Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - August, 2017

Few bets I will be placing on the Athletics World Championship tonight (follow at your owns risk) will possible have some more posted later.

Men's 5000m Heat 1 - Muktar Edris @ 3.75 (+275.00) - Running well this year, Farah will be looking to converse energy after being banged up a bit.
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 1 - Hyin Kiyeng Jepkemoi @ 1.91 (-109.89)
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 2 - Ruth Jebet @ 2.20 (+120.00)
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 3 - Celliphine Chepteek Chepsol @ 2.38 (+138.00)
Women''s Shot Put - Lijiao Gong @ 2.25 (+125.00)
Men's 200m Semi-Final 1 - Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake @ 2.50 (+150.00) - Would have fancied Simbine for an upset @5.00 if it wasn't for his hip injury.
Men's 200m Semi-Final 2 - Jereem Richards @ 2.10 (+110.00) - I fancy him to upset Yohan Blake here, he's impressed me.

Jereem Richards absolutely bolts up and wins it!!!

Few bets I will be placing on the Athletics World Championship tonight (follow at your owns risk) will possible have some more posted later.

Men's 5000m Heat 1 - Muktar Edris @ 3.75 (+275.00) - Running well this year, Farah will be looking to converse energy after being banged up a bit.
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 1 - Hyin Kiyeng Jepkemoi @ 1.91 (-109.89)
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 2 - Ruth Jebet @ 2.20 (+120.00)
Women's 3000m Steeplechase Heat 3 - Celliphine Chepteek Chepsol @ 2.38 (+138.00)
Women''s Shot Put - Lijiao Gong @ 2.25 (+125.00)
Men's 200m Semi-Final 1 - Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake @ 2.50 (+150.00) - Would have fancied Simbine for an upset @5.00 if it wasn't for his hip injury.
Men's 200m Semi-Final 2 - Jereem Richards @ 2.10 (+110.00) - I fancy him to upset Yohan Blake here, he's impressed me.

Gong wins the shot put gold!!

Men's 400m Hurdles - Kerron Clement @ 2.38

Clement misses out, comes 3rd, winner is Warholm of Norway who ran an incredible race, can't complain.

Already lost again on MLB. Quite discouraging

Quick question for my 5 dimes ppl…use bitcoin or money gram for depositing? Experiences with either…

Looking at value with greinke at home at plus money. Wood may be getting too much juice.

Looking at value with greinke at home at plus money. Wood may be getting too much juice.
I wouldn't say he's getting too much juice. The dodgers just get a lot of respect. I think wood gave up 3 total hits and a run the last time they played.

Greinke had a bad game, for his standards, last time out. I think the line is right on

I do think the dodgers are due to lose back to back games. Greinke is great at home.

I think odds are still +110 for under 8.5. That might not be a bad play either. Not quite sure why sharp money is on the over

Personally I'm done for the night. These last few days I've been reaching hard. Came extremely close to winning back my lost monies, but my account currently has 5 bucks in it.

Going to reload tomorrow and drop my unit size and go back to the way I was playing.

had a good first half. After the all star break has not been good. I have lost 8 straight days on baseball. Winnings are gone lol

I wouldn't say he's getting too much juice. The dodgers just get a lot of respect. I think wood gave up 3 total hits and a run the last time they played.

Greinke had a bad game, for his standards, last time out. I think the line is right on

I do think the dodgers are due to lose back to back games. Greinke is great at home.

I think odds are still +110 for under 8.5. That might not be a bad play either. Not quite sure why sharp money is on the over

Personally I'm done for the night. These last few days I've been reaching hard. Came extremely close to winning back my lost monies, but my account currently has 5 bucks in it.

Going to reload tomorrow and drop my unit size and go back to the way I was playing.

had a good first half. After the all star break has not been good. I have lost 8 straight days on baseball. Winnings are gone lol
I know those feels

That o/u somehow moved to 9. Maybe it's a trap (and I got burned on the u8.5 last night in St L/KC) but I have to bet u9 here. If you look at the D backs offense, while Goldy is obviously their best hitter, Lamb is probably as big a key for them. And Wood is just brutal on lefties. Greinke didn't throw well last time out, but he rarely has back to back bad outings. Supposed sharp $ coming in pushing the line from 8.5 to 9 does give me pause, but I have to go with my read.

I was where you are at a few weeks ago. I really toned it down and took a break.

I agree with all you said and will re-word by saying I like the value in Greinke at home with plus money of any sort. I still think he's better than Wood.

Maybe you need a break for a few days with no betting to recharge the passion. It's a cruel hobby.

Not gonna join ya on ferrer but gl..

Thanks! He won.

I am adding a half unit on Querrey tho +150.. he was -105 last night so maybe someone knows something I don't .. but he's been on fire this summer... Including edging tsonga in Wimbledon...

Yup, I was on Querrey too, good call. He's whopping everyone at the moment.

Couple of tips for Women's 5000m Heats today.

Women's 5000m Heat 1 - Almaz Ayana - 1.44 - Not a glamorous price but I backed her to win the 10000m outright and she did, lapping basically everyone in the process, got her at 2.00 there and I'm confident even though it's only the heats she can win comfortably here should you want to lay some bigger money down.

Women's 5000m Heat 2 - Genzebe Dibaba - 4.00 - The bookmakers favour Hassan here but Dibaba is more experienced over 5000m and has had the better times overall and this year. Kipkemboi may also be able to mount a decent challenge but I like Dibaba at these odds.

Will likely have more later.

Women's 400m Hurdles - Sage Watson to win a medal - 3.50 - The focus is on Hejnova of Croatia and Dalilah Muhammad of the USA but the young Canadian Sage Watson has been steadily improving over 400m. It will be a tough task for her, currently (23.00) to win the race but we've seen some upsets, including Phyllis Francis winning the Women's 400m last night.

Was a pus and didn't take Chung yesterday but today I'm on Zverev +101 to win 1.5 units.

Congrats to the Querrey backers yesterday.

Was a pus and didn't take Chung yesterday but today I'm on Zverev +101 to win 1.5 units.

Congrats to the Querrey backers yesterday.

I'm thinking zverev, too.. but kyrgios is 2-0 h2h.. but I might join ya.

I know that I posted it but I can't find it exactly. But the Florida Gators are now +2.5 and +125 against Michigan week 1.

I have 1.5u on +5 and .5u on +170.

I think they win so I'd recommend the money line to everyone.

Last edited:
Also inclined to take Zverev.

thursday tennis should be awesome, 5 of the 8 matches are coinflips on the odds!

3 bets for me so far, but each 1u

querrey +110 he is just on better form, probably the best he's played in his career from wimbledon thru yesterday. anderson looks like he's healthy again and this shit's gonna be 7-6's, but querrey's return game is actually improving. can't say the same about anderson's.

monfils -110 is just the matchup. bautista is more consistent but he's just predictable. he hits the ball so flat. monfils is capable of so much more variety and it's his match to lose. if he's on form, he creates the angles and wins. if he's spraying the ball wildly, he will lose. but it's his match to lose.

zrever +102 - he's just in way better form than kyrgios. i was ready to do 2u on this one until i remembered kyrgios is 2-0 h2h, but zverev is maturing so fast.. he's a better player than he was at the start of 2017, even. 49 shot rally down match point yesterday against gasquet and he NEVER stopped hitting thru the ball... won me over.

man, i wanna play fed -5 or -6 or whatever it's just hard, haha. he's 16-0 against ferrer.. lol. so absurd!

the thing is, he actually hasn't covered 6 games the last 5 times against ferrer.. and only once in the last 8...

Back