North Korea Threatens to Scuddle Talks

I've never understood this line of logic, either, i.e. "they could kill hundreds of thousands any instant."

The US has 15,000 nuclear warheads, all of which are about 1,000x more powerful than North Korea's. We could realistically kill 3 billion people in a day if we wanted to.
I, for one, look forward to President Stimpson J Cat...

history-eraser-button-ren-and-stimpy-cartoon.gif

The question is should we? Is NK a real threat to anyone but their own citizens? Sure, they could destroy Seoul, but they would literally be wiped off the map if that happened. There is no incentive for them to be aggressive, outside of trying to appear strong.

Recent history has shown what happens if a country can't provide a credible deterrent to American Hegemonic designs.

I think North Korea is closer to East Germany than Libya or Iraq

I've never understood this line of logic, either, i.e. "they could kill hundreds of thousands any instant."

The US has 15,000 nuclear warheads, all of which are about 1,000x more powerful than North Korea's. We could realistically kill 3 billion people in a day if we wanted to.

You may want to double check your math

I could have sworn 15k was the most accurate estimate. What's the actual count.

There is like 15000 in the world (many are scheduled for dismantlement)

The US is 2nd currently with 6800 (ish) total -- only about 4000 of them are in their usable stockpile

All the douchebags are now crossing their fingers that the peace talks fail.
Yeah cause you know the Kim regime has never been down this path before, of acting conciliatory.

Back in 2008 the North froze their nuclear and missile programs , in exchange for aid.
Then in 2012 they agreed to freeze nuclear work in exchange for US aid.

WASHINGTON — North Korea announced on Wednesday that it would suspend its nuclear weapons tests and uranium enrichment and allow international inspectors to monitor activities at its main nuclear complex. The surprise announcement raised the possibility of ending a diplomatic impasse that has allowed the country’s nuclear program to continue for years without international oversight.

The Obama administration called the steps “important, if limited.” But the announcement seemed to signal that North Korea’s new leader, Kim Jong-un, is at least willing to consider a return to negotiations and to engage with the United States, which pledged in exchange to ship tons of food aid to the isolated, impoverished nation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/world/asia/us-says-north-korea-agrees-to-curb-nuclear-work.html

From 2008
North Korea blows up nuclear facility

North Korea has blown up the cooling tower of the nuclear reactor that provided the plutonium for its first atomic weapons test.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...46/North-Korea-blows-up-nuclear-facility.html

Kim better give Jared a loan, or give Cohen some money then Trump will give him what he wants.

No one wants that. I think most expect it to though. North Koreans have been dickbags since before any of us were even born.

No one wants that but while you all were stroking each other and chanting Noble the sane among us remember history and that your daddy is no magical deal maker and NK would pull this shit.

I think there are a lot of people who think Trump failing would be more meaningful than peace in the Koreas.

Well I think just factually he won't "give them up." But i do believe that he will cease nuclear tests.

For a short period he will, and make a big show of dismantling some nuclear weapons infrastructure, but the weapons and means of delivery will remain. It's just the same old tactic the regime has practiced before; acting like they want peace and carrying out some non meaningful actions, in an attempt to get aid and do away with sanctions. When and if the NK do this soon, the Trumpers will claim how Trump saved the day, but they would be forgetting that the N. Koreans pulled this same schtick before.

North Korea blows up nuclear facility

North Korea has blown up the cooling tower of the nuclear reactor that provided the plutonium for its first atomic weapons test.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...46/North-Korea-blows-up-nuclear-facility.html

I think there are a lot of people who think Trump failing would be more meaningful than peace in the Koreas.

I'm sure there are people out there, but I don't know of any.

Lol at peace in the Korea's.

I can already seeing you set this up for a win no matter what Trump gets done.

For all intents and purposes they have been at peace since the armistice in 1953.

This is about getting NK to denuclearize along with stopping heinous way they treat their people.

And it should be in exchange for aid only. As long as SK wants the US to stay there and conduct joint military exercises the US should stay.

There should be regular IAEA inspections.

Anything less and it will be a disaster deal imo.

Back