Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - June, 2018

No Harper or Adams for Nats

Ahh Harper explains it. I knew Adams was out. I still like Nats as dogs though. Sanchez had a couple nice outings for the Braves and then got smacked around in his last one. And prior to this season hadn't been able to get major league hitters out for a couple years. Hellickson doesn't pitch all that deep into games (averages just over 5 IP per start) but he's been fantastic while he's in there. 34/7 K/BB and has only given up more than 2 ER in a start once all year (and it was 3 ER). ERA of 2.30 YTD (8 starts). I'm gonna add a bet on Nats first five +100 too given that Hellickson tends to not go much past 5 and Atlanta's bullpen overall may be a little better than Washington's (esp it you take out Nats closer Doolittle from that comparison).

MLB

Tigers ML @ -107 for 1u.

Blue Jays started the season hot but were overachieving. Only Blue Jays starter I wouldn't bet against is JA Happ.

Blue Jays have been terrible lately and are in a deep downward spiral.

Tigers lineup at full strength with Miggy back and Martinez. Jays hitting lineup is depleted without Donaldson and starting to regress to normal averages.

Ahh Harper explains it. I knew Adams was out. I still like Nats as dogs though. Sanchez had a couple nice outings for the Braves and then got smacked around in his last one. And prior to this season hadn't been able to get major league hitters out for a couple years. Hellickson doesn't pitch all that deep into games (averages just over 5 IP per start) but he's been fantastic while he's in there. 34/7 K/BB and has only given up more than 2 ER in a start once all year (and it was 3 ER). ERA of 2.30 YTD (8 starts). I'm gonna add a bet on Nats first five +100 too given that Hellickson tends to not go much past 5 and Atlanta's bullpen overall may be a little better than Washington's (esp it you take out Nats closer Doolittle from that comparison).
Gl...that Nats line up has been quiet recently and now lose two plus hitters. I think Braves win today but not betting it

MLB

Tigers ML @ -107 for 1u.

Blue Jays started the season hot but were overachieving. Only Blue Jays starter I wouldn't bet against is JA Happ.

Blue Jays have been terrible lately and are in a deep downward spiral.

Tigers lineup at full strength with Miggy back and Martinez. Jays hitting lineup is depleted without Donaldson and starting to regress to normal averages.

I'm gonna play first five o5. Both Fulmer and Sanchez have been below average this year. Pretty good chance one of them implodes today.

Gl...that Nats line up has been quiet recently and now lose two plus hitters. I think Braves win today but not betting it

Yeah mostly a fade on Sanchez (and to a lesser degree backing Hellickson). Probably would have passed if Nats had even been slight favorites but with a + in front of them I'll take a shot.

I'm gonna play first five o5. Both Fulmer and Sanchez have been below average this year. Pretty good chance one of them implodes today.

That's the only thing that concerned me, Fulmer has regressed this year, he showed potential before this year.

Blue Jays just finding ways to lose.

I'll be on the Dodgers today. Some on the -0.5 first five, some on the -1.5 line too

And Hellickson hurt and out on the 2nd hitter of the game with a hammy injury. Reynolds makes an error giving the Braves a runner in scoring position too that they cash in. Not a good start to the day LOL.

Wow I cashed first five innings with Nats. Feel pretty lucky to get that one with Hellickson going out after facing only 2 batters.

Jeez Suter get this out please. Seriously sweating my Brewers first five innings bet now.

Jeez Suter get this out please. Seriously sweating my Brewers first five innings bet now.

Ugh and he blows it. Against a guy with zero major league hits in his career. Now I need an out just to salvage the push.

Edit: At least he got that out and I get the push. Still pisses me off.

Nice top of the 9th inning Nats. 1st and 2nd nobody out and you get a baserunning mistake, a guy who takes a good pitch with 2 strikes, and they don't score. Ugh.

Dodgers ML hits

Dodgers -0.5 first five loses

Dodgers -1.5 hits

thank goodness for that home run by Grandal

Ugh and he blows it. Against a guy with zero major league hits in his career. Now I need an out just to salvage the push.

Edit: At least he got that out and I get the push. Still pisses me off.
it worked for you but why did you bet on the brewers first five? their bullpen is great

Snell strikes out 12 and the rays lose to Felix, who has been utter trash this year.

4-5 massive losing weeks in a row

Snell strikes out 12 and the rays lose to Felix, who has been utter trash this year.

4-5 massive losing weeks in a row
Sorry man. That line seemed too good to be true. Def just bad luck there

I’m on the over in the Warriors/Cavs game and a small small stab at the Cavs ML.

Edit the ML moved as I was placing the bet. Went ahead and took half a unit on Cavs +11.5 (-115) instead

it worked for you but why did you bet on the brewers first five? their bullpen is great

Bullpen is great but diminished a little by the fact Council said he was leaning toward not using Hader today. Suter has been pitching really well and the kid the Sox were starting Covey had one good outing sandwiched between 2 not so great ones before today. Plus full game was more expensive for Brewers than first five.

Not a good day for me in MLB though.

I’m on the over in the Warriors/Cavs game and a small small stab at the Cavs ML.

Edit the ML moved as I was placing the bet. Went ahead and took half a unit on Cavs +11.5 (-115) instead
Split the plays but the over was bigger so cashed in about 0.6u. Yay lol

MLB Monday:

SD Padres/ATL Braves o7.5

Back