Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every situation is different. Lots of factors like how bad the tear is, the blood supply available to the area, the location of the tear, etc etc. Not black and white situation but def MUCH better outlook than a torn ACL

Yeah and now that I think about it, my situation I guess is sort of a bad comparison. Because I had the torn ACL, it makes sense he'd downplay the meniscus as inconsequential. Because the ACL takes so much longer to heal and it was gonna be 6 months before I could really run full out or anything, of course the meniscus repair would be fully healed by then.

wait, how is that applicable? did Collison have a torn meniscus?

also, i second what @mkess101 said. you can have a pretty quick recovery if the surgeon decides to cut the meniscus instead of sewing it

im not a doctor and unlike yourself have zero medical training but it seems that what collison had was far less severe than what butler is going to have done and the article i linked seemed pretty pessimistic that darren would be back in two or three weeks

i will say that i have been injured where they had to sew up my lower leg after a muscle tear as opposed to a simple incision and there is no way butler will be playing full speed in four weeks.

no

im not a doctor and unlike yourself have zero medical training but it seems that what collison had was far less severe than what butler is going to have done and the article i linked seemed pretty pessimistic that darren would be back in two or three weeks

i will say that i have been injured where they had to sew up my lower leg after a muscle tear as opposed to a simple incision and there is no way butler will be playing full speed in four weeks.

no
to a certain extent, you're comparing apples to oranges. a muscle tear is a big deal because it needs to be fully healed in order to contract well. the meniscus is just cartilage in the knee that serves as a shock absorber and for knee stability, it doesn't directly affect the movement of the knee. the only real ramification of meniscus injuries is pain, and that can vary based on location, severity, etc

Cavs are in a decent spot to cover the spread. If they do, im rolling the winnings onto a game in the afternoon

Cavs are in a decent spot to cover the spread. If they do, im rolling the winnings onto a game in the afternoon

I live bet them twice when they were down, once at -2.5 and once ML -135. I'm DEEP on the Cavs here. Good luck man.

I live bet them twice when they were down, once at -2.5 and once ML -135. I'm DEEP on the Cavs here. Good luck man.
i also LB them at -120 i think (could have been -130, too lazy to check). ride or die fam

lebron guarding Aldridge...? interesting. i think i like this move

edit NVM seems to have been a switch on one play

lebron guarding Aldridge...? interesting. i think i like this move

I'm watching the end of the Bucks game too, just flipped over. Thompson was on him and of course Aldrich backs him down and hits a turnaround.

I think Lebron on him makes sense given who else is on the floor for the Spurs.

I'm watching the end of the Bucks game too, just flipped over. Thompson was on him and of course Aldrich backs him down and hits a turnaround.

I think Lebron on him makes sense given who else is on the floor for the Spurs.
Edited my post. Looks like they switched on two straight plays. Tristan was back to being abused by LA

Player prop that looks good:

Jokic reb+asst o18.5 at +100.

He's got three triple doubles in a row. And they are playing the team that plays at the fastest pace in the league. O/U is 225. There's going to be a lot of possessions, I think he goes over this # fairly comfortably honestly.

11-0 run for the Spurs to start the 4th quarter.

Pathetic effort from Cavs at home.

Washington Wizards -1.5 for 2.2u

Player prop that looks good:

Jokic reb+asst o18.5 at +100.

He's got three triple doubles in a row. And they are playing the team that plays at the fastest pace in the league. O/U is 225. There's going to be a lot of possessions, I think he goes over this # fairly comfortably honestly.

$$$$$

Easy cover, got it with over 5 minutes left in the game.

Got my losses back from Cavs today.

Love the Jazz tonight. They're gunning for the final playoff spot while the Houston Rockets are playing their second game of a back to back in altitude. I'll definitely back them at dog odds and look to pile on a bit if I can get them at a good line during the game

Love the Jazz tonight. They're gunning for the final playoff spot while the Houston Rockets are playing their second game of a back to back in altitude. I'll definitely back them at dog odds and look to pile on a bit if I can get them at a good line during the game

Ugh. Rockets 12 straight wins right? Everything else about it I love, I just hate betting against teams that 100% know who they are and are in a groove.

I think I'm gonna hold off, hope Houston jumps to a lead at some point where I can get the Jazz at a better line live (same as you plan to do). But I'm gonna pass pregame. If there's tired legs for Houston at play, most likely that shows up more in the 2nd half imo.

Good luck man.

Pelicans -1.5 Live

Thought about it too cuz...Phoenix LOL but Pelicans played a physical OT game yesterday and Holliday esp expended a TON of energy the entire game.

I passed but GL man.

another collapse that costs me money. good grief, this season has been brutal w/ these kind of results. id almost rather lose by a 30 point blow out than see a team that i bet on, who were up 15 at one point, lose by 10+

another collapse that costs me money. good grief, this season has been brutal w/ these kind of results. id almost rather lose by a 30 point blow out than see a team that i bet on, who were up 15 at one point, lose by 10+

Yeah man, the game went completely the opposite of what I'd have thought. I figured Houston would come out smoking like usual and then fade (back to back, altitude). Went the opposite. Glad I passed. Live bet was never even a thought for me either the way the game went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back