"No way UFC 220 does more than 300k buys" - B.Schaub

main event could very well end in seconds
co main could very well be a squash match

rest of the card is pure trash despite all that the 2 title fights should be able to hit 300k

I've often wondered how many "buys" are actually people at home vs bars and businesses that air PPV's.

Do bars bulk buy ppv slots? Will they choose Bellator because of the more recognizable names on the card?

Saturday will be a clear test of how popular old names vs new names affect "buys".

We will see.

Bars do not count in the numbers that get released

Unless someone can correct me, I have thought this for years that most of the buys are just Bars/Restaurants. I just don't know how many a public-place PPV is equivalent to in home PPV. I assume it differs by location capacity on top.

Say hypothetical:
- 1000 capacity (divided by 5)= 200 PPV units.
- 5000 capacity (divided by 5)= 10000 PPV units.

That's assuming they presume a household being 5 members; officially the stats are 2.5 in the US. But maybe they're counting it as 4 or 3, who knows.

Bars are not in the PPV buys that get released

Schaub is wrong

DC's last 2 PPVs he headlined did 850k(jones) and 300k(johnson)

Miocic's last 2 PPV's he headlined did 300k(JDS) and 475k buys(Overeem)

But both of them on the same card won't do over 300k...cool story, bro!

Reem and Jones were the draws.

400k I'd say.

A lot of people have seen the Overeem KO on social media but very few of those casual fans would actually recognise Francis by his name. Stipe is an unproven draw as is DC & that has been hurt by the Jones loss.

The rest of the card is pitiful, barely even FX1 show Prelims quality. Meanwhile Bellator have got a cracking card on free TV & features a few names that casual fans might recognise.

With all that said surely this still cracks 400K???

we'll probably get a figure around 400 from fake news meltzer

I fckng agree

2 titles shot is pointless if the rest of the card is fill up with nobodys

I'll watch Bellator
You're gonna watch Rampage vs Chael at HW over the best UFC HW title fight since Cain vs JDS 1.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

BsMxX8BCYAAnPWm.jpg:large

This is rubbish, it's a big card, i think it does really well on ppv. I'de say 500-700k, if it does less than that i'de be really dissapointed.

I fckng agree

2 titles shot is pointless if the rest of the card is fill up with nobodys

I'll watch Bellator

Yeah go watch the card that's headlined by rampage jackson and chael sonnen in 2017. Very relevant stuff there. Dumbfuck.

Schaubs a bigger wanker every episode.
ive stopped listening to his "breakdown" completly and im only suffering through his bs because callen is awesome.

tbh, Schaub has been on the money lately, he made me a lot of money on his Magny & Esparza predictions for 219.

Schaubs a bigger wanker every episode.
ive stopped listening to his "breakdown" completly and im only suffering through his bs because callen is awesome.

Bryan " I have more street fighting experience than you, so don't disrespect me " Callen.

As annoying and meatheaded as Schaub can be: I don't think he's wrong in this case. The fact that 220 is a weak card overall, and is competing with an arguably more stacked and FREE card on TV, points to unimpressive PPV #s for 220.

Back