"No way UFC 220 does more than 300k buys" - B.Schaub

I'm thinking Francis might prove to be something of a draw, they're promoting him more than most of the current champs, Volkan might hurt them just because he isn't known, even with his knockouts, he's not Jones, Rumble, hell he's not Rampage and Sonnen as ugly as that fight sounds in 2018.

If it does 400k+ that is a really decent sign. With 219 doing better than expected & the recent FS1 card getting decent numbers, its a real nice swing for them after a year of lagging interest

I don't think he's too far off.
I would guess between 300k - 350k.

The selling point of this card is Ngannou.
And that's pretty much it.

I've often wondered how many "buys" are actually people at home vs bars and businesses that air PPV's.

Do bars bulk buy ppv slots? Will they choose Bellator because of the more recognizable names on the card?

Saturday will be a clear test of how popular old names vs new names affect "buys".

We will see.

Schaub is wrong

DC's last 2 PPVs he headlined did 850k(jones) and 300k(johnson)

Miocic's last 2 PPV's he headlined did 300k(JDS) and 475k buys(Overeem)

But both of them on the same card won't do over 300k...cool story, bro!

It'll probably do 400 to 450k.

Raising the price will decrease the number of buys, so we can't really compare it to similar cards that had a lower price point. Head to head with a pretty good free Bellator event won't help either.

hes probably right. i couldnt care less about this card and i love dc.

Since when does Schaub know what's he's talking about?

I've often wondered how many "buys" are actually people at home vs bars and businesses that air PPV's.

Do bars bulk buy ppv slots? Will they choose Bellator because of the more recognizable names on the card?

Saturday will be a clear test of how popular old names vs new names affect "buys".

We will see.

Unless someone can correct me, I have thought this for years that most of the buys are just Bars/Restaurants. I just don't know how many a public-place PPV is equivalent to in home PPV. I assume it differs by location capacity on top.

Say hypothetical:
- 1000 capacity (divided by 5)= 200 PPV units.
- 5000 capacity (divided by 5)= 1000 PPV units.

That's assuming they presume a household being 5 members; officially the stats are 2.5 in the US. But maybe they're counting it as 4 or 3, who knows.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

The price increase is fckng BS

And, there's a pretty good Bellator card that is free.

yeeeeeaaaaah, starting a new price increase on a card that is going up against a (relatively) big deal mma card elsewhere on the same night is probably a bad call. I guess, though, their thought is that they already know there will be fewer buys because of the Bellator card, and are hoping to recoup some of that lost buy money by getting more out of the folk that DO buy.

"Listen man, i love DC, and i love Stipe, but there is no way this card does more than 300k buys"

Do you agree?

How much do you expect this will sell? And what does it say if if doesnt break that mark?

I mean... cyborg x holm did about 400 right?

How could this do less?
The NFL playoff are going on this weekend. It will impact PPV buys.

it has to do better than 219 because that was headlined by WMMA. So lets say 450-500k. One of the things hurting it is actually the fact that its a striker vs striker HW main event, because you know you'll probably be able to watch the entire fight after the fact in a short GIF so why pay $60 to sit around and wait for it?

maybe this dkhead schaub is right but its because people cant wait to spend their money on ufc 223!!! now thats a good bang for ur buck!!!

Same question remains, why would anybody listen to braindead Schaub's verbal diarrhea?

it has to do better than 219 because that was headlined by WMMA. So lets say 450-500k. One of the things hurting it is actually the fact that its a striker vs striker HW main event, because you know you'll probably be able to watch the entire fight after the fact in a short GIF so why pay $60 to sit around and wait for it?
$65 now

Back