Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - September, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston Texans at +200 is my confident play. This ought to be a pickem.

Cardinals -7.5 at pickem is a solid line versus the Luckless Colts as well.

NY Jets at +640 is worth a few dimes. I know the Jets suck but that line doesn't belong in an NFL game. Ditto for +520 on SF 49ers. They probably won't win but that line is silly. We're 1 game in FFS.

Thoughts?
Damn i'm with you. Houston QB situation worries me, hopefully Savage is benched permanently. But the Bengals had an absolutely dreadful first week too. Houston +230 seems off. +7 -130 seems nice too

Texans(+200ish/ +7) seems like a trap.

The last 5 years that I've followed this trend, it's been money so I'll probably go with it this year.
"Longer QB+Coach relationship usually prevails on short week TNF and wins big"
Dalton and Marvin lewis been together for years against a rookie Qb and an absolutely pathetic O-line.
Dalton 'usually' doesn't show up for primetime games so not confident.

I'll take Dalton @ Home -6.5.

Edit:

.25U

NE's secondary looked bad last week. You expect them to shut down Drew Brees? It's risky

If the line was -7 or -7.5, I would avoid the game. I'm okay with -6.5.

I don't see the Pats starting the season 0-2 and yes the secondary looked bad surprisingly with the addition of Stephen Gilmore but you can see the defence misses Chris Long and Rob Ninkovich. I don't think the Saints defense is good and the Pats are going to put up a lot of points on that defence. Bradford is a pretty good QB but definitely not elite had no problem moving the ball up the field, imagine Brady fired up with the talk of people saying he is on the decline due to being 40.

When I watched the Saints/Vikings game this past week, the Vikings defence make a lot of teams offenses look bad and even though Brees still looked pretty accurate, he doesn't have the weapons around him to keep up with high scoring offenses. They added Ted Ginn Jr to stretch the field but he drops a lot of passes and is definitely not a no. 1 receiver. I think they can't keep up offensively with the pats, if they have a good bounce back game.

Have Texans 6.5 already. Cincy line should get crushed by a pissed off JJ.

That's a good line, Cincy's offensive line looked pretty bad last week even if it was against Baltimore.

I'm playing that game as an over/under and figuring another game to tease it with. I'm probably going to play the under but tease it up to something like 43.5 or 44.5 and under.

Haven't bet baseball for a while.

I never bet the 1.5 RL but taking Indians in today's noon game against the Tigers -1.5 for 0.5u @ -146.
Can't believe they have won 20 games in a row.

Clevinger owns the Tigers and Farmer has never won against the Indians.

I never bet the 1.5 RL but taking Indians in today's noon game against the Tigers -1.5 for 0.5u @ -146.

I'm also on the run line today and the under 5 first five

Took yanks first five rl +155

Yanks ov 2 first five -105

Biding time until NFL this weekend, rolling over the Indians win and taking Stroman and the Jays against the slumping Orioles for 1u @ -112 ML. Jays playing loose and the youngsters are coming through and the Orioles look really lethargic.

Now imagine what your returns would be betting against the Dodgers during their L-streak, considering their opposition was around +200 for every game.

Texans(+200ish/ +7) seems like a trap.

The last 5 years that I've followed this trend, it's been money so I'll probably go with it this year.
"Longer QB+Coach relationship usually prevails on short week TNF and wins big"
Dalton and Marvin lewis been together for years against a rookie Qb and an absolutely pathetic O-line.
Dalton 'usually' doesn't show up for primetime games so not confident.

I'll take Dalton @ Home -6.5.

Edit:

.25U
Totally agree rookie qb on the road on a short week. Against a superior team that had a bad week themselves..fade city not sure i wanna lay 7 though

Now imagine what your returns would be betting against the Dodgers during their L-streak, considering their opposition was around +200 for every game.
12 million

If the line was -7 or -7.5, I would avoid the game. I'm okay with -6.5.

I don't see the Pats starting the season 0-2 and yes the secondary looked bad surprisingly with the addition of Stephen Gilmore but you can see the defence misses Chris Long and Rob Ninkovich. I don't think the Saints defense is good and the Pats are going to put up a lot of points on that defence. Bradford is a pretty good QB but definitely not elite had no problem moving the ball up the field, imagine Brady fired up with the talk of people saying he is on the decline due to being 40.

When I watched the Saints/Vikings game this past week, the Vikings defence make a lot of teams offenses look bad and even though Brees still looked pretty accurate, he doesn't have the weapons around him to keep up with high scoring offenses. They added Ted Ginn Jr to stretch the field but he drops a lot of passes and is definitely not a no. 1 receiver. I think they can't keep up offensively with the pats, if they have a good bounce back game.
right, im pretty positive the pats are going to win this game. but they're laying 6.5 on the road, with a bad defense (i regard them as "bad" until proven otherwise, especially with no pass rush and Hightower potentially sitting out bc of injury), against a HOF quarterback running a team that thrives on their offense. the pats could be up 13 points in the fourth and you can easily get boned by a meaningless touchdown by the saints. there are better spots this week. Pats laying the points is pretty risky imo, especially considering Amendola is out now in addition to Edelman

right, im pretty positive the pats are going to win this game. but they're laying 6.5 on the road, with a bad defense (i regard them as "bad" until proven otherwise, especially with no pass rush and Hightower potentially sitting out bc of injury), against a HOF quarterback running a team that thrives on their offense. the pats could be up 13 points in the fourth and you can easily get boned by a meaningless touchdown by the saints. there are better spots this week. Pats laying the points is pretty risky imo, especially considering Amendola is out now in addition to Edelman

Fair argument, good feedback. I have 1u already placed on NE @ -6.5 and 1u on Detroit @ +3.5 so far.

Fair argument, good feedback. I have 1u already placed on NE @ -6.5 and 1u on Detroit @ +3.5 so far.
The only plays I currently like are the Eagles +5.5 and Broncos ML (id prefer Broncos +3 but I doubt I'll get that). I'd take the Rams at -2.5 or better but don't think I'm willing to pay juice for it. I also think Tennessee is getting a pretty nice number here but I'll have to look into it some more

My official plays for week 2
Titans -1 (3u) love that line
Redskins +3 (2u)
Seahawks/49ers under 42 (2u)
Vikings +6 (1u) just a hunch
Browns +9 (1u)
Colts +7.5 (.5u) hopeing brissett plays
Thinking about going 2.5u on bengals ml tonight to win 1u
Added bengals/panthers ML double (3.5u) to win 3u

Last edited:
Texans +6.5
Jags +1.5
Broncos +2.5
Steelers -5.5
Falcons -2.5
Redskins +3

All to win 1U.

Texans +6.5
Jags +1.5
Broncos +2.5
Steelers -5.5
Falcons -2.5
Redskins +3

All to win 1U.
Haha were against eachother on most picks BOL brotha! At least if one of us gets torched that means the other one killed it!

Added a two team teaser for 1.5u
Bengals/Texans under 45 and Cowboys/Broncos under 49.

Hopefully no points off turnovers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back