Nootropics?!

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So we all heard of Joe Rogan contantly promoting his smart drug, Alpha Male, and Cowboy said it worked for him.
I wanted to order out of curiosity, but apearantly Onnit wont ship edible products to israel.
So I did a little research, read reviews, and the acclaimed science behind it, on my own, and ended up ordering Mind Lab Pro.

Has anybody here tried a nootropic for a long period of time? What's your result/opinion?

I've tried oxiracetam,adrafinil,phenibut,bromantane,tianeptine and a product similar to alpha brain called deep thought.

Oxiracetam- ups your focus for about 4 hours. Made nature appear extra beautiful. I would watch videos and notice things that have always been there but I paid no attention to. The first day I took this my son asked "how do plants breathe" and I had an answer.

Adrafinil-used to be a prescription drug for narcolepsy. Gives about 6-8 hours of super focus. Feels a lot like amphetamine without many of the negative side effects. I read a book on this and imagined it with incredible detail,like a movie playing in my brain.

Phenibut- this is an anti-anxiety med for russian astronauts originally. I must warn you it is powerful and addictive,so treat it with major respect. No more than 2 times per week usage and never 2 days in a row. That said,this is one of my favorites. Effects last about 14 hours. Nothing kills anxiety like this. It also doesn't make you sloppy like alcohol or Xanax. Makes you super creative and increases endurance. When I take this at work I outwork my co-workers by a large margin. combos well with caffeine.

Bromantane- a very unique russian drug. It is banned for athletes but totally legal. Gives a semi speedy brain effect and gives you a no nonsense disposition. but it's main perk is almost unlimted anaerobic endurance. First time I tried it I did a boxing workout and I can see why it's banned ,it gives you an unfair advantage. I threw nonstop power punches for several 3 minute rounds and was barely fatigued. This is basically powdered cardio!

Tianeptine - this is a new one for me ,I've been taking to relax after work. basically it's feeling is an energetic Zen mode. Feels very similar to loratab. Last about 2-3 hours.

Hope this helps broman.

I've tried oxiracetam,adrafinil,phenibut,bromantane,tianeptine and a product similar to alpha brain called deep thought.
Phenibut- this is an anti-anxiety med for russian astronauts originally. I must warn you it is powerful and addictive,so treat it with major respect. No more than 2 times per week usage and never 2 days in a row. That said,this is one of my favorites. Effects last about 14 hours. Nothing kills anxiety like this. It also doesn't make you sloppy like alcohol or Xanax. Makes you super creative and increases endurance. When I take this at work I outwork my co-workers by a large margin. combos well with caffeine.

Glad to hear this. I just ordered some Phenibut and am excited to get it. I drink a lot and am looking to replace my drinking days with Phenibut days. Alcohol addiction is truly horrible. I've heard a lot of positive reviews of Phenibut and some negative/neutral, so I'm glad to hear it works for you.

I assume Adrafinil is related to Modafinil? Modafinil is readily available for me, that'll probably be the next nootropic I buy. Just adding one at a time so I can get a good gauge on individual effects.

Thanks for the write up.

Oxiracetam- ups your focus for about 4 hours. Made nature appear extra beautiful. I would watch videos and notice things that have always been there but I paid no attention to. The first day I took this my son asked "how do plants breathe" and I had an answer.

Adrafinil-used to be a prescription drug for narcolepsy. Gives about 6-8 hours of super focus. Feels a lot like amphetamine without many of the negative side effects. I read a book on this and imagined it with incredible detail,like a movie playing in my brain.

Bromantane- a very unique russian drug. It is banned for athletes but totally legal. Gives a semi speedy brain effect and gives you a no nonsense disposition. but it's main perk is almost unlimted anaerobic endurance. First time I tried it I did a boxing workout and I can see why it's banned ,it gives you an unfair advantage. I threw nonstop power punches for several 3 minute rounds and was barely fatigued. This is basically powdered cardio!

Tianeptine - this is a new one for me ,I've been taking to relax after work. basically it's feeling is an energetic Zen mode. Feels very similar to loratab. Last about 2-3 hours.

