Non steroid alternatives. | Page 9

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Phlog, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    ...and there are people who areadly work hard but are pushing 40 so can use a little help like some of the guys in this thread.

Frode Falch, JohnnyTowers and Phlog like this.
  2. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog

Exactly Contempt, @JohnnyTowers, I don't know if you read the posts in this thread. Like I've said I train 6 days a week body permitting, hours at a time. I put in more work than anyone I know outside a PT friend who works out for a job.

It ain't about hard work or not. It's more that a little something can allow the recovery to be able to work hard.

JohnnyTowers likes this.
  3. JohnnyTowers Brown Belt

JohnnyTowers
    ok

Phlog likes this.
  4. JohnnyTowers Brown Belt

JohnnyTowers

Sure, why not.

Phlog likes this.
  5. Robocok Green Belt

Robocok
    It sounds nice, but what if it shrinks your balls and you can't get it up anymore after you stop taking? Plus, I heard of so many guys dying from heart failure on steroids. It just doesn't seem worth it.

I know you guys are talking about smaller doses than bodybuilders and SARMS are supposed to be a mild version, but still seems like playing with fire.

Phlog likes this.
  6. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Yeah. A lot of research was had before starting because of those exact worries.

There is no reported associated permanent loss of sex drive.

With the heart it's a matter of understanding the mechanism of said failures. All the best answers I could find were that rapid growth of the heart can cause weaknesses which lead to failure in those extreme cases.

I have drunk alcohol in the past, too much can kill you, less won't, I don't see it being much different. I certainly wouldn't do more powerful PEDs because of the risk but even so, you have to remember they were doing aaaaallllll the steroids, HGH etc during times where the effects were poorly understood. TRT is a good example of where we've come, that low doses of t are seen as harmless enough, heart wise, to give to old men.

But at the end of the day you take your chances and I sure hope it falls in my favour. I wish to remain active, muscle and fitness correlate with longevity so I have reason to believe I may be improving my quality of life and maybe even duration.

I'll keep you posted..

Frode Falch and Robocok like this.
  7. Gnosisrausch White Belt

Gnosisrausch
    It's interesting that sleeping a lot is often mentioned, not only in threads such as this one, but also by a lot of athletes. Personally, my experience is very different: My physical fitness is at its peak when I sleep 4-6.5 hours and my sex drive is also at its highest when I don't sleep that much (my mental fitness needs more sleep, though). I sort of feel "mellowed out" when I sleep longer while I feel like an animal if I exercise a lot and then don't sleep that much.

8. Frode Falch Professional Fighter

Frode Falch
  9. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    2/3 through second course. Have a massive cold atm, lifts been going up, weight stable.

Now football season over here has started in ernest patella tendinitis has flared up, shit is fucking annoying. If I could be free of injury I'd be a monster.

Frode Falch likes this.
  10. Swoliosis Brown Belt

Swoliosis
    creatine, more calories and sleep

Phlog likes this.
  11. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Amen to that. I am just finally getting back into it slowly after 6,5 weeks on the shelf because of my elbow. Getting old is really annoying.

12. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Well now my injured left elbow is mostly sorted, I'm getting back into weights and now is a good time to start that second bottle of Ostarine. It's been over a month since the last bottle and no side effects seen but I still wanted that gap to minimise any potential negative effects.

This time I am trying to put on some weight so +500cal per day plus weights. We'll see how it goes and will do a weekly update again.

Phlog likes this.
  13. BassAckwards Brown Belt

BassAckwards
    so is the consensus on osta good? how long do you keep the gains once your off cycle?

14. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    We it's about $150 a bottle where I get it for a 6 week supply and I just bought a second. For what it's worth based on the small sample size in here, people appear to think it's good stuff.

Don't expect huge steroid like effects, packing on 10lb in a month as it won't happen. Lower results but no side effects from what I can see. The first time I used it was for a cut and it worked well. I am now trying it as a bulking agent. Time will tell but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that it is quite effective.

15. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Not had time off yet, waited a month and went again.

Gonna have a break after this lot will advise. Experience so far is nothing but good.

It's £50 a bottle here and I've gained a few pounds a month while losing fat. I'm working out 5 days a week sometimes twice a day and eating a lot.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  16. Mga223 Gold Belt

Mga223
    From what I read osta should be treated as time on = time off.

Before you start up again.

17. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Really? I didn't see anything like that. Can you remember where roughly you saw that?

18. Mga223 Gold Belt

Mga223
    Usually on every site that talks about them Will say to treat it like other steroids with. Time on (gear + PCT) = time off.

How long did you do it for and at what MG.

Edit: @Phlog you were right, seems like a few years back, people have said 4 weeks is good enough.

19. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    From what I saw that was advice on the early threads, where the consequences were not understood. It was prudent to treat it with the same care as steroids. But after people found it didn't cause shut down or need a pct opinion and practice shifted.

6 weeks 25mg, then near a month off and same again. Will have a few months off after this to assess gain retention etc.

Mga223 likes this.
  20. Mga223 Gold Belt

Mga223
    Yea seems 4-6 is the best time off due to saturation, it's not bad effects that you will get it's that it just won't do much in terms of gains.

How did it go for you?