Nonsense matchups

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMO. Can you tell why they chose the following not exciting matches?

Ronaldo Souza vs. Derek Brunson - the rematch. Are they trying to hype Brunson?
Lyoto Machida vs. Eryk Anders - Who is Anders? Are they trying to hype Anders?
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira - Are they trying to hype Cachoeira?
Mark Hunt vs. Curtis Blaydes - why not a match for the fans? Hunt - Arlovski?
Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros - Are they trying to hype Medeiros ?
Sage Northcutt vs. Thibault Gouti - are they trying to protect Sage by giving him the worst guy in the division and/or even pay him to lose? (ironic)

Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira - Are they trying to hype Cachoeira?
If so they failed miserably with that one.

<36>

giphy.gif

I love your nonsense threads cyrus. Never change.

Hunt vs. Blaydes is a good fight to make.

I like Yancy and Cowboy as well.

Of course they are trying to hype Brunson. And they are actually trying to kill Machida.

Priscila Cachoeira was the only one brave/stupid enough to step up to #MyGirl.

It's a new division, I'll give them a pass for the mauling they've just set up with this bout.

Hunt vs. Blaydes is a good fight to make.

I like Yancy and Cowboy as well.

Of course they are trying to hype Brunson. And they are actually trying to kill Machida.

Disagree.

I"m worried about a boring 3 round lay and pray fest from Blaydes.

I think in some cases it's simply a matter of who is healthy and ready to fight? Probably goes something like this:

Jacare's healthy? Great. Who else we got available for January? Umm. Well...(looks through a stack of papers)...we have...Brunson!

Brunson, eh? Hasn't that been done already?

Yes, sir. Jacare won.

Oh, yeah? (he considers)

To hell with it. Let's do it again.

Now who's available in February?

I always thought it was like the back room on TUF. They just ask guys who they wanna fight next, and then go from there whilst throwing the fighters under the bus in the process, and simultaneously trying to make as much money as possible.

For example, when Vitor missed weight and turned down replacement fighters and asked for Bisping. How do we know, because Dana goes live on FS1 after the event and basically throws Vitor under the bus for ducking two different fights that were offered to him, while simultaneously throwing Bisping under the bus by issuing Vitor's call out of Bisping to Bisping on live television. While Bisping had legitimate reasons to not want to take that fight. TUF stuff...

Back