Noisy people hanging outside my apartment

LuchaBear

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I live on the corner end of an apartment and it's right by a city owned fire lane. This corner is a nice discreet spot for younger people to hang out and smoke weed at. This area has become a non stop hang out zone and due to it technically being on city property, the management won't do a single thing about it.. The coughing from the weed smoking is unbearable and I've had enough. Besides that, I really like the place and area and I'm really not in the mood to move right now. Plus I might be owning it eventually.

I'm thinking that I'll just make it difficult for people wanting to hang out there. If I put some nasty or sticky crap where people would normally be standing, well maybe that could work? :rolleyes:

It rains a lot here so I'd need to use something rain proof and something that won't stink so bad, that the smell travels right up to my windows. I wouldn't want to use something that's going to kill someone's dog too.

Any ideas?

{<jimmies}

Snitch to the cops, depending on the laws for either the weed or disturbing the peace.

If you think that is benieth you then man up and get those kids "off your lawn"

Put a speaker outside and play elevator music.

Let the bodies hit the floor.

If they're black call the cops
If they're white kick their ass
If they're brown tweet Trump
And if they're yellow be a nice fellow

Dirty sinners smoking the forbidden shrubbery!!

FatImpassionedEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

Snitch to the cops

Even if I was willing to do that, cops ain't rushing over because people are hanging out and using legal weed. They can tell one punk to leave, then another one comes by hours later and it never ends.

When it comes to manning up and being that guy telling everyone to fuck off.. My experience is that's only going to bring unwanted drama right to my home. I'm only one person and at times, there's a whole group of them out here. I'm not an intimidating person either so I don't think constantly telling random people to leave is going to end well.

This is why I'm thinking I'll just make the area not fun to stand in. It's not a big area.

Hide bags of shit in the area if you must...or leave actual shit in the area

Toss balloons full of piss at them Bubba, that or close your window, and turn the volume up on your tv.
Don’t let something so little trigger you so bad , the more you don’t let it bother you the easier it becomes.

Play Slayer as loud as you can, that'll teach them

This sounds like a job for Jörg Sprave.

I live on the corner end of an apartment and it's right by a city owned fire lane. This corner is a nice discreet spot for younger people to hang out and smoke weed at. This area has become a non stop hang out zone and due to it technically being on city property, the management won't do a single thing about it.. The coughing from the weed smoking is unbearable and I've had enough. Besides that, I really like the place and area and I'm really not in the mood to move right now. Plus I might be owning it eventually.

I'm thinking that I'll just make it difficult for people wanting to hang out there. If I put some nasty or sticky crap where people would normally be standing, well maybe that could work? :rolleyes:

It rains a lot here so I'd need to use something rain proof and something that won't stink so bad, that the smell travels right up to my windows. I wouldn't want to use something that's going to kill someone's dog too.

Any ideas?

{<jimmies}
you should be careful messing with these people this is how King Curtis got killed.

Maybe actually go down and speak to one of them. They're probably just looking for a safe place to smoke, might not be delinquents. Tell them you live there and the noise is becoming annoying and you say that you don't want to have to call the cops but you will if they keep it up

Toss balloons full of piss at them Bubba, that or close your window, and turn the volume up on your tv.
Don’t let something so little trigger you so bad , the more you don’t let it bother you the easier it becomes.

It's been going on for four years now. I've been pretty chill about it but at this point, I have to say..

giphy.webp

Cover the area in piss and feces. Seal your window to keep out the stench. Problem solved.

It's been going on for four years now. I've been pretty chill about it but at this point, I have to say..

giphy.webp
I can understand the frustration. But is this within your control or out of your control?
If it’s the latter , why waste energy on it, and not something else instead?
If you can control it, maybe trying to communicate it to the people in away you won’t come off too aggressive.
Like saying next time you see people smoking. “ heads up , cops have been harassing the smokers down here for smoking too close to the building. “
Look for a calm way to come across, and be polite about it, most people should respond to that

Back