Norway the world`s happiest country, US 14th.

Have had nothing but good times in Scandinavian countries. Can definitely see why they top the happiest.

Iceland is such a amazingly unique place even among other Nordic countries, I'm not sure why people always mention it as something to aspire toward. They have 100% geothermal energy and pure glacier water which eliminates pollution and increases sanitation. Low sparse population, few languages, no religions, clean environment, low poverty, basically the complete inverse of India.

>Happiness rankings on 4 factors
>social support in case something goes wrong
>freedom
>corruption
>generosity
>tfw none of those are directly related to happiness

How is social support an indicator of happiness? If you have the mindset, "I'll do it on my own and I don't need and won't get anyone's help". Then succeed, does that make you less happy than someone who had it handed to them? Being self made is unhappiness? If you lived ina comfy cabin in the woods, It is assumed you are unhappy?

Generosity being an indicator of happiness is a long stretch. Everything is shared in a communist country, would you be happy to live in one of those?

youre stretching like HELL with this post lol. quite impressive spindoctoring.

first of all....communism is not the same as generosity. communist states usually involve the government forcing people to give things up for others. that kinda removes all of the potentially happy aspects of sharing lol. in these countries, they vote and decide to do some similar things.

you like social supports too. if youre in that cabin in the woods, and a bear eats your eyes out, will you be more or less happy if there is no one there to support you? if you break your damn back on the job, and cant work....will you be happy if there are no programs or people to help you? will your willpower and grit and badassness make you self sufficient again? i doubt it. if you drink lead all the time because the EPA was gutted, and get really sick, will you be more happy, or less happy?

some govt supports truly are "handouts," and some are arguably necessities and just commonly decent to provide to your citizens.

I'd be a fuck of alot happier, and alot of other people would to if we didn't have to work for 4 months a year for free because of our governments severely inefficient and mismanaged spending habits.

Back