Hope this helps broman.
So you take everything except phenibut every day in the morning or just on workout days?

Glad to hear this. I just ordered some Phenibut and am excited to get it. I drink a lot and am looking to replace my drinking days with Phenibut days. Alcohol addiction is truly horrible. I've heard a lot of positive reviews of Phenibut and some negative/neutral, so I'm glad to hear it works for you.

I assume Adrafinil is related to Modafinil? Modafinil is readily available for me, that'll probably be the next nootropic I buy. Just adding one at a time so I can get a good gauge on individual effects.

Thanks for the write up.

Adrafinil is the OTC prodrug to modafinil,supposedly your liver converts adrafinil into modafinil. So it can be a little hard on the liver. And if you take too much of either you get tremendous headaches behind the eyes!

I've read some clinics in Russia use phenibut for recovering alcoholics!

So you take everything except phenibut every day in the morning or just on workout days?

Oh heck no!

Phenibut- 2 times a week with several days break between dosage.

Adrafinil- once in a blue moon. It can disrupt sleep and keep you up ,and give bad headaches when you take too much.

Oxiracetam- I blew through 25 grams in a week..I feel this is the safest outta of the ones I've tried.no negative sides.

Bromantane - maybe 1-2 times per week to give extra boost to workout. Or if I need to deep clean house!

Tianeptine - 2-3 times a week to relax after work.

It's good to cycle and taper dosage to reduce tolerance.

The best ones I've noticed for pre workout are phenibut and bromantane. The others I use when playing video games for extra focus and mental edge .
Oxiracetam helped me kick the shit outta borderlands:the pre sequel!

Thanks for the write up.

What site did you get your phenibut? And is it FAA or HCL?

What site did you get your phenibut? And is it FAA or HCL?

I got it here: http://peaknootropics.com/shop/phenibut/

I don't see where it says FAA or HCL, I guess I didn't research enough, whoops. It was actually a bad deal compared to what I see on Nootropics Depot, where I will order from next time (*edit: if I like it)

I have decided not to pursue the modafinil after hearing some more testimonials and a lot of people having some anxiety, especially when mixed with caffeine which I will not go without.

Adrafinil is the OTC prodrug to modafinil,supposedly your liver converts adrafinil into modafinil. So it can be a little hard on the liver. And if you take too much of either you get tremendous headaches behind the eyes!

I've read some clinics in Russia use phenibut for recovering alcoholics!

Oh wow, I didn't even see this post, that is very encouraging about the phenibut! Thanks again for the knowledge, man.

I got it here: http://peaknootropics.com/shop/phenibut/

I don't see where it says FAA or HCL, I guess I didn't research enough, whoops. It was actually a bad deal compared to what I see on Nootropics Depot, where I will order from next time (*edit: if I like it)

I have decided not to pursue the modafinil after hearing some more testimonials and a lot of people having some anxiety, especially when mixed with caffeine which I will not go without.

Yea I order www.liftmode.com HCL Large crystals. $24 for 100 grams!
Yea I'm throwing my adrafinil in the trash,i took too much the other day smoked a bunch of cigs and energy drinks and my BP got way too high and a vessel rupture in my eye! I know,i know it's my own fault !

Yea I order www.liftmode.com HCL Large crystals. $24 for 100 grams!
Yea I'm throwing my adrafinil in the trash,i took too much the other day smoked a bunch of cigs and energy drinks and my BP got way too high and a vessel rupture in my eye! I know,i know it's my own fault !

That's a pretty good deal.

Yeah I am scared of stimulants, coffee and theanine I use, and that is pretty good, I don't want to be any higher. I vape nicotine and want to move to lozenges now, just bought some today. These weak stimulants with long half lives appeal to me. But my recreational drug of choice has always been alcohol...I'm really hoping the phenibut can replace it.

That's a pretty good deal.

Yeah I am scared of stimulants, coffee and theanine I use, and that is pretty good, I don't want to be any higher. I vape nicotine and want to move to lozenges now, just bought some today. These weak stimulants with long half lives appeal to me. But my recreational drug of choice has always been alcohol...I'm really hoping the phenibut can replace it.

