Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - September, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Monday Night Football game is one that i originally wanted to pass on, but the more i looked into it, the more I think the Cardinals are worth a shot at +3 at home, albeit a small one. The Cowboys have been a pretty shit team (ATS, that is) for a while now and they continue to be overvalued by the books. I'm just going to keep fading them, as this is probably a lot tougher of a match up than most people think. I'll have 2u on this game in the following ways:

Cardinals +3 (-120) risk: 1.2u
Cardinals ML (+130) risk: 0.29u
Cardinals -3.5 (+195) risk: 0.25u
Chris Johnson o52.5 rushing + receiving yards (-130) risk: 0.26u

Anybody else get spanked by NFL this week?

Im down 1u week 3 pre bet. luckily i hit pats live ML bet at +120
its up to cowboys tommorow
Total +9u for year
Cowboys come through for 2u
Which put me at +1u for the week not counting live betting
Im +11u for the year
Early week 4 picks
Titans -1.5 for (3u) love that line
Redskins +7 (1u)
Colts +13 (1u) thinking of putting more on it. Seahawks should win handily but they are not built to blow teams out. With the offensive line and doug baldwin is injured i think that line has value

NFL picks

Broncos -2.5 for 2 units (loss)
Teaser Rams/Niners under 47.5 and Packers/Bengals under 53.5 for 1.5 units (loss)
Raiders -2.5 (bought half a point) for 1 unit (loss).

I added Raiders/Redskins 2nd half under 26.5 for 1u. (win).

Up in week 1 and 2 but I got spanked in week 3, down 3.5 units for week 3.

Last edited:
Taking the Cubs for 1u @ +104 versus the Cardinals today.

Dallas saved my week put 270 on them at -2.5. Could have been a huge week just missed out On a big 6 team parlay which the raiders decided to f up.

Hard to believe that the Redskins held the Raiders to 128 yards of total offense.

Hard to believe that the Redskins held the Raiders to 128 yards of total offense.

the same redskins that i bet on at home in week one at plus money when they were down by seven in the first quarter.

Anybody betting tonight's Packers /Bears NFL game tonight?

I have a 1u teaser bought max points and added 1 point. Packers/Bears under 51.5 and Bears +14.5.

Bears will probably run the ball a lot and Packers throw a lot short passes. CB Akunamara came back last week for the Bears and see them being able to limit a lot of deep passes and Rodgers doesn't have a lot of time with that O-Line.

Any thoughts?

Anybody betting tonight's Packers /Bears NFL game tonight?

I have a 1u teaser bought max points and added 1 point. Packers/Bears under 51.5 and Bears +14.5.

Bears will probably run the ball a lot and Packers throw a lot short passes. CB Akunamara came back last week for the Bears and see them being able to limit a lot of deep passes and Rodgers doesn't have a lot of time with that O-Line.

Any thoughts?
I like your teaser
I took chicago for +7.5 for 1u out of degeneracy

I'm down with your Titans bet. I got 1.5 units on it.
Sweet lets make that money brotha! I really love the 49ers +7 too i got 5u on it. Long week for them and short week for cards. I wouldnt be suprised if niners win outright

@EzFlyer any pre season bets for NHL division wins or point totals? I'm leaning Montreal and Anaheim under just want a second opinion lol

finally did my first round of capping, still prepping for the season

four division bets and a host of point totals bets.

the four division bets i did are all small relatively. will add to them when i feel more "informed?" and as season progresses:

atlantic: montreal: +330: to win 2.5u
metro: columbus +570: to win 2.5u
central: chicago +305: to win 2.5u
pacific: edmonton: 2u +218

hope the division plays go as well as last year.. went 3-0, as i freerolled SJ's risk during the season. way bigger bets than the above, too.. just not quite as confident this year.

the point totals plays are too numerous to list for me. notable ones:
columbus O96.5 -110: 2.5u
other ones i like but not huge:
col U69.5 +100
min O96.5 -110
vegas U68.5 -110
chi O99.5 -110
nsh O95.5 -110

i think the western conference teams will all accrue a few more points this year (cause they'll beat up on vegas)

just dropped 15 units overall, haha, and i haven't even gotten to player props (c'mon 5d, lemme see 'em!)

I like the packers tonight And think they cover the -7 but not enough for a bet. I took the packers in a teaser at a pick em just think they are a strong home team Rodgers has a dominant record vs the bears and it's a short week road divisional game for the bears. Plus I don't like what I have seen from the bears on the road getting pounded in Tampa. They are pretty limited offensively outside of the rbs.

Sweet lets make that money brotha! I really love the 49ers +7 too i got 5u on it. Long week for them and short week for cards. I wouldnt be suprised if niners win outright

I'm a niners fan and love them this week Arizona is terrible and shouldn't be laying 7 against anyone

Yep you could tell from the start how this was gonna go. Raiders couldn't do anything on offense and for some reason couldn't let on Chris Thompson.

I put this teaser in at good odds

7.5 points
Green Bay pick
Niners +15
Atlanta -2
Baltimore +10
Kansas City pick

Feel good about and as all teasers do looks quite good on paper

1.1u - Davante Adams o54.5 recieving @1.9
1.1u - Zach Miller o34.5 recieving @1.9
2.0u - Jordan Howard o68.5 rushing @1.85
1.1u - Bears +7.5 (Packers) @1.9