Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood not pitching since sept 26 is worrying. Also not confident in arrieta, who has battled injuries all season.

Keuchel vs Tanaka should be a great game. Both guys have been on fire lately. Second time around in series batters are seeing them.

Tough games to bet

Under 4 first five looks good for the early game

Dodgers have their mojo back. Hard to bet against them right now even if wood has pitched in 3 weeks

Might play the over first five in the late game. 5 runs might be too much to give though. The playoffs are just a different ballgame. Really have to pay attention to bullpens cause starters could get yanked at any moment

Money Lines are basically Pickems

I have not had great success playing team totals and over unders the last week and half. May just have to pick a side.

Leaning dodgers

And possibly Yankees. They really have some good momentum going at home.

Weather tonight is good for scoring in both stadiums

Last edited:
Wood is going to get hammered tonight go all in on the Cubs.

Got a couple soccer bets.

Brazil Serie A
Vasco da Gama 2 units @ 3.1
Cruzeiro 1 unit at 2.4

Peru Primera
Melgar Double Chance 5 units @ 2.

Wood is going to get hammered tonight go all in on the Cubs.
I thought this could be a possibility but who have the cubs really hammered lately?

And the dodgers could just pull him early if he doesn’t have command and plug ryu in.

Cubs should win tonight but not betting that game because starters are pulled a lot quicker in the playoffs and the Cubs bullpen has been really bad and Dodgers manager Dave Roberts doesn't let up. He brought in Kenley Jensen up 6-1 with 2 runners on that's how tight he is managing.

Yankees are a lot better hitting team at home. Keuchel and Tanaka have been really good.

Taking Yankees/Astros under 7.5 for 0.5u @ even odds.

Im not talking about baseball bc i dont want to jinx anything.
Hit on rockets +9 yesterday for 1u forgot to post it though
Im on spurs -1.5 tonight for 1u

You think the Spurs can pull it off at home without Kawhi Leonard?

The Twolves blew the most big leads last year because they were young and inexperienced but added some good vets this year to change that trend.

Going to keep a close eye on that game. Could go either way.

Smh, Leafs/Capitals tied 0-0 after two periods lol.

yea worst result for our two bets, wasn't a good night here, either. (but flyers lookin great, so that's good!)

Big fricken day. NBA, NHL, MLB, Footie action.

Pre-Halloween special and NBA season opener means that today and today only, I'll be providing a couple razor $harp plays. By now it should be clear that I am Sherdog's premier NBA handicapper. This is my specialty and I excel at this sport above all others.

Take these 2 plays to the bank and you'll be accused of robbing the joint. My picks are literally highway robbery and the bookies hate me for it.

Cavaliers -3.5 -107 3 Units
Kyrie Irving Prop Bet U27.5 Points +110 5 Units

I have a $5000 dollar "beat the Barry" challenge offer. My 5k to yours says that you can't outpick me!
As they say put up or shut up!
#Barryisabeast

- Barry

Lord almighty, if I told you how many times I've gotten screwed by the hook you'd think it's not even feasible. .5 from winning both bets and being up huge. Still a winning day up a solid 2.7U. If you're betting $100 a unit then I just made you an easy $270 dollars.
If you think there's a secret formula to being a top notch handicapper, think again. This stuff is a grind day in day out + you need an incredible work ethic and motivation before the dollars start rolling in. #GrowingGreen

- Barry

yea worst result for our two bets, wasn't a good night here, either. (but flyers lookin great, so that's good!)

It was really weird, a goal was almost scored in the first minute of play and then things went silent for the next two periods. Oh well.

I'm on the under

Cubs should win tonight but not betting that game because starters are pulled a lot quicker in the playoffs and the Cubs bullpen has been really bad and Dodgers manager Dave Roberts doesn't let up. He brought in Kenley Jensen up 6-1 with 2 runners on that's how tight he is managing.

