North Korea Threatens to Scuddle Talks

Ophydian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I’m driving so can’t link but NK threatening to end talks with US and SK. Get the Noble ready!!!

All the douchebags are now crossing their fingers that the peace talks fail.

nk already cancelled meetings with sk for next week

What idiot decided to go through with military exercises that NK has viewed as threatening for decades?

Or is this aimed at creating a bargaining chip?

If they go through with them this will be one of the dumbest things I've seen during negotiations like this.

No one wants that. I think most expect it to though. North Koreans have been dickbags since before any of us were even born.

What idiot decided to go through with military exercises that NK has viewed as threatening for decades?

If they go through with them this will be one of the dumbest things I've seen during negotiations like this.

Incredibly stupid if us to not cancel these drills this year. NK gets rustled over them every year.

Hopefully Kim gets the fuck over it. If not, it'll show Kim wasn't serious about the negotiations to begin with.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44133308

No one wants that but while you all were stroking each other and chanting Noble the sane among us remember history and that your daddy is no magical deal maker and NK would pull this shit.

I don't see any reason why you would cancel those exercises.
Based on past experiences there is no reason to believe NK will act more peaceful in the future.
Nothing has been negotiated yet.

If anything this is a good test to see how serious NK is this time. If they pull out because of military exercises there was no real interest on NK part anyway.

Based on past experiences there is no reason to believe NK will act more peaceful in the future.

If anything this is a good test to see how serious NK is this time. If they pull out because of military exercises there was no real interest on NK part anyway.

NK has nukes and isn't going to give them up. The talks were never going to produce anything but photo ops.

I disagree, I believe all parties want this deal. I think Trump tipped his hand a bit for how badly he wants this deal, which has emboldened Kim to chest thump and demand more concessions.

I think cancelling military exercises until the summit was the best strategy.

I disagree, I believe all parties want this deal. I think Trump tipped his hand a bit for how badly he wants this deal, which has emboldened Kim to chest thump and demand more concessions.

I think cancelling military exercises until the summit was the best strategy.
Both parties want what, exactly?

NK has nukes and isn't going to give them up. The talks were never going to produce anything but photo ops.

You're dreaming if Kim doesn't want those sanctions lifted.

Dreaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a negotiation you fucking idiot

It's posturing

Why so hostile?

I'm not sufficiently up to date on the most recent goings on, but the US has been historically very hostile to ceasing its military operations off the North Korean coast. The North Korean regime has offered to cease nuclear development if the US will cease its threatening behavior on their coasts for decades, and the US has refused. This could well be meant to signal that the line in the sand (that the US will not constrain any of its demonstrations of military power) still exists and that lifting or softening of sanctions are still the only benefit that North Korea may access.

Diplomatically, this would seem to be consistent with the motto that you don't reward bad behavior and with the historical truth that the United States are a bunch of fucking assholes. I do not tend to believe that Trump would knowingly take a softer stance than previous administrations, given his tough-guy rhetoric, but I could see him making concessions out of pure incompetence or even disillusionment with how slowly diplomacy moves: such is my sincerest hope.

Who?

You're dreaming of Kim doesn't want those sanctions lifted.

Dreaming.

Well I think just factually he won't "give them up." But i do believe that he will cease nuclear tests.

Back