Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a pretty big step up actually. Takam's a very good HW.

Yeah, he's certainly competent and relatively versatile. A real test. Honestly, I'm not too hopeful Parker will show well, but I'm always skeptical of fighters coming from down under and I might well be shown up for my relatively unjustified prejudice.

Yeah, he's certainly competent and relatively versatile. A real test. Honestly, I'm not too hopeful Parker will show well, but I'm always skeptical of fighters coming from down under and I might well be shown up for my relatively unjustified prejudice.
I'm picking against Parker, though, granted, I've seen very little of him. I have to support my fellow frenchman here, Takam's gonna out hustle and outmuscle him IMO.

funny that you don't trust New Zealanders, any other nations you inherently distrust?

I'm picking against Parker, though, granted, I've seen very little of him. I have to support my fellow frenchman here, Takam's gonna out hustle and outmuscle him IMO.

funny that you don't trust New Zealanders, any other nations you inherently distrust?

It's not that I always distrust the hype of New Zealanders or Australians, it's that I find it hard to take them seriously until they've stepped up in class outside of their local fight scenes. Parker has looked half decent so far, but not against great opposition.

"According to multiple sources, a long-awaited rematch between former world champions Victor Ortiz and Andre Berto is currently in the works for April 30. In their first encounter, which won Fight of the Year honors back in 2011, Ortiz was awarded the unanimous decision victory after 12 action-packed rounds that saw both fighters trade multiple knockdowns, four total, over the course of the fight."

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article23647.html

"long awaited"
Well, I was until it got cancelled. Maybe the rematch will be as good as the first. The only thing on the line now is pride.

According to his social media it looks like Matthysse is done with boxing. He said he's tired and unmotivated and isn't sure if he wants to continue his career even though he has a fight scheduled.

Kind of disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised at all. He never seemed to get any better at anything. Like he fell in love with his power and refused to evolve as a fighter. In some ways he seemed to get worse actually. Was a blast watching him fight when he went all out and pretty frustrating when he got confused in the ring and just seemed to give up. At least he's getting out with his health and brain intact.

Like he fell in love with his power and refused to evolve as a fighter. In some ways he seemed to get worse actually.
Sounds like Keith Thurman. I was hoping Lucas would bounce back and maybe provide a good test for Terrence Crawford.

Don't be shocked if he changes his mind in a month.

According to his social media it looks like Matthysse is done with boxing. He said he's tired and unmotivated and isn't sure if he wants to continue his career even though he has a fight scheduled.

Kind of disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised at all. He never seemed to get any better at anything. Like he fell in love with his power and refused to evolve as a fighter. In some ways he seemed to get worse actually. Was a blast watching him fight when he went all out and pretty frustrating when he got confused in the ring and just seemed to give up. At least he's getting out with his health and brain intact.
He seemed to be on a decline. I'm not saying Postol is a bad fighter or anything but Matthysse didn't look as motivated in that fight as he did vs Garcia.I believe him and admire his willingness to admit he doesn't have it anymore as opposed to becoming a stepping stone for paydays.

Retirement isn't that surprising considering the damage he's taken since the Garcia fight. He took some damage in the Molina fight and with Ruslan too.

He seemed to be on a decline. I'm not saying Postol is a bad fighter or anything but Matthysse didn't look as motivated in that fight as he did vs Garcia.I believe him and admire his willingness to admit he doesn't have it anymore as opposed to becoming a stepping stone for paydays.

Agreed. I think losing to Garcia messed with his head and all he wanted was a rematch which he didn't and won't ever get so he became disinterested in fighting. An unmotivated Lucas can beat a lot of average guys but probably not anyone significant. Time to call it a day I think.

What was the username of that midget with clown feet who posted a pic of himself at Disneyland in here a couple of years ago?

What was the username of that midget with clown feet who posted a pic of himself at Disneyland in here a couple of years ago?
Sunfish I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back