Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks look lost since he went out too. Kanter is really skilled offensively, but Bucks are doubling him when he touches it and Knicks all just stand around watching.

Ha ha best look ever on John McEnroe's face after a huge alley oop to Giannis. Priceless.
i didnt hedge, i thought maybe they could play hard in his absence. silly me

Epic Knicks collapse

Should’ve hit bucks while they were losing

*when Porzingis went down

Yeah there's no way to know how the game would have gone down. Bucks more talented team, but game in NY and the Knicks just looked like they completely deflated when Porz went down. I think they knew it could be serious and energy just evaporated. They were playing hard, and the game was tight prior to his leaving.

Another issue the Knicks have is that Jarett Jack is NOT a starting NBA point guard anymore. Bledsoe (who yeah is quicker than average I realize) made him look like he was wearing cement shoes. He should not even playing, let alone starting and playing 20 minutes every night. Ntilikina and Burke should play all the PG minutes there.

Ended up hitting bucks 4th quarter points

Should’ve played my lean on magic

Cavs are in disarray

latest

Okay now did 1.75u Lakers -3.

saw it. looks like an MCL injury

ACL tear, not even a little surprised. So similar to how I tore mine.

(Except he's about a foot taller, 20 years younger, and a million times the athlete I am).

ive been hammering the OKC live practically since the beginning of the second quarter. the warriors look so out of it while OKC is engaged. soooo much value

lmao, 4 and goal in the superbowl and pederson nonchalantly asks you want philly philly?

yeah, lets do it

im 100 percent convinced, with the manner that pederson asked foles, that the eagles coaching staff was 101 percent convinced before entering the playoffs that nick foles could win the superbowl

look at foles sell that shit...badass

I really think the Cavs are done. They literally gave up almost a 40 point swing last night vs an awful Magic team. Cleveland plays zero defense and now is missing Love for who knows how long. They have an old, overpaid roster full of weak defenders.

I think Boston and Toronto are the new favorites in the East. That said, I'm making a small play on my Bucks at +1625 to win the conference. Odds are too short on Raptors and Celts. Bucks have played really well for their new coach. They have a superstar in Giannis and now solid 2nd and 3rd options with Middleton and Bledsoe. Getting Parker back as the lead option on the 2nd unit is huge for them too, that was a big void. They have played more active energized defense lately and I think are a good darkhorse to get to the finals.

I really think the Cavs are done. They literally gave up almost a 40 point swing last night vs an awful Magic team. Cleveland plays zero defense and now is missing Love for who knows how long. They have an old, overpaid roster full of weak defenders.
I remember hearing an interview with IT where he said that as a team and as people they've stopped trusting each other. A lot if their disarray is happening behind the scenes imo. Shame to see this from them.

I think Boston and Toronto are the new favorites in the East. That said, I'm making a small play on my Bucks at +1625 to win the conference. Odds are too short on Raptors and Celts. Bucks have played really well for their new coach. They have a superstar in Giannis and now solid 2nd and 3rd options with Middleton and Bledsoe. Getting Parker back as the lead option on the 2nd unit is huge for them too, that was a big void. They have played more active energized defense lately and I think are a good darkhorse to get to the finals.

I think the Cavs are done too. They are getting older and they never really played good defense overall and even worse with Isiah Thomas now. I think they definitely got the bad end of the Isiah/Kyrie trade. The had stretches in past years with LeBron on the team but this year the defense is worse and the team chemistry seems worse.

Kyrie was a 2nd option that gave team fits, scoring and getting teams in foul trouble. He gave Kyle Lowry and the Raptors a lot of problems. This year Toronto has a really strong bench that's young and some strong defenders. Either Boston or Toronto coming out if the East, depends also with the trade deadline and what pieces each team pick up.

Love it. But i have a bet on Boston from earlier in the year soooooo I like that one more :) I've watched a lot of basketball throughout my life- that Boston team has something special. I'm not saying they have enough to win this year, but that team will win a championship if the team stays together and grows together. Way too many talented, high character guys coached by a guy who brings out the best in them all. If Gordon can come back to even 80% of what he was last year (im talking about after this season, almost no chance he does anything significant this season), good luck everybody else

I remember hearing an interview with IT where he said that as a team and as people they've stopped trusting each other. A lot if their disarray is happening behind the scenes imo. Shame to see this from them.

I think the Cavs are done too. They are getting older and they never really played good defense overall and even worse with Isiah Thomas now. I think they definitely got the bad end of the Isiah/Kyrie trade. The had stretches in past years with LeBron on the team but this year the defense is worse and the team chemistry seems worse.

Kyrie was a 2nd option that gave team fits, scoring and getting teams in foul trouble. He gave Kyle Lowry and the Raptors a lot of problems. This year Toronto has a really strong bench that's young and some strong defenders. Either Boston or Toronto coming out if the East, depends also with the trade deadline and what pieces each team pick up.

