Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

You know, it's one thing to make a prediction and be wrong, a fact which I didn't rub into your face (not my style)
Sorry, i had to rub it in your face for being too much of a smug fuck
-Caruana played reasonably conservatively. It was actually Carlsen, as Black, who initially decided to play in a more enterprising manner, choosing the Sicilian, and going for complications. So the exact opposite of your claim. Now eventually Carlen felt some mental fatigue or nerves and didn't go for heavy complications at the critical moment and then offered a draw a few moves later, but initially, it went the opposite of your prediction.
Yes, it doesn't change the fact that Caruana declined a draw with 30 minutes less on the clock and proceed to lose even more time on every other move due to insufficient preparation. In what universe you call that being conservative?
-It's funny when weak players cite a "completely losing position" based on an engine's evaluation without understanding the positional situation or strategy at all. In a very complex board state, Carlsen missed a series of excellent moves that would have led to a big advantage, but even after which there was still PLENTY of work left.
ad hominem as always. Even when they shockingly agreed to a draw, Carlsen had a lot more pleasant position, but at one point in the game he had a winning position which a player of his caliber would definitely be able to convert, and it wasn't some crazy 150 move engine line.

Man, i lurked this forum for a month or so and noticed quite a few times you getting super defensive and taking it as a personal attack when someone dared to disagree with you, so i had to know what i was signing up for by telling you that there might not be enough of value on a draw bet, but it's too late and now it seems like the only way out is to argue with you to the death, as you always do. I don't want none of that, let's go for a quick blitz and leave it at that. As for my elo, i was 2000 when i was a teenager, but in the last 10 years i played this game 5-10 times at max, still for some reason i have a feeling i can whoop your ass, probly cos you strike me as a person who would lie about a few hundred elo points just to brag on the internet lol, maybe i'm wrong tho and you became such a smug because of being good at something. Send me an invitation, otherwise i'm out.

Sorry, i had to rub it in your face for being too much of a smug fuck

Translation from gamma-speak- "I felt butthurt for being exposed as a shit-talking retard who knows nothing about chess while pontificating about it, so even after my prediction failed miserably, I couldn't resist talking more shit to assuage my damaged ego."

I don't mind trash-talk, so long as one admits when they were wrong after the fact. (Which I've done myself on these forums) What I can't stand is someone who trash-talks, is proven to be wrong, and then can't accept responsibility and continues talking shit.

Rubber_duck said:
Yes, it doesn't change the fact that Caruana declined a draw with 30 minutes less on the clock and proceed to lose even more time on every other move due to insufficient preparation. In what universe you call that being conservative?

ad hominem as always. Even when they shockingly agreed to a draw, Carlsen had a lot more pleasant position, but at one point in the game he had a winning position which a player of his caliber would definitely be able to convert, and it wasn't some crazy 150 move engine line.

Again, these comments make it really obvious your chess level is really, really low. You literally have no clue what is going in any of these games.

Rubber_duck said:
I don't want none of that, let's go for a quick blitz and leave it at that. As for my elo, i was 2000 when i was a teenager, but in the last 10 years i played this game 5-10 times at max, still for some reason i have a feeling i can whoop your ass, probly cos you strike me as a person who would lie about a few hundred elo points just to brag on the internet lol, maybe i'm wrong tho and you became such a smug because of being good at something. Send me an invitation, otherwise i'm out.

It would be great if there was an easy way to put money on the line, but I guess I will settle on the loser putting "I'm a shit-talking retard who knows nothing and huffs glue" in his signature for the next 3 months.

Here is my profile on Chess.com; https://www.chess.com/member/laserzorin

We can play 3-minute blitz, first to 10 points. Obviously, no cheating through engines, which is much harder to do in 3 minute blitz (hence why I prefer that format), but still possible.

Do you accept?

Guess Chess is the new 1v1 me on rust map

Still don't know how Fury has not been bet down to -odds. Opened at like +200, I'm on him big at +175 and added more at +145. Wilder is so bad and its a miracle even one of the cans he has fought has not been able to win. If Ortiz was a few years younger and maybe not completely off the juice he probably would have starched him. Even if Fury is still not at a 100% I just don't see anyway he doesn't dismantle him and win a decision or TKO late

Guess Chess is the new 1v1 me on rust map

Still don't know how Fury has not been bet down to -odds. Opened at like +200, I'm on him big at +175 and added more at +145. Wilder is so bad and its a miracle even one of the cans he has fought has not been able to win. If Ortiz was a few years younger and maybe not completely off the juice he probably would have starched him. Even if Fury is still not at a 100% I just don't see anyway he doesn't dismantle him and win a decision or TKO late

Interesting. I was an amateur boxer and my first love was boxing, even before I discovered MMA at the age of 8.

I heavily favor Wilder and am strongly considering betting him, but freely admit I need to watch more fights by both Wilder and Fury.

Fury taking off 2+ years to get fat and snort coke is a big minus and impossible for a boxer to come back from. And Wilder is much better, even technically, than folks give him credit for. Not that his technique needs to be great with his unique combination of length, speed, and skills.

hehe so as i expected you are the type of a guy who would brag on the internet about how good he is while in fact being very mediocre. Why did you lie about you being on the NM level? You think having 2200 overinflated online elo in the most braindead time control mode is the same as having 2200 FIDE in classical chess? You clearly know that you're not even remotely close, but still you decided to pretend to be a NM for no fucking reason other than to pump your ego. The thing is no one here would even be able to tell the difference between candidate(which you are, weak one) and NM, so you specifically lied to yourself, you little pathetic weasel.