Man I hope you conquer that demon! Just remember phenibut has its own withdrawal if used too frequently so don't end up with 2 habits! Google phenibutgod he has good dosing strategies and advice!

Man I hope you conquer that demon! Just remember phenibut has its own withdrawal if used too frequently so don't end up with 2 habits! Google phenibutgod he has good dosing strategies and advice!

Well I'll give it a good shot. Alcohol isn't ruining my life or anything, I just don't like the cost (Canadian alcohol taxes :eek: ) and calories mostly. I will look up phenibutgod right now, thanks for the tip. I saw one post on reddit by a phenibut user who was starting out at 2g dosage, like WTF? There was another guy who had built up to TEN GRAMS a day, too.

Well I'll give it a good shot. Alcohol isn't ruining my life or anything, I just don't like the cost (Canadian alcohol taxes :eek: ) and calories mostly. I will look up phenibutgod right now, thanks for the tip. I saw one post on reddit by a phenibut user who was starting out at 2g dosage, like WTF? There was another guy who had built up to TEN GRAMS a day, too.

The most I've dosed is 3 grams at one time.. it's pretty fun but such a high dose has some rebound effects. 1/2 gram to 1 gram is now what I stick with. I did a binge of 30 days in a row this summer and had to do tapering and cycling. I used the bromantane on days I didn't take phenibut..also some others that's are good to cycle in on off days are st. Johns wort and long jack extract

The most I've dosed is 3 grams at one time.. it's pretty fun but such a high dose has some rebound effects. 1/2 gram to 1 gram is now what I stick with. I did a binge of 30 days in a row this summer and had to do tapering and cycling. I used the bromantane on days I didn't take phenibut..also some others that's are good to cycle in on off days are st. Johns wort and long jack extract

How long have you been taking Phenibut? Do you order the bromantane from liftmode as well?

Phenibutgod suggests 1g every other day. So I will start with 500mg and then try 1g after I see how it affects me.

I have never heard of long jack extract, I'll look that up.

For 6 months. I utilize different sites. www.liftmode.com for phenibut

www.nootropicsource.com for bromantane and adrafinil and tianeptine

www.powdercity.com for long jack extract. They have amazing prices ,best customer service and quick shipping! 10 grams of long jack for $5. Also they have a lot of bodybuilding supps dirt cheap..beta alanine,creatine,bcaa, d aspartic acid,etc..

So we all heard of Joe Rogan contantly promoting his smart drug, Alpha Male, and Cowboy said it worked for him.
yeah, well Nayt called Cowboy a dumbshit recently, so the jury is still out.

yeah, well Nayt called Cowboy a dumbshit recently, so the jury is still out.
Yeah, jury has been out of the LW dev ever since Cerrone kicked the shit out of him on the ground.

In my opinion the "nootropics" label is a bit misleading. They're drugs, which is fine by me. But the idea that any of them really improve cognition or whatever over the long term is not proven and most, possibly all, of them actually worsen it. Modafinil I like for certain situations - I used to play a lot of online poker and that shit can keep you on the ball well into the small hours. But apparent improvement focus and concentration goes away after a while and it's just another stimulant with side effects. I found my jaw joint suffered badly - I wasn't grinding my teeth but sort of cocking my jaw all the time and it fucking hurt. I keep a strip in the car for tired-driving situations and it's perfect for this.

Phenibut just gave me chronic gut ache and didn't really do much - I could feel something but I wouldn't say it was positive.

Anything that alters your brain chemistry will have side effects and rebound effects as your brain's homeostatic abilities are legendary. You change one thing and a hundred others are altered and the brain notices and tries to correct. I'm yet to be convinced you can do any better than a natural, well-rested brain.

this whole conversation is very eye opening for me. that's not judgement on my part. i genuinely had no idea about this stuff.

also, bromantane looks like bro man tan which makes me think of some idiots i used to see around in college which makes me laugh.

oh, i do have a question. so would these work well as a study aid also? i don't have anxiety, but i am not one that likes to sit down for long. however, it would be nice sometimes when i want to learn something, like say a new language or something like that. so would something like bromantane be good for that as well as a good pre-workout?

Last edited:
Back