Yankees are a lot better hitting team at home. Keuchel and Tanaka have been really good.

Taking Yankees/Astros under 7.5 for 0.5u @ even odds.

First game hit. 10-2 in MLB playoffs this year.

Taking Dodgers ML @-116 for 1u. If Cubs win, Arrieta is going to have go very deep into the game with the Cubs bullpen being terrible and being spent. Also Dave Roberts (Dodgers manager) is not going to give a game away to have the Dodgers close out the series in Los Angeles, I think he would prefer to close out the series and have his players have some extra rest before the World Series.

First game hit. 10-2 in MLB playoffs this year.

Taking Dodgers ML @-116 for 1u. If Cubs win, Arrieta is going to have go very deep into the game with the Cubs bullpen being terrible and being spent. Also Dave Roberts (Dodgers manager) is not going to give a game away to have the Dodgers close out the series in Los Angeles, I think he would prefer to close out the series and have his players have some extra rest before the World Series.

I would say this is a good analysis. I can see wood struggling but don’t think Roberts will leave him out to dry. Cubs haven’t been scoring much anyway in these playoffs

I like the dodgers and the under 9.5

Very surprised yankees took all three games in New York. Going to be tough for Houston to win two in a row with severino pitching. They will likely counter him with verlander.

Man dodgers line really got steamed since the yanks game ended. Up to -127

That’s annoying. More money also came in on the under.

Should have bet earlier

Man dodgers line really got steamed since the yanks game ended. Up to -127

That’s annoying

I placed that Dodgers bet 10-15 minutes ago and posted my bet right after Yankees game, I rechecked my site and it shot to -127 5 minutes later. Must be a lot of people chasing Astros loss.

I would say this is a good analysis. I can see wood struggling but don’t think Roberts will leave him out to dry. Cubs haven’t been scoring much anyway in these playoffs

I like the dodgers and the under 9.5

Very surprised yankees took all three games in New York. Going to be tough for Houston to win two in a row with severino pitching. They will likely counter him with verlander.

Bad time for Astros bats to go cold and Judge to wake up. To be honest in hindsight, Indians have better pitchers, especially with nasty offspeed stuff down and away which gives Judge a lot of problems but Astros pitchers aren't as good and throw a lot more fastballs which Judge handles a lot better.

I mentioned before the series too, Yankees bullpen is the great equalizer.

Bad time for Astros bats to go cold and Judge to wake up. To be honest in hindsight, Indians have better pitchers, especially with nasty offspeed stuff down and away which gives Judge a lot of problems but Astros pitchers aren't as good and throw a lot more fastballs which Judge handles a lot better.
Indians definitely have the better pitching. Same thing might happen in this series.

I bet the stros to win the alcs and I am definitely concerned.

Hinch might have cost him this series with some of these pitching changes he’s made

Indians definitely have the better pitching. Same thing might happen in this series.

I bet the stros to win the alcs and I am definitely concerned.

Hinch might have cost him this series with some of these pitching changes he’s made

I see a lot of people blaming Hinch and I think it's unfair. He got 6 innings out of McCullers in game 4 (more than most were expecting), a guy who struggles more and more each time through the lineup. He still managed to take a 4-2 lead into the 8th inning and his closer imploded. I guess you could question not starting the 8th with Giles, but I'm honestly not sure it would have mattered. He looked lost out there. Tonight, and in game 3, the offense did nothing so his pitching changes were irrelevant.

The Astros have not hit at all in this series so far and they have no one in their bullpen who can be trusted right now. That said, they have Verlander going for game 6. If he can even come close to how well he pitched in game 2, they obviously have a good shot to win the game. And if it gets to game 7, anything can happen.

But, the Yankees have Severino going and Sabathia ready for game 7, while the Astros don't have a clear choice for a starter if it gets there. Combine that with the way the Yankees offense is clicking and their massive bullpen advantage, and you have to like their chances.

Good bet, Popovich always seems to find a way to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back