Non steroid alternatives (ostarine mk2866 talk)

By the way, you guys in your 30's and 40's are still young'uns relatively. Hell, I'm over 50 and still expecting to live for a long time. Granted, I was never much into sports so aside from fucky joints, I haven't had to deal with injuries, but it sounds to me like you could go injury free by just dialing back from going 110% to 95. Either way, I wish you good luck and good health.

I, on the other hand, am starting at the bottom and need to work up to being in that kind of shape to begin with. As it stands now I don't work out except in fits and starts but I take the stairs and walk all the time. I'm reasonably healthy, trim, some vascularity and visible muscles, except I look like I swallowed a bowling ball so I need to do something about it, and I'm not as fit as I look. It's embarrassing. Here's where this gets relevant to this thread. The reason I don't work out with any regularity is because I find that it's far too easy to over do it, even doing relatively light exercise, and when I do exercise without overdoing it (judged by whether there's related pain the next day or not) I find I am beat for 2 or 3 days. I don't know the reason. I have a fairly good diet, relatively, nothing found at the doctor's. By the time I'm ready to exercise again, it's like I never did before.

Ostarine looks to be a good solution. The better recovery, fat loss, apparent possible help with joint pain, all sound too good to be true. Phlog, I'm sure you're shaking your head and thinking it's a bad idea for a noob, as I read in one of your earlier posts, but you were talking to a fairly young guy then. My situation is quite different. That said, I'm still open to your advice. I plan to place an order after the holidays so there's time to discuss it if you're of a mind.

By the way, you guys in your 30's and 40's are still young'uns relatively. Hell, I'm over 50 and still expecting to live for a long time. Granted, I was never much into sports so aside from fucky joints, I haven't had to deal with injuries, but it sounds to me like you could go injury free by just dialing back from going 110% to 95. Either way, I wish you good luck and good health.

I, on the other hand, am starting at the bottom and need to work up to being in that kind of shape to begin with. As it stands now I don't work out except in fits and starts but I take the stairs and walk all the time. I'm reasonably healthy, trim, some vascularity and visible muscles, except I look like I swallowed a bowling ball so I need to do something about it, and I'm not as fit as I look. It's embarrassing. Here's where this gets relevant to this thread. The reason I don't work out with any regularity is because I find that it's far too easy to over do it, even doing relatively light exercise, and when I do exercise without overdoing it (judged by whether there's related pain the next day or not) I find I am beat for 2 or 3 days. I don't know the reason. I have a fairly good diet, relatively, nothing found at the doctor's. By the time I'm ready to exercise again, it's like I never did before.

Ostarine looks to be a good solution. The better recovery, fat loss, apparent possible help with joint pain, all sound too good to be true. Phlog, I'm sure you're shaking your head and thinking it's a bad idea for a noob, as I read in one of your earlier posts, but you were talking to a fairly young guy then. My situation is quite different. That said, I'm still open to your advice. I plan to place an order after the holidays so there's time to discuss it if you're of a mind.

Off the top of my head I'd say that it's likely you will be more motivated to, and capable of exercise whilst on. When off however you could easily fall back to usual habits. As such you're kinda deciding to use something often.

Hopefully you can step change. I think gradual change is more sustainable.

Only you can speak to your motivation. I'd do a lot of reading first. I accepted risks and got benefits. I'd not do it now because of being in tested competition but if I were seriously injured again I'd consider using it in rehabilitation.

I don't think i can advise on the matter but can speak of my experience.

Off the top of my head I'd say that it's likely you will be more motivated to, and capable of exercise whilst on. When off however you could easily fall back to usual habits. As such you're kinda deciding to use something often.

Hopefully you can step change. I think gradual change is more sustainable.

Only you can speak to your motivation. I'd do a lot of reading first. I accepted risks and got benefits. I'd not do it now because of being in tested competition but if I were seriously injured again I'd consider using it in rehabilitation.

I don't think i can advise on the matter but can speak of my experience.
Fair enough. My hope is that it will help me get over the hump of establishing a routine and then I hope to keep it going after it runs out.

I'd done a fair bit of reading on the topic already before coming to this thread, but this helped solidify a lot of info. Here's an open question, though, any info on minimum effective dose? The one thing that this thread has left me wondering is how it would go if one were to take it for longer but at, let's say, half strength (compared to 1ml or 25mg).

I think it's probably a safer bet to maintain a similar protocol to the majority of users. I don't know of any data regarding low dose.

Finding ones own sweet spot is good, can take 2 weeks to feel full effects it seems.

Anyone mention Mucuna Pruriens.
This is a legit TRT boosting herb. Helps moods and HGH as well.

Bacne and chest acne may result(which further proves effectiveness). Definitely helps with fat loss.

What is that you think a lifetime of sports is affecting most? It's joints.
Aside from that, I presumed ligament/cartilage/muscle tear issues, various RSI and what not, disclocations, any number of things I have no idea about, really. But OK.

Last edited:
Anyone mention Mucuna Pruriens.
This is a legit TRT boosting herb. Helps moods and HGH as well.

Bacne and chest acne may result(which further proves effectiveness). Definitely helps with fat loss.

When I don't shower after work before bed I get acne on my back and chest. Is this proof showering ig a performance enhancer effecting my hormones?

When I don't shower after work before bed I get acne on my back and chest. Is this proof showering ig a performance enhancer effecting my hormones?

Obviously not. When you keep regiment constant and only variable that changes is your supplement intake you can make that conclusion. Seems obvious enough.

Fair enough. My hope is that it will help me get over the hump of establishing a routine and then I hope to keep it going after it runs out.

I'd done a fair bit of reading on the topic already before coming to this thread, but this helped solidify a lot of info. Here's an open question, though, any info on minimum effective dose? The one thing that this thread has left me wondering is how it would go if one were to take it for longer but at, let's say, half strength (compared to 1ml or 25mg).

I had a bad experience last time (first time) at 25mg per day (flu-like symptoms, lethargy etc). The research I've seen was for 1mg and 3mg per day with significant results so I'm trying again at a lower dose of around 6-10mg per day (0.25-0.3ml). Will let you know how it goes.

Anyone combined mk2866, Mk677 and LGD4033?

What was your experience?

Tried it for the second time and had to stop. Hard to say if it's the cause but I've never had a positive result. Might give it one more shot since I've got a near-full bottle.

Started to get symptoms of gyno very early stages......... Cut dosage in half for 10 days, symptoms continued, so I stopped.

@Phlog @Contempt did you guys keep your gains after stopping? and do you think 4 weeks is too little time to take off cycle after 8 weeks on?

@Phlog you also said you trained twice a day? how many sets per muscle group did you do per week? double than usual? EG for chest I do 20 sets rn, should I be aiming for 40??

@Phlog @Contempt did you guys keep your gains after stopping? and do you think 4 weeks is too little time to take off cycle after 8 weeks on?

Yeah I didn't really lose anything other than some reps, I do think that 4 weeks is too little if you're planning a few goes at it.

Started to get symptoms of gyno very early stages......... Cut dosage in half for 10 days, symptoms continued, so I stopped.

I'd suggest your bottle might have been something it shouldn't. There is no reason for osta to illicit gyno.

Back