Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
-2u on Lac +6 1h and -5.5 Cleveland. Lol @ Cleveland giving up their lead in the second. Oh well.

Toronto ML + Cavs 1H ML (+109)

Don't usually post bets in here but I think England have really good value next weekend vs scotland in the 6 nations, they are 1.4 atm : https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations/scotland-v-england/winner

scotland haven't beaten england in nearly 10 years and have had a very mixed start to the championship after getting destroyed vs a injury ridden welsh side and pulling it out of the bag against the french chokers very late in the game. england just represent a much superior team to wales and france atm, I don't see anything in scotlands favor other than playing at home in murrayfield. at worst I expect this line to go to 1.35 for a easy trade.

down to 1.33 now, laid some liability off here. 1 england score first, and it'll go sub 1.2 probably.

^^^Took Jazz live at halftime +135.

Jimmy Butler suffered a knee injury. My not-so-professional opinion thinks its his MCL but that could be wishful thinking. He's most likely going to miss a decent amount of time, potentially the rest of the reason. He's the Wolves' best player and as the tweet above suggests, they are going to be FADE material until the lines adjust enough.

Hope Jimmy Buckets is okay, though

Jimmy Butler suffered a knee injury. My not-so-professional opinion thinks its his MCL but that could be wishful thinking. He's most likely going to miss a decent amount of time, potentially the rest of the reason. He's the Wolves' best player and as the tweet above suggests, they are going to be FADE material until the lines adjust enough.

Hope Jimmy Buckets is okay, though

I just saw the replay of him injuring it. It looks like ACL man, sorry. All the torque is on the outside of the knee as he plants his foot. Same as what Porzingas looked like. Same way I tore mine.

Obviously I could be wrong. I hope I am. Not a ton of great 2 way players in the league and he's one of them. And he's generally better late in close games than he is at other times, not true of all star players.

I just saw the replay of him injuring it. It looks like ACL man, sorry. All the torque is on the outside of the knee as he plants his foot. Same as what Porzingas looked like. Same way I tore mine.

Obviously I could be wrong. I hope I am. Not a ton of great 2 way players in the league and he's one of them. And he's generally better late in close games than he is at other times, not true of all star players.
There was contact w Anderson's knee, albeit it didnt seem very forceful. There is def a chance its only an MCL

Don't usually post bets in here but I think England have really good value next weekend vs scotland in the 6 nations, they are 1.4 atm : https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations/scotland-v-england/winner

scotland haven't beaten england in nearly 10 years and have had a very mixed start to the championship after getting destroyed vs a injury ridden welsh side and pulling it out of the bag against the french chokers very late in the game. england just represent a much superior team to wales and france atm, I don't see anything in scotlands favor other than playing at home in murrayfield. at worst I expect this line to go to 1.35 for a easy trade.
I nearly used that 1.4 as a parlay piece. Been burnt before with these ball sports so I left it alone. Lucky escape.

I nearly used that 1.4 as a parlay piece. Been burnt before with these ball sports so I left it alone. Lucky escape.

was so confident on this too, england played abysmally, worst I've seen in years and years. there's a lot of money to be made in rugby though, it's an inefficient market like mma compared to bigger sports.

There was contact w Anderson's knee, albeit it didnt seem very forceful. There is def a chance its only an MCL

Meniscus tear. I tore mine when I tore my ACL, but the meniscus was really sort of an afterthought. It was shredded enough that he sort of snipped away the loose parts and left it alone. Looks like Jimmy will have surgery and miss 4-6 weeks. Honestly, all things considered, that's a win if you are a Jimmy Butler or Wolves fan.

Meniscus tear. I tore mine when I tore my ACL, but the meniscus was really sort of an afterthought. It was shredded enough that he sort of snipped away the loose parts and left it alone. Looks like Jimmy will have surgery and miss 4-6 weeks. Honestly, all things considered, that's a win if you are a Jimmy Butler or Wolves fan.
100%, meniscus tears aren’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things. When there is contact, the chances of it being the medial meniscus or MCL drastically increase, that’s why I was hopeful

wait, how is that applicable? did Collison have a torn meniscus?

also, i second what @mkess101 said. you can have a pretty quick recovery if the surgeon decides to cut the meniscus instead of sewing it

Exactly. I'm not in the medical field at all, I just know from what my surgeon told me 6 years ago when I had my knee repaired. The ACL repair was a pretty big deal. He sort of made it sound like trimming the meniscus was barely worth mentioning.

Exactly. I'm not in the medical field at all, I just know from what my surgeon told me 6 years ago when I had my knee repaired. The ACL repair was a pretty big deal. He sort of made it sound like trimming the meniscus was barely worth mentioning.
Every situation is different. Lots of factors like how bad the tear is, the blood supply available to the area, the location of the tear, etc etc. Not black and white situation but def MUCH better outlook than a torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back