Non steroid alternatives. | Page 7

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Phlog, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Codger Brown Belt

Codger
    I wish I was experiencing joint health improvement. I cannot say I've noticed anything like that though. In fact I've developed golfers elbow on one arm and tennis elbow on the other and my hip arthritis hasn't improved at all. The elbow pain is my fault really for overdoing the pulling movements. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery so cannot do much pushing - no benching etc, so I've been doing a lot of pulling. I think weighted pullups were a mistake - too much too soon.

Phlog likes this.
  2. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    I guess it depends on what was wrong with your joints. If it's cartilage, I don't think much is going to help. Maybe mine was tendon or ligament?

Shoulder surgery is really frustrating but it's best to let it heal properly, I'd know 2 x on right and 1 x on left.

My only worry now is with Ostarine, The fat is coming off, including stubborn fat that just would not seem to go, no matter what I did previously. What if I have baggy skin afterwards? I didn't have a lot of fat to start with 14-15% BF but there's no point having abs if you have gross skin flapping over them. Stupid dropping skin elasticity as you age :-(

3. Codger Brown Belt

Codger
    I'd be amazed if you had baggy ski n at that BF percentage.

4. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Hopefully not, just paranoid. Baggy skin is gross as fuck. The only spot I have much fat is actually on my love handles/lower back, it's weird, I've never had a gut.

5. dat1978 Purple Belt

dat1978
    Yeah, baggy skin is usually with pretty obese people that drop A LOT of weight very quickly.

6. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    I bet them girls love hanging on for the ride.........;)

7. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    Forgot to say that my broken hand healed well and fast. The bone doc was impressed.

I was pushing heavy in 2.5 weeks and lifting heavy in 5. 2 months on its like it never happened.

8. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Ostarine with 25mg daily - week 4 report.

Similar to last weeks report:
    - New years parties totally fucked up any consistent result. Too much food and booze.
    - Weight down by only 1kg since start but scale says muscle mass up by 1kg(2.2lb) on mostly a deficit... minus christmas / new years of course.
    - Still no real sides effects. Sex drive down slightly.
    - Most lifts are up, am pumping out heaps of quality pushups
    - Electric scale showing body fat and muscle mass are up but a simple pinch test and visual in the mirror confirms that body fat is definitely down despite recent partying. More veins are becoming visible with lower body fat.
    - Knees still good.

The results are definitely visible but would be much better if not for Christmas / New Years partying. Planning on finishing off bottle over the next two weeks as there appears to be no test suppression / shutdown as I feel great.

Phlog likes this.
  9. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Ostarine with 25mg daily - week 5 report.

So, pretty much the same as last week.

-Weight so far is down about 2kg (4.4lb) (bear in mind I was not fat to start with)
    -Scales say that I am up about a kg (2.2lb) in muscle mass but on a caloric deficit I don't know how that would work.
    -Electric scales keep saying that my body fat is going up not down despite pinch test and visual showing that is utter crap and I am seeing a lot of veins that were not visible previously.
    -No real side effects at all so far that I can see.
    -I haven't been doing any exercise in the last 4 days as I managed to hyper extend my left elbow at work and letting it heal. Even running seems to jar it which sucks. :-(
    -Knees still good.

Plan is to finish off the bottle, wait a month and sit at maintenance at around 2500cal a day and then get another bottle and do the same again. It's expensive but appears to be really good shit.

10. Robocok Green Belt

Robocok
    Do you think that the fact that there doesn't seem to be suppression could be due to you still being on cycle?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  11. dat1978 Purple Belt

dat1978
    From what I've read people will feel the effects toward the end of the cycle if on for 8 weeks.

Robocok likes this.
  12. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    It's possible but from what I have read up on it, it's only mildly suppressive at worst and test should quickly return to normal after use is discontinued.

Robocok likes this.
  13. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Oh well, it's good that I only had a 6 week supply then I guess.

14. Midnighter Black Belt

Midnighter
    Girls have cooties.

Please don't be disgusting.

15. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Damn... if girls have cooties then by now I must be infested with them. Why did no-one ever tell me about this? Oh the horror!!!

16. Bekim Blue Belt

Bekim
    One word......

Scabies

17. Phlog Black Belt

Phlog
    I experienced nothing of note. The only thing was a slight loss of sex drive while on which bounced back immediately after stopping.

18. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Ewwww, thankfully I've never managed to contract anything like that before. It helps to actually be discerning about what you stick your dick in. Never had an STD, want to keep it that way.

19. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Same but as I just came out of a relationship anyway, slight drop in sex drive is no biggie for me.

Phlog likes this.
  20. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Ostarine with 25mg daily - week 6 report.

Bottle pretty much gone, maybe a day or two left. Much is the same as previous weeks:

-Weight so far is down about 2.5kg (5.5lb) (bear in mind I was not fat to start with)
    -Scales say that I am up about a kg (2.2lb) in muscle mass still while on a caloric deficit.
    -After going all over the bloody place, the electric scales now say 12.5% BF down from 14.5-15%
    -No real side effects at all so far that I can see, maybe slight drop in libido.
    -I haven't been doing any exercise in the last 9 days as I managed to hyper extend my left elbow at work and letting it heal. Just went for my first HIIT sprints on treadmill since injury. Seemed to go fine. Not sure when I'll be able to do weights though.
    -Knees still good.

Summary: according to electronic scales: I'm down 5.5lb up 2.2lb muscle and down 2-2.5% BF in 6 weeks. This was over Christmas and new years and included nearly a week and a half of injury time. During the 6 weeks, I managed to exercise much less than normal and still made progress after being stalled for many months.

Very impressed with Ostarine. I will be taking a month off, going back to maintenance and then going again. I would totally recommend anyone else give it a try if you can find a reputable supplier.

Hopefully the reports have been useful to someone... if not, oh well.