[No Source - Unconfirmed] Bret Hart On MMA vs. Wrestling

What a stupid comparison.

Those WWE :eek::eek::eek:s will do and say anything to discredit MMA and play up fake and gay WWE wrastlin'.

This thread:
TS sees a quote by a pro-wrestler speaking about stiff pro-wrestlers.

TS jumps to an incredibly stupid conclusion and without checking any facts to verify said idiocy; posts it as a "Pro Rassler talks bad about MMA" in the UFC forum

TS is joined by others who's jimmies are so russled they just assume that TS's incorrect statement is fact and pile on.

Pretty well taken out of context. He has never rubbished MMA that I know of.

Bret Hart said "Any idiot can hurt someone. It takes real talent to have a match with someone for 30 minutes or so, to look like you're hurting each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than some bruises."

LMAO. Another triggered nerd to up his own arse to admit wrestling is fake and inferior.

That's right, and in contrast, Hart never hurt anyone in his entire career. That is the art. Any idiot can hurt someone. The hard part is to make it look like you're hurting someone every night and never injure anyone in your entire career.
Yes and by all accounts Goldberg's ring work was pretty atrocious. Not really a good example of his craft.

This thread:
TS sees a quote by a pro-wrestler speaking about stiff pro-wrestlers.

TS jumps to an incredibly stupid conclusion and without checking any facts to verify said idiocy; posts it as a "Pro Rassler talks bad about MMA" in the UFC forum

TS is joined by others who's jimmies are so russled they just assume that TS's incorrect statement is fact and pile on.
This. TS talking out of his ass and a bunch of idiots jump onboard without being arsed to check if it's true.

He was the only one to stand up to the evil Vince McMahon, This has to be the most boss moment is wwe history

untitled-33.gif

Lesnar- collegiate wrestling background

Barnett- fighter before he turned pro wrestler

Sakuraba- has a real background in catch wrestling.

The point I'm trying to make is they were Real combat athletes before they were pro wrestlers all the other wrestlers cannot be put into this category.

That's like saying any barista from Starbucks can be a pro fighter like Patrick Cummings
dude you're preaching to the choir here.
ive done a lot at gracie barra northwest and gracie academy..
But my uncle was taught by billy robinson and i off and on have rolled at the snake pit in wigan (the birthplace of catch).

so i kinda see it from all angles, my uncle was pretty famous world champ british pro wrestler, but i have no doubt, if someone tested him, he would stretch them for real.
i 100 % see your point friend.
im pretty sure not all pro wrestlers are pussies..some maybe, but the have to be fairly tough to pro wrestle.
im not defending them or anything, except maybe my uncle, but hes 75 now and you still would not mess with him..lol

Except back in the day, Bret wouldn't be making the money he made in the WWF/E.

Plus, MMA fighting was still basically an unknown thing in the public consciousness.

hey there my little orange friend who struggles with reading comprehension, tell me where in my post i mentioned anything about money.

my post was about how brett could have been a fighter, not that he ought to have been a fighter, not that being a fighter in the sports' infancy was lucrative, and not that brett was better off not being a wwe superstar. my post was simply me saying that brett was a legit tough guy, with some skills that would have transferred well into mma back in the day.

thats all.

Bret Hart is one of the guys who I totally respect, and I have to say he is the prime example why pro wrestling is evil from of entertainment. He was exposed to the business from when he was 1 year old. When he was trying to walk away, the business always found a way to lure him back. His family never was truly a happy place, from what it seems, there was always hate, jealousy. His brother died thanks to Vince being obsessed with stupid entrances, and Hitman's own health was destroyed. He was probably intelligent enough to be successful literally anywhere else, but he just couldn't walk away from it.

So while patrly what he said can be applied to MMA, but if you read any book written by Pro Wrestler - they all mention bullying, beating up newcomers on purpose, attempts to ruin personal lifes etc... No, Bret, I have to disagree with you...

You know this is a good comparison between WWE and MMA... In regards to the bullying and beating up on newcomers. Look what Sonnen and McGregor did coming into the sport, steam rolled their way to money and title shots.... That couldn't happen in WWE without "scripting" or kissing ass, going up the Corporate ladder.

It just shows that MMA can really enable somebody with real talent to prove themselves and get rich very fast. This won't happen in the WWE.

Mod edit: There is no source so this is unconfirmed.

Bret Hart said "Any idiot can hurt someone. It takes real talent to have a match with someone for 30 minutes or so, to look like you're hurting each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than some bruises."

I highly doubt he said that

Back