Nobody gave him a shot either

Agreed. Because Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson you or I could beat Anthony Joshua.

ITs the fight game anything can happen, Connor could pull the upset.

Buster Douglas was actually a boxer

Last edited:
Mayweather knows better than to snort kilos and plough women before a fight.

Yeah, but both were boxers. Buster Douglas spent his whole f***ing life boxing. Go compare cricket and baseball next.

Or am I mistaking him with that other James Buster Douglas that spent his whole life in MMA, except for that one time, when he was 13, and got into a boxing ring?

Last edited:
David Miller kind of called it within the pages of Sport Magazine a couple of weeks before it happened.

He was not infatuated with the Tyson mythos.

Tall guy - Check
Good Jab - Check
Wouldn't cower to a bully - Check

Plus, Buster was a boxer. His dad was a boxer. His brothers were boxers.

If Tyson vs. Douglas would have happened today, it wouldn't have been that much of a shock to the world. With twitter, tons of sports websites, and blogs, they wouldn't have been able to hide the fact that:

1. Tyson wasn't training.
2. Buster was kicking butt in the gym.

Nobody gave Art Jimmerson a shot against Royce Gracie either.

Buster was an very good boxer, just an underachiever. On paper he was a nightmare matchup for mike.

Also Mike didnt' train and was lazy and undisciplined. Floyd is the opposite.

Buster Douglas was a good boxer. HE was a professional with a good record.

i love how every conor fan keeps yapping about how anything can happen.

after the fight, those same people will be saying conor is really brave for taking this incredible challenge, as if this is anything more than a shameless moneygrab in exchange for a beating. i'll take that same challenge and swing for the fences any day, if you pay me half of what mcgregor is being paid.

ignorant cunts.

Dear lord, I'm just going to skip till halfway through september guys.

jerry-done.gif

Buster Douglas was actually a boxer
I expected the whole OP to be a pic or gif of the Tyson/Buster fight, because it's the only upset casual fans know about in this sport.

Furthermore, I came to write exactly what you did as well.

If Conor wins it would be the greatest upset in sport history.
Even Loma couldn't adapt enough in his second pro fight to beat the dirty old mexican fart.

And Floyd is known for his work ethic, unlike Mike Tyson, who at the time was banging hookers, coking and boozing it up.

I think they tried to shoo away the hookers, so he resolved himself to plowing very unattractive Japanese cleaning ladies that worked in the hotel he was staying at.

There is a wide range of probabilities in "not giving them a chance".

Keep up that false equivalence though.

Buster Douglas was an experienced journeyman boxer who had fought a lot of solid HWs before fighting Tyson. He had beaten Oliver McCall and Trevor Berbick in his fights leading up to the Tyson fight. No doubt that Douglas/Tyson was a massive upset but at least you can look at Douglas and say, "well, he's been in tough in the ring quite a few times before."

The comparison to Conor is not valid. The guy has never even boxed before. He's never fought in a 36 minute 12 round fight.

Honestly, I wouldn't favor McGregor to beat Brandon Rios.

Nobody gave Art Jimmerson a shot against Royce Gracie either.
I think MMA should give the Jimmerson One Glove Grappling System another shot. Its a new era.

Back