Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May, 2017

easy hits

tonight
penguins -190
cavs -9

penguins -190 are far from easy, IMO. they're still depleted on D & anything can happen in game 7. look no further than pit beating wsh in g7 last round. if anderson has a good game, ottawa wins...

Honestly, not supremely confident in either. deGrom is always a bit erratic, and Lamet is completely a wild card. But the Mets offense has been rolling lately and I like the line against a pitcher making his debut on the road. deGrom has also been good against this Padres team, but in a limited sample size.

Cavs burned me too in Game 3. I feel pretty good about it assuming Kyrie's ankle is alright. I really don't think they will keep shooting the lights out like they have though. This is more of an emotional hedge since I'm a Celtics fan. Definitely wouldn't recommend tailing me on NBA plays, haha.
I got burned in game 3 as well. And the cavs had covered for me every other time before that. I think I lost on betting the over the other night as well. Cavs have been excellent on the road. I don't like double digits with how this series has gone. But tonight i think they close them out. I can't shake the feeling for some reason though that Lebron is finally feeling some fatigue.

I got burned in game 3 as well. And the cavs had covered for me every other time before that. I think I lost on betting the over the other night as well. Cavs have been excellent on the road. I don't like double digits with how this series has gone. But tonight i think they close them out. I can't shake the feeling for some reason though that Lebron is finally feeling some fatigue.

Yeah I got burned on the under in G3 too actually. I definitely think they close it out tonight but yeah 10 is steep. Lebron definitely hasn't looked himself the past two games, but by the same token I can't remember the last time Lebron had 3 straight games like that.

I'll be thrilled if the Celtics pull out a win, but I think the Cavs put it away tonight. 10 is steep but all their wins have been double-digits so far. Though it may have been better to just pass and live bet potentially

penguins -190 are far from easy, IMO. they're still depleted on D & anything can happen in game 7. look no further than pit beating wsh in g7 last round. if anderson has a good game, ottawa wins...

oh haha that easy hits was in response to my original post of a baseball first 5 innings bets that hit. But yea I know the penguins game wont be easy.

penguins -190
cavs -9
Cavs win first half and game -225
d backs first 5 -115
LeBron james over 32.5 points -135 (he has exceeded this number in 8 out of 10 playoff games)

Yeah I got burned on the under in G3 too actually. I definitely think they close it out tonight but yeah 10 is steep. Lebron definitely hasn't looked himself the past two games, but by the same token I can't remember the last time Lebron had 3 straight games like that.

I'll be thrilled if the Celtics pull out a win, but I think the Cavs put it away tonight. 10 is steep but all their wins have been double-digits so far. Though it may have been better to just pass and live bet potentially
My experience with live betting in that series in not great unless you are taking the celtics which I just got burned on. I will likely buy a half point and throw something small on the cavs.

Cavs just moved to -9.5 from 10.5 that it was earlier today. I am grabbing that and maybe doing first half -6.5 for cavs. They should come out fast tonight.

Cavs are 5-0-1 against the spread on the road in the playoffs. I took 9.5

Last play for today-

Red Sox (-200) risk: 3u

rays first 5 -150 win
nats first 5 -138 win
penguins -190 win
Cavs -9 win
Cavs win first half and game -225 win
D backs first 5 -115 win
LeBron james over 32.5 points -135 win

Clean sweep 7-0

Not loving a ton of MLB plays tomorrow. Eyeing Nats RL with Scherzer on the mound against Pedermo. Potentially like the over for Game 1 of CWS/DET doubleheader tomorrow but no lines out yet.

EDIT: Or whichever CWS/DET game is Farmer/Pelfrey. Think that's going to be game 1

Field over Rahm at -545 is off after Rd 1. 3 golfers ahead of him, two tied with him, 6 one shot behind, and 11 two shots behind. In the mix, you have guys like Mickelson, Z. Johnson, Sergio, Moore, McDowell, etc. This is up for grabs with a legit chance of any of those winning, and possibly someone even further back. I think the oddsmakers were struggling finding a line to throw out there.

thinking of playing

zverev +1400
murray +1400
krygois +4000 (this may be wrong i only skimmed through and very sick lately so).

stuffed my bet up tonight due to being out of it... note to self DO NOT BET when drugged up.

edit: played

0.25 unite krygois +6600
0.25 unite roanic +8000

Last edited:
Also gonna have to take a crack at Mischa today, big odds on him but he's been performing very well and Nishi has off days a lot.

If Nishi totally drops the first set like he did yesterday there's potential for a big midway cashout.

Just missed getting Zverev for +420, got him for less, have to play at this value.

Last edited:
I have 2 units on Nadal at -109 and 1/2 a unit on Stanimal at +1350. I love the draw Stanimal got so he'll get bounced before the quarters.

The French, Rd1, most of the big names are there, this is going to be sick.

Hopefully it will be fairly predictable for a while at least. I'll be riding lock 1 Rafa and lock 2 Alex again when they have any value at all.

Rd1 - At a glance Jack Sock looks good, Janko Tipsarevic looks good, Bedene, Isner. I might take Tiafoe over Fog at those odds. Fairly big weekend ahead.

Back