We can play 3-minute blitz, first to 10 points.
Are you fucking out of your mind or what? I'm not gonna spend 1h+ on you. We play untill someone scores. Also, i don't know exactly how this site works, i sent you a challenge, but couldn't choose time control. https://www.chess.com/member/gluehuffingretard invite me for a 3+0 match

Last edited:
hehe so as i expected you are the type of a guy who would brag on the internet about how good he is while in fact being very mediocre. Why did you lie about you being on the NM level? You think having 2200 overinflated online elo in the most braindead time control mode is the same as having 2200 FIDE in classical chess? You clearly know that you're not even remotely close, but still you decided to pretend to be a NM for no fucking reason other than to pump your ego. The thing is no one here would even be able to tell the difference between candidate(which you are, weak one) and NM, so you specifically lied to yourself, you little pathetic weasel.

Me being 2200 Elo has nothing to do with my online blitz rating, retard. It is comical the straws that butthurt morons will grasp at, and the narratives they craft out of it. You're probably talking about my USCF rating being listed as 2029 there. Know why that is? Because that was my rating back in 2010, when I first signed up to the site. It's changed since then.

Rubber_duck said:
Are you fucking out of your mind or what? I'm not gonna spend 1h+ on you.

You've easily spent that much time on me already, between reading this topic, writing your embarrassing posts, and editing them. Although I'm pretty sure I can get to 10 before an hour even on 3 0 control.

You also didn't state whether you agree to the signature bet, speaking of being a little pathetic weasel.

Rubber_duck said:
We play untill someone scores. https://www.chess.com/member/gluehuffingretard invite me for a 3+0 match

Fine, we can play first one to 3, although I feel like that won't be enough humiliation for you. As for challenges, you have to be online at the same time as me.

Me being 2200 Elo has nothing to do with my online blitz rating, retard. It is comical the straws that butthurt morons will grasp at, and the narratives they craft out of it. You're probably talking about my USCF rating being listed as 2029 there. Know why that is? Because that was my rating back in 2010, when I first signed up to the site. It's changed since then.
Dingdong, i can see your previous matches, stop bullshiting people, you're candidate at best.

You also didn't state whether you agree to the signature bet, speaking of being a little pathetic weasel.
Nah, you play worse than i did being 16yo, but i can easily blunder something because of 10 year rust, so i'm not gonna accept such high stakes.

I can't catch you online, tell me exact time when you will be ready go at it

Bit of value on Lazio double chance at evens, 1-0 down with half hour to go against Cypriot minnows Apollon. All over them like a rash.

6/1 to win.

Idk who's all into basketball betting, but I like the options tonight

Warriors sitting at +300 against Toronto. Obviously plagued by injuries but Thompson and Durant have been successfully carrying the past few games. Definitely worth a small play, or +9 on the spread

Pacers are a mid-sized dog against the Lakers. They're on a back-to-back, but looked pretty good their past couple games without Oladipo. Lakers coming off a horrible loss to Denver. Rondo still out, Ball questionable. Love betting against a juiced Lakers line here. Lakers have struggled a bit against low-ranked teams even in recent wins, +5 looks pretty nice

Clippers are only a small favorite against Sacramento. It's like it hasn't set in that they're #1 in the west right now. Kings haven't beaten the Clippers at home since 2013. I actually want to bet Sacramento, they're my team and I hate the Clippers, but this line looks really off.

I was on the Colts. No sweat whatsoever. Should have PMed me, i would have given it to you for free
Fuuuuuuck. All good homie. Glad your bet paid off. Hope school is going well for ya. We miss you in these parts.

Fuuuuuuck. All good homie. Glad your bet paid off. Hope school is going well for ya. We miss you in these parts.
Thanks man. Did you see my parlay in the NBA thread? I really like it, thinking of adding a fourth unit

got a couple of offers for uk players:

everton to beat spurs 25/1
spurs to beat everton 20/1

you can get both offers and then freeroll by backing the draw.

Last edited:
Canada -2 first period @-116 i dont feel like Denmark is going to fare well

Maxing Bama for 5u at -5.5 +100. I’ve watched every single Bama game this year and 9 of Clemson’s games. I don’t see this being as close as that spread implies it will be, and was considering giving as much as 7 points at a better line, but the LSU-UCF 2nd half antics have me a little shaded out (I’m not saying it was rigged so LSU wouldn’t cover the 7 point spread, but I’m also not 100% sure it wasn’t).

Bama has Clemson outmatched in every phase of the game and Saban is superior to Dabo as a coach. I don’t see Clemson’s O-Line being able to open holes for Travis against the Bama D-Line, I don’t see Clemson’s receivers having the physicality to compete with Bama’s secondary, and I don’t think Trevor Lawrence has any idea what he’s in for. Bama pressures him early and often and forces bad decisions and turnovers. Tua comes out slinging and Bama jumps to an early lead, then the running game takes over with Bama’s big backs and puts the nail in the coffin.

Thoughts on wild card weekend?

I like Indy ML and Bears ML

Back