie!

He did was scared. I don’t like saying that about professional fighters but he looked way off. Deer in the headlights while standing. Getting dropped early fucked him up physically and mentally. He had nothing to offer after that.

There is something to be said about the "McGregor show" I'm sure having someone talk so much shit about you and you doing the same back puts on a different kind of pressure when you also know the fight will be the most viewed and talked about fight of your career and the majority want to see you lose.

Losing to a person like Conor is the last thing you want to do and a lot of guys buckle under the pressure and don't fight smart because they are so desperate to make a statement and destroy the guy as quickly as possible while in the back of there mind knowing losing to someone you despise as a person infront of the biggest audience in your career would be devastating.

Has to be a tough situation to be in. While I personally don't like Conor at all (mainly because of the type of people he seems to attract, unoriginal, loud mouth parrots) he does deserve props for not only being able to create that environment but also thrive in it. That does take a certain type of mental toughness I can't help but respect.

Alverez. I’m so tired of the spelling disabilities around here.

All these threads are about what Conor has to look out for. For once, someone should make a thread about what Khabib has to solve in order to get the win. The fight starts standing. People seem to be obsessed with trying to prove why Conor will lose this fight, as if it gives them peace or some shit.
If you have sparred a guy with better distance control, footwork and faster hands then you might understand more than OP who likely is a bjj white belt who thinks he understands a lot about grappling.

Back when I used to smoke, It always allowed me to see things from different angles. Seems you lack any ability to do so though.

Weed is an amplifier but I guess there's only so much It can do when there Isn't much to work with.

Lol, I used to smoke a lot myself but I can't say as most of the people I smoked with and still smoke to this day were particularly intelligent. Quite the opposite really, on occasion they would have some interesting thoughts but they were usually muddled and unclear, could only really come up with an interesting premise but could never go anywhere beyond the initial idea.

Most heavy smokers are actually dumb af. They only seemed like brilliant thinkers when you were high as hell too.

TS before the fight : Eddie will completely destroy Conor. He will get strangled within 2 rounds lol

TS after the fight: Eddie was never my friend.

idjut.gif

you don't ever actually respond to any of my posts Intelligently. You just repeat the same shit over and over again.

You're a waste of space here my man

also lold @ expert analysis, he's an undercover Conor hater.

<3

You say Conor was excellent but left holes. I understand that, but I don’t think he’ll approach Khabib in the same way as he approached Eddie. Conor’s more than aware of the dangers that Khabib possesses

Lol, I used to smoke a lot myself but I can't say as most of the people I smoked with and still smoke to this day were particularly intelligent. Quite the opposite really, on occasion they would have some interesting thoughts but they were usually muddled and unclear, could only really come up with an interesting premise but could never go anywhere beyond the initial idea.

Most heavy smokers are actually dumb af. They only seemed like brilliant thinkers when you were high as hell too.
And you live on the Island? Jeez-us.

Well I live In Vancouver myself. I know exactly what you mean. When I used to smoke early on, weed wasn't one of those things I felt was a tool that allowed me to see things from different angle or made me particularly more Intelligent.

I would agree that most smokers In general, particularly heavy smokers don't seem to fall as much Into this category. They tend to be more of the "typical stoners" I suppose. As was I from a young age when I first started smoking.

I think It's just one of those things that changes and evolves with you as you continue to grow smarter as a person. After I got a bit older, weed started being far more powerful In that regard. Smoke weed and watch an Interesting documentary, have a deep conversation with a friend or study some Interesting material? Absolutely nothing like It.

If the person wasn't that smart, or a deep thoughtful person to begin with, weed isn't going to necessarily work magic. Although Weed definitely seems to flip this switch quite often, It just depends on the person. Obviously It's one of those substances with a massive degree of variability. Not something you can really generalise

Without a doubt, weed Is an amplifier and a potentiator though. It can absolutely bring out some of your latent potential and brilliance. For some, It just doesn't though. At the end of the day, I think It's a powerful tool to be used wisely and with respect and for the most part It's not.

Jeezus, here you go acting like you were an over intelligent pot smoker too.

Your hero must be a stupid fk too

conor-smoke.jpg

Back