Regarding the Cavs: Remember me when this ultimately happens and the Cavs "right" their ship. They're gonna put IT on the bench (or have him start but stagger his minutes big time so he plays more with the second unit than he does with the first unit) and either bench or trade Tristan Kardashian. Both of the guys that I named have been pathetically bad while everyone else on the Cavs has been average or decent. I'll go to my grave saying IT is more of a 6th man than he is a starting point guard in the league (flame away). If you remember correctly, the Cavs offense was actually more efficient when Kyrie was on the bench and everything ran through Lebron. I think we're seeing something very similar but you also have to account for Kyrie being a lot more talented than IT, in addition to IT coming off of 7 mo on the shelf. I think Derrick Rose can give them what they need in the starting line-up. He's a better defender than IT (who isn't, though? lol) and he doesn't need to control the ball in the half court set because he's a better open court player at this point in his career. With the second unit, IT has more freedom to do his ball dominant tendencies and have a bigger impact on the game

I don't think this will make the Cavs the favorites or anything. I still think Boston is a more complete team top to bottom. But, its hard to discount Lebron. If the Cavs are to make the adjustments I outlined, I really really like their chances at turning this all around and Ill start betting them at that point. Until then, fading them every game

Love it. But i have a bet on Boston from earlier in the year soooooo I like that one more :) I've watched a lot of basketball throughout my life- that Boston team has something special. I'm not saying they have enough to win this year, but that team will win a championship if the team stays together and grows together. Way too many talented, high character guys coached by a guy who brings out the best in them all. If Gordon can come back to even 80% of what he was last year (im talking about after this season, almost no chance he does anything significant this season), good luck everybody else

Regarding the Cavs: Remember me when this ultimately happens and the Cavs "right" their ship. They're gonna put IT on the bench (or have him start but stagger his minutes big time so he plays more with the second unit than he does with the first unit) and either bench or trade Tristan Kardashian. Both of the guys that I named have been pathetically bad while everyone else on the Cavs has been average or decent. I'll go to my grave saying IT is more of a 6th man than he is a starting point guard in the league (flame away). If you remember correctly, the Cavs offense was actually more efficient when Kyrie was on the bench and everything ran through Lebron. I think we're seeing something very similar but you also have to account for Kyrie being a lot more talented than IT, in addition to IT coming off of 7 mo on the shelf. I think Derrick Rose can give them what they need in the starting line-up. He's a better defender than IT (who isn't, though? lol) and he doesn't need to control the ball in the half court set because he's a better open court player at this point in his career. With the second unit, IT has more freedom to do his ball dominant tendencies and have a bigger impact on the game

I don't think this will make the Cavs the favorites or anything. I still think Boston is a more complete team top to bottom. But, its hard to discount Lebron. If the Cavs are to make the adjustments I outlined, I really really like their chances at turning this all around and Ill start betting them at that point. Until then, fading them every game

You forgot another bad player on the Cavs (JR Smith), Quincy K can attest to that.

I agree with your points but I wonder if Isiah Thomas will accept coming off the bench since it's a contract year for him and he was looking for a max deal with Boston. If he comes off the bench and does well, teams might see him as a really good lead guy off the bench but he won't make anywhere near the money he would get if he was starting.

Good example is Lou Williams with the Clippers first guy off the bench, he is going to get good money in new contract but not anywhere near max.

Gasp. How dare you
<codychoke>
Lol jk. I don't dislike IT as a point guard. I think him and LeBron have a terrible dynamic together where LeBron plays a lot of the role of PG while not having to guard shorter faster players if I'm wording that correctly. There's also the sour personal dynamic I think IT carriers from the Kyrie trade. Kind of a "I'm the new girlfriend but you're still missing your ex" kind of thing. I think you're right though. Cleveland would benefit from benching IT. Are they going to trade him? Isn't the deadline today or tomorrow or something.

Gasp. How dare you
<codychoke>
Lol jk. I don't dislike IT as a point guard. I think him and LeBron have a terrible dynamic together where LeBron plays a lot of the role of PG while not having to guard shorter faster players if I'm wording that correctly. There's also the sour personal dynamic I think IT carriers from the Kyrie trade. Kind of a "I'm the new girlfriend but you're still missing your ex" kind of thing. I think you're right though. Cleveland would benefit from benching IT. Are they going to trade him? Isn't the deadline today or tomorrow or something.
Tomorrow 9 AM EST I believe

Yeah Boston is my pick now to come out of the East. I think Toronto is a threat too. Not sure how realistic the Bucks chances are, but better than 16-1 imo.

Yeah Boston is my pick now to come out of the East. I think Toronto is a threat too. Not sure how realistic the Bucks chances are, but better than 16-1 imo.
Best case, theyd have to go through 2/3 elite teams in the East (assuming Cavs fix things and are considered elite by then). I dont like their chances against Boston or Toronto in a series this year, though. I think best case scenario is get the 3-4 seed, win the first round series, then you're sitting w a 16:1 bet

im a celtic fan since 1982

if boston wins the east it just shows how absolute shit the conference is and one of the reasons i could not pass up indy +10000 to win the east, great plus money hedgeable if they get to the conference semi finals

without the 2016 cavs team, the entire east is shit compared to prior years. the cs did pick up monroe, who is more of an insurance policy to morris, but you know that a conference is absolute garbage when two 6 4, sub 40 percent shooters are the main, if not only, contributors off your bench.

eddie house was a 40 percent shooter but was one of six guys coming off the 2008 celtics bench putting in a mere 15 min a game whereas rozier and smart are both close to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back