North Korea Threatens to Scuddle Talks

I think there are a lot of people who think Trump failing would be more meaningful than peace in the Koreas.

I’m sure there are some in Washington like Bolton and the MIC. Probably a bunch of Chinese and Russians. If their on this forum and are Americans then thats poor form and shows a lack of maturity.

I've never understood this line of logic, either, i.e. "they could kill hundreds of thousands any instant."

The US has 15,000 nuclear warheads, all of which are about 1,000x more powerful than North Korea's. We could realistically kill 3 billion people in a day if we wanted to.

proof for that? nuclear weapons power are overrated at times. I have even played with that nuke calculator it would take more than people think. Actual deaths by raditiaton and the blast would be much lower but what it would do to water supplies and food supplies could yeah kill over 3 billion people. Food production and grain and fruits etc would be worst off if they were hit.

Last edited:
For a short period he will, and make a big show of dismantling some nuclear weapons infrastructure, but the weapons and means of delivery will remain. It's just the same old tactic the regime has practiced before; acting like they want peace and carrying out some non meaningful actions, in an attempt to get aid and do away with sanctions. When and if the NK do this soon, the Trumpers will claim how Trump saved the day, but they would be forgetting that the N. Koreans pulled this same schtick before.

North Korea blows up nuclear facility

North Korea has blown up the cooling tower of the nuclear reactor that provided the plutonium for its first atomic weapons test.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...46/North-Korea-blows-up-nuclear-facility.html

I can guarantee you that he will not dismantle all of his warheads or devices if we do not withdraw US troops from South Korea. He still believes US troops on the Korean Peninsula pose a threat to his regime

Beyond NK being run by irrational thugs, I just don't see NK actually giving up its nukes after seeing what happened elsewhere. Pompeo is a lot smarter than me, but I am incredulous. Hope for the best, but the odds are long that this is going to work out well.

Smart people warned the Trumtards not to spike the football yet, did they listen? Being morons. of course not! This is one of NK's standard moves easily predicted.

Hope for the best, but the odds are long that this is going to work out well. Beyond NK being run by irrational thugs, I just don't see NK actually giving up its nukes after seeing what happened elsewhere.

After seeing what happened with the Iran deal, there's no way we come to terms so easily.

I can guarantee you that he will not dismantle all of his warheads or devices if we do not withdraw US troops from South Korea. He still believes US troops on the Korean Peninsula pose a threat to his regime

He may agree to a reduction in US troop presence and full lifting of sanctions for total nuclear proliferation. May throw in some aid too.

After seeing what happened with the Iran deal, there's no way we come to terms so easily.

Agreed about the Iran deal (and we will see if the whole money up front criticism of that deal isn't repeated with more money up front in a potential NK deal), but also Kim seeing what happened to Saddam and Momar. The situation is just so fucked up and seems intractable from what is known on the outside.

North Korea and China will get what they want!

No one wants that but while you all were stroking each other and chanting Noble the sane among us remember history and that your daddy is no magical deal maker and NK would pull this shit.
Noble? Or Nobel?

Seems like you don't want Trump to win :(

Well I think just factually he won't "give them up." But i do believe that he will cease nuclear tests.

He already has, although I think its plausible he's lost a lot of nuclear scientists in the cave collapse so he may be desperate to negotiate, or be buying time.

You're dreaming if Kim doesn't want those sanctions lifted.

Dreaming.

Kim has had Olympic athletes in South Korea so they know that life is better there. He has to come up with a reason to stay isolated. He wants North Koreans to think he tried but the US and the South took it as weakness and are massing military forces.

*yawn*

Kimmy will kiss the ring. He has no leverage. I could see a postponement in talks as a last ditch negotiating effort by Un, but Trump is not going to bend on this. If Kim backs out, it will be a very short lived defiance.

Back