Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PSA regarding NFL betting:

Before making a bet on the NFL, think about which side you would take in a teaser. That USUALLY points to the right team to wager on ATS. For instance:

We had the Rams -2 against the Seahawks. A teaser would take the Seahawks to +8 while the teaser would make the Rams +4. I think we are all in agreement that the Seahawks +8 is more appealing out of the two possibilities. With that being said, Seahawks +2 was the correct side in today's game, even if the Rams had scored the touchdown at the very end

i'm having a terrible day so i'm in on the texans as well to distract me from existential angst.

I took a peek at next week's NFL lines and there's one that looks SOOOO tasty. Everyone in the thread better dub me as the GOAT if that play ends up hitting. Probably gonna be the biggest bet of the season for me so far

Week 5 of NFL
Not to crazy about a lot of the games
Bucs +6 (1u) win
Dallas -2 (2u) loss
Chargers +3.5 (2u) win
Ravens +2.5 +3 (2u) win
Dolphins +3 (1u) win
Lions -3 (1u) loss
Jags +8.5 (1u) win
Chiefs -1(2u) win
+6u for the day good week
+18u YTD

At williamhill, special odds for WWE event tonight.
Jinder Mahal to win, Rousey Ronda, Becky Lynch and Paige not to make a ring appearance @ 2.37.
12u on that, BIG confidence, great odds.

Hit like a motherfucker! Great win

KC is slightly overrated. Texans are a quality team, KC shouldn't be a road favorite imo. Also, KC on short rest

dont know if kc is overrated and the game was much closer than the final score. texans are quality even after losing two of thier best defensive players.

dont know if kc is overrated and the game was much closer than the final score. texans are quality even after losing two of thier best defensive players.
Game wasnt as close as score indicated texans scored garbage td game was nowhere ever even close to being in jeopardy. I guess you would have to define overrated? Are they going to win the superbowl? Prolly not. But they are the best team in football at the moment they are solid everywhere and really good in other places including special teams. With a solid head coach and a underrated qb who simply does not turnover the ball. I think if you get chiefs at evens in the future thats the right side until further notice. Yes texans are solid but they simply were outmatched against this chiefs team

@EzFlyer any hockey picks today?

i'll let ya know :)

prolly won't make any bets until 5 pm et or so today when i catch up on news, but my first instinct is no, unless i find out some info

after a nice ufc saturday hit on the bengals ml and over in the packers cowboys game. Tonight im liking bears +3.5 and maybe some afternoon baseball.

Game wasnt as close as score indicated texans scored garbage td game was nowhere ever even close to being in jeopardy. I guess you would have to define overrated? Are they going to win the superbowl? Prolly not. But they are the best team in football at the moment they are solid everywhere and really good in other places including special teams. With a solid head coach and a underrated qb who simply does not turnover the ball. I think if you get chiefs at evens in the future thats the right side until further notice. Yes texans are solid but they simply were outmatched against this chiefs team
They were the right side yesterday but I still don't buy them as the top dog in the league. Houston lost two of the best defensive players yesterday and the beginning of the game snow balled early. Bad bet on my end

They were the right side yesterday but I still don't buy them as the top dog in the league. Houston lost two of the best defensive players yesterday and the beginning of the game snow balled early. Bad bet on my end
Ya the seasons still early a lot of things can change

i think that you are being too hard on yourself. if they did not lose watt and mercilus game could have been completely different

ok, goddamnit, should've done that +170 colorado! lmao. knew it. i swear i prolly would've done at least a half unit if i wasn't stupidly concerned with keeping my 8-0 record! haha.

i DO have a bet :)

edmonton's line came down 25+ points and it's now bettable IMO! -148, 1.48u.

if chicago was playing crawford i would've taken them at +145, too (even tho i'm a believer in tor's offense etc) -- i still think they are maybe worth a half unit or so, but only "official" bet for me is edmonton

let's make it 9-0, boys!

Had a lot of bad luck yesterday.

I don’t think it’s a bad bet at all, the chiefs touchdown at the end of the first half was s killer and so was the punt return.

Had a lot of bad luck yesterday.

I don’t think it’s a bad bet at all, the chiefs touchdown at the end of the first half was s killer and so was the punt return.
its always a bad bet when it loses ;)

after sleeping on it, i kinda agree a bit more with you. the chiefs were extremely good on third and long yesterday. you cant expect that kind of success on long third down conversions. i want to keep fading them every week because theyre getting inflated lines but i dont like losing money. i can almost guarantee that they lose on the first week that i bet on them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back