North Korean Soldier flees to the South over DMZ.

It must be an absolute culture shock to go from one of the most repressive dictatorships to über-capitalist South Korea.
True many cant adjust iv read a good few accounts
They need new skills for work..they pretty much step forward a few decades in time!! So many culture shocks
They need a different mindset, like convicts from the shawshank they are used to being told what to do more
They get nervous around cops or authority figures, a normal boss worker talking to for minor infractions can make them stress out!
Another issue is they have a minor differences anyway (like new yorkers and texans etc) so even when they adjust to all of the rest they will still stick out and feel out of place

Not sure if brave, crazy, or desperate. I'll go with some combination of them.

Funny thing about the defectors, they escape from a prison state, then end up staying for a year or more on a secretive government compound, where after going through interrogations, they go through a period of readjustment and classes on basic living.

giphy.gif

I keeed, I keed!

But as far as the gut parasites go, they're REALLY easy to treat. All it takes is a simple drug regimen. If the soldiers in NK can't get properly treated for that, then that should tell us how bad things are there.

Well, it almost did.

Lenin's revolution in Russia was originally meant to leverage a communist victory in Germany, which was the foretold birthplace. But the fascists ended up consolidating power.
And we saw how wonderfully that turned out. West Germany was basically Germany as it is now. East Germany was a dystopian nightmare. Lenin was the prick who let people starve because he thought it would help bring about more revolution.

And we saw how wonderfully that turned out. West Germany was basically Germany as it is now. East Germany was a dystopian nightmare. Lenin was the prick who let people starve because he thought it would help bring about more revolution.

You just confused two completely separate subjects.

You guys see the worms they took out of him? Nasty!

At first, I wondered if he was a fake escapee/double agent, but boy did they shoot him up. The surgeon said he had to stitch up his organs and his intestines won't be the same and he should be very careful about his diet.

The person on the news questioned if the guards that were "replaced" were executed.

You just confused two completely separate subjects.
Did I? The point was that Marxism didn't work in Germany. It was attempted, it failed as always, and then the country consolidated under capitalism and still thrives to this day...

Yes, very obviously.

The point was that Marxism didn't work in Germany. It was attempted, it failed as always, and then the country consolidated under capitalism and still thrives to this day...

What in the hell are you talking about? You're confusing two events that were separated by more than 50 years. The fascists defeated the German communists and social democrats in the 1930s and prevented the communist movement from taking hold and its seeds from sprouting in the still-powerful German economic infrastructure. The Berlin Wall i.e. the separation of East and West Germany was the result of the Potsdam Agreement subsequent to the defeat of the Nazis in World War II and the destruction of Germany as a pillar of the world market. At that point, the USSR had already established its imperial state capitalist regime and merely expanded its territory into East Germany. The fact that communism failed to take hold in Germany pre-WWII precluded the contamination of the world economic infrastructure by communist organization and left the Russian bureaucracy, which was meant only to hold resources and territory and siphon funds to the revolution in Germany, to fend for itself in what would become a deformed workers state.

So, instead of speaking in historically uninformed generalities, maybe open a history book. I wouldn't dare ask you radicalize yourself, but at least understand the history of it.

i thought about what if the guys chasing him decided to join him instead when they failed to catch him lmao. can you imagine if it caused a domino effect?
Apparently all NK border guards now been replaced.

If this guy has any family he cares about then he's kind of an asshole, don't they torture family members when this happens?

I wonder if they torture or kill the soldiers that failed to kill this guy. I'd hate to be in their position when they had to go back and explained why they failed to stop him.

Back