North Africans and terrorism in Western Europe.

carlos cadona

Opinions subject to change
Banned
Reaction score
After running down a list of major terror attacks committed in Western Europe from 2014 to 2017 I found that 22 out of the 35 attacks involved North Africans, or 62.8 percent. That's an overwhelming majority of terror attacks being committed by one specific demographic group. This leaves us with the question what is wrong with North African Muslims and why are they responsible for so many terror attacks? There are just as many if not more middle eastern, Turkish, and Balkan Muslims also living in western Europe yet when compared to North African Muslims they have been involved in relatively few terror attacks. Just something I thought I would share.
One last statistic to throw at you 100% of these attacks were inspired by Sunni Islamic beliefs and/or terror groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014–present)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism_in_Europe_(2014–present)

Troubled continent + troubled religion/ideology = trouble

Not shocked.

Shitholes shitting out shitty people.

Godbless Supreme Leader Trump telling the truth.

Do you think there are more Middle Easterners in France/Belgium than North Africans? Because that's just false.

Belgium, especially the Brussels area (Molenbeek/Schaerbeek) has been a breeding ground of Salafists and Islamic terrorists. For a very small nation, Belgium has been well represented in people joining Isis in Syria.

Most of the "ghetto's" in Molenbeek and Schaerbeek are mainly composed of North Africans, and this is why they're overrepresented in terror attacks.

It's a combination of generational poverty and salafism. Misfits are easily recruited by VERY active radical muslims, and they aim for young kids/teenagers because they are the most vulnerable to indoctrination. These teens get approached after the mosque ends and are being fed extremists views. Sometimes these views get pushed during mosque session, a lot of which are funded by Saudis. They work like most extremist groups really, targeting the young angry ones with no purpose in life.

Turkish mosques are mostly funded by Turkish interest groups. We have Turkish extremists in Belgium, but they tend to be more nationalistic than Islamic.

Combine this with a very incompetent police force and an unwillingness to solve the problem and voila, you have a country that's known as the terror capital of Europe.

Troubled continent + troubled religion/ideology = trouble

Not shocked.
But every single country in North Africa has a Human development index rating of High or medium and the only armed conflict in North Africa is in Libya. For example I wouldn't call exactly call Morocco troubled, Hell Morocco is even relatively secular yet it is Moroccans that are making up the lions share of terrorists in all these attacks.

But every single country in North Africa has a Human development index rating of High or medium and the only armed conflict in North Africa is in Libya. For example I wouldn't call exactly call Morocco troubled, Hell Morocco is even relatively secular yet it is Moroccans that are making up the lions share of terrorists in all these attacks.

When Libya has a high human development index rating, maybe you've got to question the value of the metrics used to measure human development?

Anyway, the human development rating of a country tells you nothing about the on-the-ground inequality of the metrics between population and regions within each country.

Do you think there are more Middle Easterners in France/Belgium than North Africans? Because that's just false.

Belgium, especially the Brussels area (Molenbeek/Schaerbeek) has been a breeding ground of Salafists and Islamic terrorists. For a very small nation, Belgium has been well represented in people joining Isis in Syria.

Most of the "ghetto's" in Molenbeek and Schaerbeek are mainly composed of North Africans, and this is why they're overrepresented in terror attacks.

It's a combination of generational poverty and salafism. Misfits are easily recruited by VERY active radical muslims, and they aim for young kids/teenagers because they are the most vulnerable to indoctrination. These teens get approached after the mosque ends and are being fed extremists views. Sometimes these views get pushed during mosque session, a lot of which are funded by Saudis. They work like most extremist groups really, targeting the young angry ones with no purpose in life.

Turkish mosques are mostly funded by Turkish interest groups. We have Turkish extremists in Belgium, but they tend to be more nationalistic than Islamic.

Combine this with a very incompetent police force and an unwillingness to solve the problem and voila, you have a country that's known as the terror capital of Europe.
No I was simply comparing North Africans to other majority Islamic ethnic groups also living in Europe that have a similar population numbers and inferring that North Africans are committing a disproportional high amount of terror attacks.

When Libya has a high human development index rating, maybe you've got to question the value of the metrics used to measure human development?

Anyway, the human development rating of a country tells you nothing about the inequality of the metrics between population and regions within each country.
Libya's high HDI rating comes from early 2015 and is largely a left over of the Gaddafi era. Considering that the second civil war only started in 2014 and that in 2011 Libya had one of the if not the highest HDI rating for Africa it isn't surprising that it can still pull a high HDI rating despite the conflict, it takes a little longer than that to destroy a country with a medium intensity conflict.

I think it's mostly this. These ''known to authorities'' motherfuckers have a way of committing these attacks. They're usually known for one of two things: rejected asylum applications (in which case, why are they even there) or ISISy things. They're just not doing very much about it. I remember seeing a report recently about 54 ISIS fighters returning to the U.K.. 54 is an oddly specific number. It means that they could count them, implying that they know exactly who these people are. We're just left to hope that they won't join the ranks of these other ''known to authorities'' or what?

I remember seeing a report recently about 54 ISIS fighters returning to the U.K.. 54 is an oddly specific number. It means that they could count them, implying that they know exactly who these people are. We're just left to hope that they won't join the ranks of these other ''known to authorities'' or what?

We shouldn't worry , they were probably just doing charity work or going on an adventure hike.....

. I remember seeing a report recently about 54 ISIS fighters returning to the U.K.. 54 is an oddly specific number. It means that they could count them, implying that they know exactly who these people are. We're just left to hope that they won't join the ranks of these other ''known to authorities'' or what?
giphy-3.gif

We shouldn't worry , they were probably just doing charity work or going on an adventure hike.....

I sort of reject the premise of this thread. It really doesn't matter if these guys are North African or even Muslim. What information you could get out of it is ''extremist organizations target easily radicalized people with some sympathy to their cause.'' Stop the presses. The authorities have had much more actionable information to work with in a lot of these cases. Information like ''this guy is literally all about ISIS and shouldn't even be in this country.'' Somehow, though, dudes with (multiple) rejected asylum requests, ties to jihadi organizations, dudes who have been banned from multiple mosques and reported to the authorities for extremism manage to navigate society, plan and carry out attacks. One of the bastards who carried out the London Bridge attack was actually involved in a rehabilitation program called ''Prevent.''

I don't get the profiling or ''we need to monitor mosques'' arguments. Motherfucker, the mosques are doing the monitoring for us and the authorities are responding with ''k cool story bro.'' The vetting and monitoring procedures in place are mostly doing their job. There's just no teeth behind any of it.

They also lead the "most likely to commit rape" statistics.

Theyre still pissed the Moors were expelled from Grenada in 1492. And think it is their mission to recover lost lands in Spain.

Just lump n Africa and the middle East together.

They have been doing this so long I don't think they will ever change.

Not good places

Theyre still pissed the Moors were expelled from Grenada in 1492. And think it is their mission to recover lost lands in Spain.

I wonder when they are planning to wreck their revenge on the Mongols .

Northern Africans aren't exactly known for their civility. It should be no surprise when individuals from that region regress to the same sort of behavior typical of said region, even if they supposedly "assimilate".

In Morocco and Tunisia I found them perfectly pleasant but some of their cultural norms can be quite jarring when they come into close proximity with our own .

Back