Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
By Jose Antonio Soriano, notifight.com

The international super featherweight champion and world ranked WBO world ranked number one challenger, Francisco "Bandido" Vargas, that his next fight could come against the 130-pound world champion of the World Boxing Council, Takashi Miura of Japan, on a date and location to be determined.

"October and November are the months that are being looked at. We're just missing the date of when we're going for the WBC super featherweight world title with Miura," he said.

Golden Boy Promotions are working out the details. There have been rumors of the fight taking place on the undercard of Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez, which is expected to take place in Las Vegas.

Golden Boy Promotions is working out the details of the fight, it could be in Las Vegas. I am doing some light training, because I have not yet confirmed the fight, and when we have confirmation I will train harder, planning a strategy and work a game plan."

Vargas has a lot of respect for the quality of Miura (29-2-2, 22 KOs).

"He's a strong fighter. From the southpaw stance, his punch is powerful. The hardest thing about him is his southpaw stance. I've faced three fighters from the stance, and the most recognized of them was Juan Manuel Lopez. We should have the fight in Las Vegas, which is neutral territory.
http://www.boxingscene.com/francisco-vargas-eyes-takashi-miura-fall-title-clash--93186

:icon_twis Delicious violence.

By Miguel Rivera

The anticipated rematch between Roman 'Rocky' Martinez of Puerto Rico and Mexico's Orlando "Siri" Salido will not take place on August 29th as originally planned. It is not being shifted to September 19 at a location to be designated in the United States, according to Salido's manager Sean Gibbons.

"We're finding the date of September 19 is the most viable, it is more than likely [taking place] in the United States, probably in California," Gibbons told ESPN Deportes.

Martinez (29-2-2, 17 KO) and Salido (42-13-2, 29 KO) have not fought since trading punches with each other on April 11, when 'Rocky' fought through a war to win a twelve round decision and snatched away Salido's WBO super featherweight world championship in the process.

Gibbons would not reveal if Martinez-Salido was going to be placed as the co-feature to another televised fight.
Courtesy of Bscene.

Salido gets his belt back, then takes on Vargas in a unification fight.

Nietes- 108
Rodriguez- 108

Looks like early tomorrow morning US time.

Mosley embarrasses Mayorga, then fights Floyd Mayweather in his final fight. They could promote it as the only guy to ever hurt Floyd in the ring.

Floyd's been hurt in other fights.

ap-mayweather-maidana-boxing_001.jpg

^ That wasn't the punch that really hurt him.

Floyd shook the first off, but that punch actually hurt him. It took him a good 10-20 to deal with it and then he backed Corley up and beat the shit out of him. That's why Mayweather was always a hard sell to beat in my mind. Above average chin coupled with an extremely calm and collected mind with exceptional recovery. That's a nightmare to stop. Good music with the trouble of reading my ramblings.

Abraham just won vs Stieglitz in the 6th round. Knocked him down and the cornerman waved the towel.

Not news, but saw Southpaw yesterday. Movie hits ya in the feels quite often but I thought it was very good.

Viloria beat Omar Soto last night. Looked good. Says he wants Chocolatito and that Chocolatito has been ducking him. Not sure that I buy the ducking part, but that would be good fight, especially if they're trying to build up Roman's name. Plus, Viloria is just so inconsistent (and I don't use that term lightly), at his best, I think he'd give Chocolatito a good fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Czd8-jhoP4

From Carson Jones' facebook:

Just weighed in half a pound under at 157.6 brian rose missed weight by a pound at 159.0 so he losing it now while I'm bout to grub. Lol

James Toney is fighting tomorrow

His last fight was a loss 2 years ago against a guy who is 23-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back