Non steroid alternatives (ostarine mk2866 talk)

Well the forum users here that have used it all appear to be alive still so that's something right?
How's the shoulder? I'm concerned that if I take this then I'll feel comfortable doing heavier weights that my body isn't really ready for and I could get an injury.

What happened when you tore your shoulder? Were you lifting heavy

How's the shoulder? I'm concerned that if I take this then I'll feel comfortable doing heavier weights that my body isn't really ready for and I could get an injury.

What happened when you tore your shoulder? Were you lifting heavy

I'm just an idiot. It's not the Osta that did it as it was six weeks since I had any. I have had three shoulder surgeries already (all torn labrum) I think I have some kind of weird weakness there.

I was doing shoulder presses with 2 x 15kg (33lb) dumbells and it was feeling a bit light as I could do 15 reps easily and there was a pair of 25kg (55lb) handy so I figured fuck it, I'll just use that, first 6 reps good... 7th, not so much :-(

It appears that adding 22lb per dumbell in one go was not a smart move... who'd have thunk it? As I said, I'm an idiot. Already had the MRI and seeing the surgeon on Monday unfortunately.

I'm just an idiot. It's not the Osta that did it as it was six weeks since I had any. I have had three shoulder surgeries already (all torn labrum) I think I have some kind of weird weakness there.

I was doing shoulder presses with 2 x 15kg (33lb) dumbells and it was feeling a bit light as I could do 15 reps easily and there was a pair of 25kg (55lb) handy so I figured fuck it, I'll just use that, first 6 reps good... 7th, not so much :-(

It appears that adding 22lb per dumbell in one go was not a smart move... who'd have thunk it? As I said, I'm an idiot. Already had the MRI and seeing the surgeon on Monday unfortunately.

That's shit news mate. Nail the rehab and stick to a religious program of increment and prehab. Hope to see you back on it by the end of the year.

Thanks but I'll be fine. I was told before my last surgery that I would be looking at a 12 month period till full recovery. Within 3 months I was back to doing 50 pushups.

I'm hoping for a quick surgery as I am going to Europe for a month in three months time. If I can't get in quickly then it will have to be put off till October as I'm not going there with a fucked up arm in a sling... that would suck.

Last edited:
What are you guys doing in terms of how long before using them again? Waiting 2 weeks? 4 weeks? 8 weeks?

I have used liquid with good effects. It's cheaper than capsules.

Most importantly I like to increase the dose by 2-5mg a week as I feel the best response a week after a relative increment. Capsules don't allow for such control over dose.

Will look into tho.

Is that case, you can use powder and weigh the appropriate dosage yourself as well.

That's shit news mate. Nail the rehab and stick to a religious program of increment and prehab. Hope to see you back on it by the end of the year.

Some news, after about 6-7 weeks, I just saw the surgeon and he said that (although the MRI was garbage quality) he couldn't see anything major wrong with the shoulder and to continue what I was doing with some basic rehab and see how it goes and that I could get a cortisone shot if it was too painful.

Literally the next day, I was at the computer and shoulders felt stiff so I did a stretch and *riiiiiiiiip* I immediately thought, oh crap that's not good, that... actually feels a lot better, WTF? It's not 100% pain free but much better than it was previously... NFI what is going on but crossing fingers that this may have sorted out whatever the problem was.

Some news, after about 6-7 weeks, I just saw the surgeon and he said that (although the MRI was garbage quality) he couldn't see anything major wrong with the shoulder and to continue what I was doing with some basic rehab and see how it goes and that I could get a cortisone shot if it was too painful.

Literally the next day, I was at the computer and shoulders felt stiff so I did a stretch and *riiiiiiiiip* I immediately thought, oh crap that's not good, that... actually feels a lot better, WTF? It's not 100% pain free but much better than it was previously... NFI what is going on but crossing fingers that this may have sorted out whatever the problem was.

It's probably, tendons and muscular sheaths that had become a little stuck together, it might have happened as your shoulder repaired itself after the surgery. It can sometimes make it sound like something has gone wrong.

It's probably, tendons and muscular sheaths that had become a little stuck together, it might have happened as your shoulder repaired itself after the surgery. It can sometimes make it sound like something has gone wrong.

That was my first thought, great news anyway. The idea of injury requiring surgery terrifies me. I am self employed so it would wipe me out but more importantly I'd have to say goodbye to the sport I love. I need to start thinking about an exit strategy because I ain't getting any younger.

My last shoulder surgery was 2.5 years ago but it is definitely plausible that this may have happened after a big tear that happened about 6-7 weeks ago. Here's hoping that it will fix itself after today as I'm really missing being able to lift and even HIIT sprints on the treadmill hurt it a lot.

A hell of a wake up call though, scared the shit out of me. I think I'll just take it easy and cut back from lifting too heavy from now on. It's not like I'm a professional athlete and am 9 days away from 38 so it's probably just time to lift for maintenance rather than PB's as it's not like I want to get above 180lb anyway.

That was my first thought, great news anyway. The idea of injury requiring surgery terrifies me. I am self employed so it would wipe me out but more importantly I'd have to say goodbye to the sport I love. I need to start thinking about an exit strategy because I ain't getting any younger.

Yeah, self employed as well but it wouldn't exactly be catastrophic as I typically just chuck on a suit and sit at a desk. Yet another surgery is definitely not something I want to happen. I have already had to give up training MMA due to cumulative injuries but it could always be a lot worse I guess.

I have noticed that my diastolic blood pressure is up a bit. Not worryingly so but it's an area to observe. I'm gonna hit cardio a lot more whilst maintaining to see if that gets sorted.

I have noticed that my diastolic blood pressure is up a bit. Not worryingly so but it's an area to observe. I'm gonna hit cardio a lot more whilst maintaining to see if that gets sorted.
Are you on a cycle currently?

Back