Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
They finally put T.O. in the HOF. Should have been a first ballot selection, but glad they got it right. Was embarrassing that he wasn't in there. Guy was one of the 2 best WR's of his generation.

Pats ML -175 (8.75u)

I know this is super degen and i normally dont like bets like this but... JT to sing a prince song at HT show is +200 that seems obvious no? Or am i the only one? I think it should be -200 might be worth .5u or something. What do u guys think

Also looking to hedge some LB and maybe add a little more to pats if they fall behind

So far I have... and this is the only time I punt on literally anything...

Eagles first offence play to be a run @4.00
Coin toss heads @2.00

Gatorade colour shower bet to come...

I know this is super degen and i normally dont like bets like this but... JT to sing a prince song at HT show is +200 that seems obvious no? Or am i the only one? I think it should be -200 might be worth .5u or something. What do u guys think
With all the talk about prince holograms making an appearance at HT this might be the bet of the night. Lol @ the o/u on how long pink will sing the national anthem for. Lots of degen props out

So far I have... and this is the only time I punt on literally anything...

Eagles first offence play to be a run @4.00
Coin toss heads @2.00

Gatorade colour shower bet to come...

where did you find the run at 4.0?

Eagles win today boys.

Eagles +4 to win 2u
Eagles +175 to win 1.75u

Eagles win today boys.

Eagles +4 to win 2u
Eagles +175 to win 1.75u
I think the eagles are the more talented team. But i think its going to be a close game late. And the Pats have tremendous experience. Also the greatest coach of all time has 2 weeks to prepare for the backup qb. and i trust the Goat qb vs the backup in a close 4th quarter game with the super bowl on the line. Also just a little side stat the Pats have a staggering good record against teams they play for the first time

Edit: the Pats are 15-0 in the playoffs against teams they havent played during the regular season. I dont think thats a coincidence

I think there are a couple decent value plays on for MVP if you think the Eagles win (@stretcharmstrong ).

My view (and I'd imagine the view of the majority of people out there that know football) is that IF the Eagles win, it will be using the blueprint that the Giants laid out in their 2 Super Bowl wins over the Pats during this Era. Two reasons for that. First, because we've seen it work. Twice. Second, because it actually plays right into the Eagles strengths of getting pressure on the opposing QB without blitzing.

A lot of the Eagles defensive players have nice odds to win MVP. Of course these are long shot bets, but the logic is there. If the Eagles win it very likely could be due to a performance similar to what Vonn Miller did to the Panthers a couple years ago. Some of the odds 5d has for Eagles defensive players:

Fletcher Cox +6000
Brandon Graham +10000
Chris Long +15000
Malcolm Jenkins +12500
Rodney Mcleod +30000

Of course these are just tiny, fun plays assuming you think the Eagles win.

I think there are a couple decent value plays on for MVP if you think the Eagles win (@stretcharmstrong ).

My view (and I'd imagine the view of the majority of people out there that know football) is that IF the Eagles win, it will be using the blueprint that the Giants laid out in their 2 Super Bowl wins over the Pats during this Era. Two reasons for that. First, because we've seen it work. Twice. Second, because it actually plays right into the Eagles strengths of getting pressure on the opposing QB without blitzing.

A lot of the Eagles defensive players have nice odds to win MVP. Of course these are long shot bets, but the logic is there. If the Eagles win it very likely could be due to a performance similar to what Vonn Miller did to the Panthers a couple years ago. Some of the odds 5d has for Eagles defensive players:

Fletcher Cox +6000
Brandon Graham +10000
Chris Long +15000
Malcolm Jenkins +12500
Rodney Mcleod +30000

Of course these are just tiny, fun plays assuming you think the Eagles win.
What also adds to your point is that the Eagles dont have a stand out offensive player. I think theyll be able to run the ball on the Pats today but that's more a committee thing anyway. Ajayi is the lead back but (i could be wrong about this) Clement and Blount also get run in specific situations much like the Patriots running back committee. You should throw some money on Curry too. Kinda shocked you didnt, he's arguably their second best defensive player, bud

Admittedly, I haven't looked into the SB line very much because I only plan on riding my futures bet on the Eagles. Gun to head, though, I think I'd lean w the Pats. All things that @Papi listed just support how amazing Brady and Belichick have been. In addition to that, you have to remember that prior to the AFC+NFC Championship games, the future line on a Eagles-Patriots SB match up was Pats -7. With all the big bets coming in on the Eagles, the there's 3 points worth of line value on the Pats, probably based on how their respective championship games happened. The Vikings completely shit the bed (maybe off of a high from their GW catch the week before) while the Patriots had to pull off a GWing drive at the end. That's the last memory bettors gave of both teams and I wouldnt be surprised if that's influenced the betting lines (it definitely has done so in the past). But yeah, there's no reason for me to switch sides on my future bet. GL to everyone

What also adds to your point is that the Eagles dont have a stand out offensive player. I think theyll be able to run the ball on the Pats today but that's more a committee thing anyway. Ajayi is the lead back but (i could be wrong about this) Clement and Blount also get run in specific situations much like the Patriots running back committee. You should throw some money on Curry too. Kinda shocked you didnt, he's arguably their second best defensive player, bud

I have absolutely no idea why, but 5d (as of now) doesn't have posted odds for Curry. They have freaking odds for starting tackle Lane Johson LOL (+30000), but not Curry. I would have added him for sure, hopefully they do add him around +8000 or better. I do have him in a few of my DK lineups for today, so if he has a good game and wreaks some havoc I'll benefit that way at least.

I have absolutely no idea why, but 5d (as of now) doesn't have posted odds for Curry. They have freaking odds for starting tackle Lane Johson LOL (+30000), but not Curry. I would have added him for sure, hopefully they do add him around +8000 or better. I do have him in a few of my DK lineups for today, so if he has a good game and wreaks some havoc I'll benefit that way at least.
I'm not using 5d for props but yeah, same w my book. I took the 'field" option at +800 and it includes basically the entire Eagles defense other than Cox (and entire Patriots defense, just in case ;) ), who I made a separate bet on anyway

Last edited:
if nick foles has the same game that he had against minn or atl and phi wins today +400 is the best buy

in fact, imo the only way phi wins today is if foles has a 100 qbr day

funny, people still doubting nick foles

I'm not using 5d for props but yeah, same w my book. I took the 'field" option at +800 and it includes basically the entire Eagles defense other than Cox, who I made a separate bet on anyway

5d doesn't even have "the field" as an option that covers all the guys they don't list. It's bizarre, not sure why.

if nick foles has the same game that he had against minn or atl and phi wins today +400 is the best buy

in fact, imo the only way phi wins today is if foles has a 100 qbr day

funny, people still doubting nick foles
bc he sucks

im not suggesting a bet on this but a great podcast that i listen to pointed it out to me and ive been betting it every year. will there be three unanswered scores in the game by one team- YES is the play, even though its juiced. most people feel like it wouldnt happen but it actually happens at a pretty high clip. its not a guarantee, but its +EV if you bet it every year, which it has been for me

just sharing info. that's one prop im on for sure. ill post others that i took

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back