Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March, 2018

Worst case scenario for me. Figures. Duke takes maybe the dumbest foul I've seen so far in the tourney which leads to my under missing by half a point.

I guess that's the thing about betting on college kids. They do really stupid shit sometimes.

Ended up passing on both games

Hit Boston at +1200 in the 3rd quarter. Lol should’ve went heavier on that one

Well hit the miracle o137.5 on Purdue/Texas Tech to salvage something of the night.

Still took a bath, but this helps. Got 2u back anyway.

Yeah what a brutal way to lose that under Mkess. I was having a good night with Nova covering and lbing them, as well as Clemson somehow covering my +5 bet, but lost all profits on that awful last few minutes of Duke/Cuse. Any strong leans tonight?

I like the under in K-state/Loyola (even though it gives me heartburn thinking about betting another under). Think I lean the under in Mich/FSU as well, but going to wait to see if Michigan comes out gunning and I can get a bigger number live. Also like FSU as an underdog a bit, they have a lot of depth and could get Michigan in trouble if the refs are whistle happy.

I'm backing Loyola again today

Michigan ml brehs

Lean loyola as well

Yeah what a brutal way to lose that under Mkess. I was having a good night with Nova covering and lbing them, as well as Clemson somehow covering my +5 bet, but lost all profits on that awful last few minutes of Duke/Cuse. Any strong leans tonight?

No strong leans. I'm playing Kansas St. small but mostly looking for good LB opportunities.

I kinda like Michigan/Fl St u143.5 because I think the total is a little inflated due to Michigan shooting so insanely well last round plus Fl St playing a faster pace than normal because of how Gonzaga tends to play. I actually expect Michigan/Fl St to be in the mid to high 60's. Wouldn't surprise me at all if neither team got to 70.

Any strong reasoning iGNP?
sorry dude, you didn't quote my post so i didnt see it :(

Loyola plays offense and defense well. They play as a team in both areas and are pretty deep. I like the way they run their offense and I think we inherently get line value because they come from a poor conference.

They also play the analytics game, where they shoot a lot of 3s and lay ups with few shots in between. They convert both at a pretty high % too

Took Kansas St first half +8.5 for 1.5u.

Was gonna look to hit Kansas St ML if it was +240ish or better like I thought it would be.

+175 nah, pass. They haven't shown enough that they can slow down Loyola's sets on offense. Gonna wait.

Kansas St bigs playing incredibly soft. Not sure if it's because of the crazy # of fouls called on them vs Kentucky last round or what, but they don't look like they want to even pretend to challenge anything at the rim.

I have a feeling this game will tighten up some, but man Kansas St has just shown zero inclination that they are gonna find the spark they need. Loyola deserves some credit for sure. Like @iGnP said they are very efficient with the sets they run and the looks they get. But Kansas St is also playing VERY tight. Tentative at both ends of the floor, and offensively even more stagnant than they normally are (which is pretty stagnant to begin with).

12 points is a TON for a team like Kansas St to overcome. They need to get some stops leading to easy baskets to even have a prayer of getting back into it.

Loyola is so fucking good. Making me so much cash this tourney

Loyola is so fucking good. Making me so much cash this tourney

They are. Although the tourney is just a crazy thing. They so easily could have lost their first game vs Miami, they needed a buzzer beating 3 to advance. If they don't hit that shot, we never get to see any of this and how good they are.

Michigan too. They hit the miracle 3 to pull off the improbable win, then come out the next round and just blitz Texas A & M.

They are. Although the tourney is just a crazy thing. They so easily could have lost their first game vs Miami, they needed a buzzer beating 3 to advance. If they don't hit that shot, we never get to see any of this and how good they are.

Michigan too. They hit the miracle 3 to pull off the improbable win, then come out the next round and just blitz Texas A & M.
They've been dogs in each of their games in the tourney. it's not as though they are huge favs that are getting through each game by the skin of their teeth

They've been dogs in each of their games in the tourney. it's not as though they are huge favs that are getting through each game by the skin of their teeth

For sure. My point is just that the tourney always has teams that get improbable wins and then look amazing after they advance.

Back