Noob question regarding Steam and Updating

StabbyMcHatchet

Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter
@Brown
Reaction score
If I have a game downloaded and they put out patches, with they automatically download or do I have to go onto steam and manually DL them?

Thanks

They will download automatically unless you chose to disable it by going to the games properties and changing the setting in the updates tab.
upload_2017-2-18_20-22-59.png
By default it will not download games in the background while you're playing a game though, you can change that per game on the same tab, or change the global setting under Steam->Settings and going to the downloads tab. You can also choose to limit automatic downloads to certain times of the day in there.

What about activating Keys? I just bought a Founders Membership for Inquisitor Martyr, and NeoCore games sent me an activation key. I can't get the code to work in the Key section on Steam. Sorry for the noobishness.

As long as it's a valid steam key you should be able to just go to games, hit Activate a product on Steam and enter the key there.
If it doesn't work I'd contact the seller.

Oh, never mind. I got the Inquisitor Martyr thing figured out.

Also, holy shit, I'd somehow missed that game. Guess I'm gonna have another action rpg to play. Looks pretty good.

Understand that it is in the FOUNDING stage: Pre-alpha, Pre-beta, etc. THey are using th efanbase to test the game as they develop it. THey have stated flat out that we will be experiencing only about 10% of the game, and it will not always be fun. We are testers. No bitching allowed. Haha.

But I think it is the answer to my prayers for a Diablo-type WH40K game. You going to check it out? If you buy in as a founder you'll have your name in the credits. (No big deal, but kinda cool)

Back