Nogi Ninja Choke from Closed Guard - Including a Variation for Short Arms

The Power Guillotine or Nogi Ninja Choke is Super Powerful and can Really Catch your Opponent Unawares. Learn from Black Belt David Morcegao How to Set it Up Whether You Have Long Monkey Arms or Short T-rex Arms.

Good stuff as always. My only problem with this choke is its name. Ninja choke sounds so dorky.

It should be called a more accurate and descriptive name.

I would suggest front naked choke.

Good stuff as always. My only problem with this choke is its name. Ninja choke sounds so dorky.

It should be called a more accurate and descriptive name.

I would suggest front naked choke.
The first person I ever saw demonstrate the choke was Murilo 'Ninja' Rua. I made a thread about it 5 years asking if that was the etymology of the name. Nobody seems to know if it's a coincidence or if that's the actual etymology.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/etymology-of-the-ninja-choke.2530903/

I also generally resist calling it a power guillotnie because the setup mechanics are completely different from a typical guillotine.

i actually like calling it a front naked choke myself! hadn't heard of a power guillotine until someone called it that on reddit lol. No idea of the etymology myself, could very well have come from ninja rua, be interesting to know for certain

Back